PDA

View Full Version : How happy are you with Euro?

Euro76
14-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Three months since I acquired Euro standard, I'm very happy of the car. The car is great to drive for this price I've paid. The only bit of letdown is the car seems consume more fuel, I have to refill the tank after every 475-575km drive, costing a dear $60-70 (ouch)...do you think it's normal? Well apart from that no real known problem. No plan for further modification yet although I'd like to put short shifter. I know the new Euro is coming in 2008 but I plan to keep this car for 5 years at least. Would like to know what other Euro owners experience with their car.

_CiVIC_
14-04-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm not entirely happy with my Euro..... over it.......

wish i had my Type S again...

tony1234
14-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Very happy with mine.Just waiting on the JTUNE gear for some more power!!

aaronng
14-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Your fuel consumption sounds normal if you are in the city 100%.

Just search through the Euro section. Lots of user experience (and anguish) posts there.

kam
14-04-2007, 11:19 AM
euro would be the ultimate if it was: rwd and had the v6 engine in it

Merlin086
14-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Very happy with mine.Just waiting on the JTUNE gear for some more power!!

I second that!

:honda: :thumbsup:

BusterSonic12
14-04-2007, 12:08 PM
i have a auto. i m damn HAPPY about it, red p my first car. so i m lovin' it =)
but i do wish that the auto transmission had a bit closer ratio so it rev fast like manual's. apart from that quite happy.

tony1234
14-04-2007, 12:18 PM
i have a auto. i m damn HAPPY about it, red p my first car. so i m lovin' it =)
but i do wish that the auto transmission had a bit closer ratio so it rev fast like manual's. apart from that quite happy.
Get a manual Leon.Manual FTW.:p

stephen8512
14-04-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm not entirely happy with my Euro..... over it.......

wish i had my Type S again...

hahah i told ya alf!!!

ginganggooly
14-04-2007, 12:30 PM
It's good... Needs a little more character though.
It's just too quiet and lazy to be much fun.

Entity
14-04-2007, 01:29 PM
hmm i have to fill up every 430km or so... but thats only because lately i've had the air con up the whole time..

latest tank has last me about 480km so far and its just about ready for a fill up.. if you're beating 500km/tank before the light comes on i'd consider that pretty good.

ALF487
14-04-2007, 01:41 PM
im Happy with my Euro.. best 1st car.. planning to keep it for 5yrs ish, mod it slowly.. not ever goin to sell it.. ill probly hand it down to my lil brother.. which he'll be 10yrs old by then hehehe and the car im goin to buy after that, will be an Alfa Romeo 156GT possibly... Why an Alfa Romeo? because my real name is Alfa Rein. :D

xiang
14-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah the euro is a nice car and all, but for the amount of money that you've paid, the regularity of minor issues just seems to get annoying.

Adagio
14-04-2007, 03:45 PM
It's good... Needs a little more character though.
It's just too quiet and lazy to be much fun.

I am happy with mine. It has a significant static presence but needs to communicate a little more on the road. Build quality is exceptional. I don't find it lazy but very comfortable. I got a new Toyota Seca Corolla as a loan car the other day and found it a very uncomfortable ride very plastic and tinny compared to the Euro.I know there is a difference in price however it was achingly boring to drive.

EuroAccord13
14-04-2007, 04:03 PM
I like my Euro when she is not temperamental LOL!

euro77
14-04-2007, 10:35 PM
I liked my euro, very happy with it when I had it for 3 years. Selling cause I can't resist a better handling RWD car :D

aaronng
14-04-2007, 11:06 PM
I liked my euro, very happy with it when I had it for 3 years. Selling cause I can't resist a better handling RWD car :D

I want to go to Winton to see if I can keep up with your car. :p

blk05gli
15-04-2007, 09:35 PM
good points - build quality, ride, handling/grip, comfort, everything else...
bad points - needs a little bit more power to keep up with the falcodores and thats about it :-)

Silver-Arrowz
16-04-2007, 07:54 AM
I love my Euro. It's a stock auto and it's way more economical than some previous cars I've owned. I get anything between 520-620km a tank. I don't bother revving too much since I brought this car to get around.

Tobster
16-04-2007, 10:50 AM
I still love my car some 15+ months (and an accident) later. I was just thinking the other day that the gearshift quality and feeling is starting to get better and better.

The car does what I wanted (and expected) it to do. I believe that it gives me (small) 6 cylinder power, with 4 cylinder running costs -- which I like. It has enough grunt for me and plenty of fun factor.

It might be because I'm a bit older than the average person on this forum, but I'm over the outright grunt thing; a good-handling lower-powered car is still more fun than a high-power poor-handling car IMO -- but I like to drive through the hills, and I'm not into straight-line drags.

I laugh at people who buy cars and then complain about their lack of power -- drive the car first and be real about your expectations! If it doesn't have enough power, buy another car!

My trip computer tells me that I still seem to average about 9.1-9.5 litres -- but I don't have to crawl in traffic much.

