PDA

View Full Version : Signatures

aimre
12-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Since when is there a 200 characture limit?

Can we increase the limit, as the limit included BB code, and my simple one line sig doesnt work becos of this. i want the first letter of each word red. But thats puts it over the limist

[TNT] Team No Traction - Cos Traction Is Overrated

Doesnt Fit

Zdster
12-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Since when is there a 200 characture limit?

Can we increase the limit, as the limit included BB code, and my simple one line sig doesnt work becos of this. i want the first letter of each word red. But thats puts it over the limist

[TNT] Team No Traction - Cos Traction Is Overrated

Doesnt Fit

The problem is people start to abuse signatures and have massively long ones advertising for sale items and services etc etc. It also makes it hard to read the forums.

bennjamin
12-04-2007, 11:04 AM
^ as above.

Edit your HTML to take advantage of the signature *looks below*

Any more and we have gotten big advertisements in the past.

panda[cRx]
12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
^^^ i've been told off for having a smaller sig than that -__-

aimre
12-04-2007, 07:59 PM
The problem is people start to abuse signatures and have massively long ones advertising for sale items and services etc etc. It also makes it hard to read the forums.

But look, yours is bigger than mine, yet i am penalised

and ben, this is very new, as My sig used to be longer, but as i wanted to remove something when i edited it, it said its too long.

Try and chnage yours now ben

yfin
12-04-2007, 08:12 PM
But look, yours is bigger than mine, yet i am penalised

and ben, this is very new, as My sig used to be longer, but as i wanted to remove something when i edited it, it said its too long.

Try and chnage yours now ben

Yes, recently the signature size was reduced to 200 characters due to a trend towards people drafting very long signatures causing clutter and distraction from forum content.

You should be able to fit plenty in 200 characters. For example - Ben's signature is well within the limit.

And Panda perhaps post up your old signature that was problematic - I think you might find it was bigger than 4 point font size which is not permitted under the terms and conditions.

panda[cRx]
12-04-2007, 10:47 PM
yfin it was before there was any regulations in the t&c, and unless ben has changed it today it may have just been displaying differently at my work computer .... either way i'm not fussed.

anyway i think the sigs are fine, we dont really need the limit increased just so you can rice up your crew name.
on the whole sig thing i thinkthe mods seem to be doin a good job of moderating as i haven't seen any 'unsuitable' sigs as we used to have quite regularly :)

wynode
12-04-2007, 10:56 PM
As above.

Ben, if you try and change your signature now you probably won't be able to have something as long :)

The limit (like Yfin said) was recently reduced to 200chars however I have just changed the settings so you can include upto 100chars of BBCode.