PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Airboxes and side skirt for ek4

andiiso
11-04-2007, 11:25 PM
with the mugen airboxes for Integra Type R and the Civic Type R, can they fit directly into the VtiR integra or civic with no troubles at all like performance, size fittings etc? or is there somethings that need to be changed in the VtiR to be able to use the Mugen airbox made for DC2R or EK9 ?

and also is the VtiR civic side skirt the same as the EK9 side skirt ? because at first i thought it wasnt but ive heard a few claims saying they are the same .. ? so i would like to get a definite answer

mrwillz
12-04-2007, 01:12 PM
and also is the VtiR civic side skirt the same as the EK9 side skirt ? because at first i thought it wasnt but ive heard a few claims saying they are the same .. ? so i would like to get a definite answer

all civics skirts is da same thing from 96-00 and prety sure in length too (sedan/coupe/hatch)
they look da same 2 andy ;)

andiiso
12-04-2007, 03:11 PM
haha awesome will, so that means i only gotta get the rear ek9 wing and rear lip haha. now who can answer me about the mugen airboxes ? =p

gelo
12-04-2007, 03:51 PM
civic mugen air boxes fits all civics

andiiso
12-04-2007, 06:59 PM
dun need to change intake manifold ? or anythin ? wat about the integra ? i think i saw somewhere on this forum you havta get a intake manifold or something ... skunk2 intake manifold or something to fit the Integra Type R mugen airbox into the Integra VtiR

gelo
12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
it has nothing to do with the intake manifold
look at ur air box
imagine ur air box was not there
now imagine mugen airbox in its place

andiiso
14-04-2007, 12:59 AM
oic, thats what i have thought alll along till i read somewhere on this forum about the VtiR (integra) intake manifold is different to the Type R manifold which i find reasonable, but had to ask because wasnt sure how it relate to the airbox and if it did i wanted a definite answer on if it needed to be changed for a mugen airbox to go into the car. and also im asking for Integra VtiR cos that is what it was originaly talking about in the thread i read somewhere here about having to change the intake manifold, and i wanted to ask about civic for myself since i drive a ek4.

daniel b16a
15-04-2007, 01:45 AM
yeah skirts are pretty much the same

SLPJCooL
15-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Skirts are all the same unless you have Mugen skirts
Just make sure you get the right Rear Lip cos Hatch and Sedan/Coupe have different lengths