Adagio
16-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Good review Tobster I probably fall into your age bracket and have similar views. I think if you look forward to opportunities to drive your car and enjoy the experience then you have chosen wisely

LXRY
16-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Did love it at first...........

Now hate it :- pulling to right under camber (right), riddled with dash ratlles, squeeky sunroof, vibration at the back when I turn music up, steering wheel not straight, scratched tint, smell from a/c or heater when on, and definetly not enough power......My car is a lemon :(

Adagio
16-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Lxry how could all this happen when it was fine when you bought it? Has the Euro had any accidents? I keep telling people and people keep telling me nothing goes wrong with a Honda.

tony1234
16-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Lxry how could all this happen when it was fine when you bought it? Has the Euro had any accidents? I keep telling people and people keep telling me nothing goes wrong with a Honda.
Yeah i agree.mine is 10 mths.old 16000kms.lowered with Eibach/bilsteins,run 40psi.in tyres and not a rattle/squeak nothing!!:confused:

sendok
16-04-2007, 02:51 PM
i'm happy with my wife, she's comfort, good handling, quite power.. :D

ok2
16-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I have a stock 2006 Std 6MT and have some minor issues (broken rear sway bar end link, really quiet occasional rattles) but overall I'm happy.

As other posters have said you have to be realistic with

- Power requirements (so being able to do 2.4 times the legal limit is not fast enough ?)
- Be more interested in handling versus straight line acceleration
- Want a more "quality" type car with great resale value
- It is not the car that will do everything for everyone
- Nothing is perfect

Just my $0.02 worth :p

LXRY
16-04-2007, 04:53 PM

no accidents, i treat my car well, I dont throw it around, havn't been down any dirt roads....I thought i bought a good car too....but i was wrong :( (first honda buyer, very disappointed !!)

started from day 1, yep I bought a LEMON !!

ginganggooly
16-04-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm at a loss to think of another similarly priced FWD car that matches the Euro's blend of quality, ambience, style and handling. Maxima/Aurion/380 are all very large afairs, i think the Toyota and Nissan are manual only. Camry 4cyls are too much of a Hertz special, same goes for the 380. Mazda 6 has those annoying ricey tail lights, and looks like an older, more tired design- which it is.

Other than the Euro, the best I can think of is a Jetta 2.0l TFSI??

kraiye
16-04-2007, 06:54 PM
i dont have a euro and probably never will but i love the fact that you can still buy a larger car in manual. their getting too rare imo with other manufacturers.

no accidents, i treat my car well, I dont throw it around, havn't been down any dirt roads....I thought i bought a good car too....but i was wrong :( (first honda buyer, very disappointed !!)

started from day 1, yep I bought a LEMON !!

i'd kick up a stink wherever i could! obviously to the dealer you bought it from but also write to Honda and let them know how undeniably unhappy you are with their product, especially when Honda is notoriously known for quality. it probably wont get you anywhere but always feels good to complain to the source when you get a dud.

LXRY
16-04-2007, 06:55 PM
yes you may be right there ginganggooly.

You pay for what you get...

pay $5,000-$10000 more and get an audi a4, bmw 320 series, peugot 407 or 307cc, renault megane, lexus is250, mitsubishi evo not really lxry but she boogies..hehe

ginganggooly
16-04-2007, 07:00 PM
yes you may be right there ginganggooly.

You pay for what you get...

pay $5,000-$10000 more and get an audi a4, bmw 320 series, peugot 407 or 307cc, renault megane, lexus is250, mitsubishi evo not really lxry but she boogies..hehe

Had a few bmw's and benzes roll through the household garage over the years, they were all plagued with niggling issues for the whole time the cars were owned. One of the E320's even had a crank pulley come loose just after 2 years of ownership (out of warranty) and only 50k km on it. It damaged a few other things, and in short, the little debacle cost in the region of $10k to repair... the oldies still buy these cars.

Unfortunately, an increase in price doesn't always represent a step forward in reliability and/or quality.

kraiye
16-04-2007, 07:16 PM
lexus ftw
these guys have some really sexy cars thats for sure

LXRY
16-04-2007, 08:04 PM
ok maybe im just bitch'n cause I got a lemon....draw of the straw it seems, I got the short one.

aday
17-04-2007, 10:08 PM
ok maybe im just bitch'n cause I got a lemon....draw of the straw it seems, I got the short one.

In all seriousness, speak to Honda Australia. Every time I've had to deal with them about something I've not been happy with, I've had a quick and satisfactory resolution. Sure, they can't replace your car and probably won't be able to fix everything, but there's a good chance that some of your problems can be addressed to improve the ownership experience somewhat.

kraiye
18-04-2007, 06:57 AM
yeah you might get a free hat!

tron07
18-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Got some dash rattle and door squeeks... probably can solve it if I took the time too... so far still lazy and living with it.
Pretty good power and FC in highway athough I always get high FC due to doing 60kmh in town driving most of the time.

Best car I had so far... other being a Proton and a Civic Coupe.