PDA

View Full Version : HID lights on an 07 Odyssey

evolution
11-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi,

I'm getting HID's installed onto my 07(06 delivered) Odyssey this weekend, just wondering if ther are any issues I should be aware of before carrying on? ie insurance claims, police etc

Thanks

AusAccord
11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
want to install HID for my RB too n just abt to ask same question. record yr installation for a DIY thread will be good. how many K for yr HID?? good luck :D

12-04-2007, 12:00 AM
if its bellow 8000 K colour, it would be fine with the cops usualy.
insurance claim.. not available as i know.. but im not sure either.. u can always ring up ur insurance company for it.

other issues i can think of is.. just do it safely, and prepare a relay kit for it ..

aka_NSX
12-04-2007, 08:38 AM
I've got 6000k HID in my odyssey never got any problem with cops, I dont know about insurance thou

evolution
13-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'm getting it done by my mechanic friend. I think the HID is 6000K.
BTW do you guys think that $200 for a unpainted roof wing spoiler is worth it? Considering I still have to get it painted and installed? Haven't seen any odysseys here with roof wing spoiler.

aka_NSX
13-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the replies, I'm getting it done by my mechanic friend. I think the HID is 6000K.
BTW do you guys think that $200 for a unpainted roof wing spoiler is worth it? Considering I still have to get it painted and installed? Haven't seen any odysseys here with roof wing spoiler.

is that the OEM roof wing ? if so usually they are come already painted

AusAccord
13-04-2007, 10:34 PM
roof spoiler..... believe u r talking the one on ebay.....

evolution
14-04-2007, 04:48 AM
Yes correct! How did you know?

yourfather
14-04-2007, 04:53 AM
dont get the ebay one dude

plz. just get the oem one plzzzzzzz

dont do it

AusAccord
14-04-2007, 08:24 AM
totally agree father's advice, get the oem one if u can afford ..... do it right 1st time save yr headache .... fibre glass product won't give u smooth finish ....

evolution
22-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the advice.. checking the price of the roof spoiler from the dealer, also asking if they can supply the front grill of the Modulo bodykit.

Btw, HID lights install has been delayed because the mechanic got the wrong bulbs. According to him, the bulbs used in the 04 model and the 07 model are different!!???

22-04-2007, 11:58 PM
oh crap .. what does .. 07 model use??
i about to buy for1 but i taught 04-07 are the same :S

evolution
23-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Not too sure, but he was telling me that the bulbs in the 07 model were 'L' shaped and the ones in the 04 were the normal straight types??? I don't know much about these things, so I just accepted it. Could find out when I get it installed.

aka_NSX
23-04-2007, 07:28 AM
all odyssey use H11

evolution
23-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Googled the H11 bulbs. The connector and bulb head form an L shape, so I guess he was partially right. It may be that he assumed that the bulb was some other type and didn't bother to check properly.

sendok
23-04-2007, 10:08 AM
it seems to be alright for 8000k or below.. police is ok but dont know insurance... anyway.. people will go blind for sec :D

evolution
02-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Been 3 weeks and I still haven't got the HIDs installed.... first it was the wrong bulbs, then we couldn't arrange a time when both of us were free, now my mechaniic is telling me that the Taiwanese brand HID lights he was planing to install has had some complaints from other people and is advising me to go for the Jap or German brands.

I wanted to check with you guys here if it is true that on cheaper Taiwanese brand HID kits, when it rains heavily, the HID lights will useless and you can't see bugger all because it is white light projected on a white surface(rain water is white?!?). And apparently, he has heard that Jap or German brands don't have this problem.

Is this true? Have any of you guys with HID lights have problem with the lights during heavy rain and fog?

The price diff between the 2 is $200. Because if this is not true, then taking the Taiwanese brand will not make a difference.

Thanks

NeoNode
02-05-2007, 11:18 PM
I wanted to check with you guys here if it is true that on cheaper Taiwanese brand HID kits, when it rains heavily, the HID lights will useless and you can't see bugger all because it is white light projected on a white surface(rain water is white?!?). And apparently, he has heard that Jap or German brands don't have this problem.

Is this true? Have any of you guys with HID lights have problem with the lights during heavy rain and fog?

The price diff between the 2 is $200. Because if this is not true, then taking the Taiwanese brand will not make a difference.

Thanks
My car has OEM HID's and it's utterly useless in the rain, I don't think brands really matter as long as the colour temperature isn't something ridiculous, I personally like 4300k.
Although from my experience, it seems halogens tend to perform better in rainy conditions than HID's, but that maybe due to their lower colour temperature.

aaronng
03-05-2007, 02:38 AM

Thanks
It is the same for taiwanese, german and japanese hids. If you want good lighting in the rain, go for 4300K or lower hid. the whiter it is, the worse in the rain. For heavy fog, you need fog lights.

evolution
04-05-2007, 12:29 AM
It is the same for taiwanese, german and japanese hids. If you want good lighting in the rain, go for 4300K or lower hid. the whiter it is, the worse in the rain. For heavy fog, you need fog lights.

Having second thoughts about installing HID if the visibility if crap during rain

bigdongers
04-05-2007, 02:17 AM
my OEM HIDs are fine in the rain.