PDA

View Full Version : Squeeking sound on Left turn?!?!

macoman69
15-04-2007, 10:44 PM
was driving today and heard a weird squeeking noise (similar to that of when your brake discs have rust and you brake and makes that squeeking whining sound, just not as high pitched)

Found that it only makes this noise on moderate to sharp left turn at about 40km/h and over. It also rarely makes the sound when im going in a straight line.

I have no idea what it could be i know my CV needs to be repaired but dunno if its the the CV thats causing this weird sound.

All help would be appreciated.

macoman69
16-04-2007, 11:54 AM
cmon guys someone must know something???
Im desperate to find out what the problem is?

destrukshn
16-04-2007, 12:00 PM
it's hard to give you some advice really without actually hearing it, and when it's actually happening.

macoman69
16-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Well best i can describe it is when i turn left at a moderate angle or more when going over 40km/h it makes this whinney squeeking noise. I think its caused by some sort of vibration. (best way to describe it is if you have a light piece of aluminium vibrating against metal very fast. So you cant hear the individual vibrations sounds very constant.) Hope that makes sense

Dylanamus
16-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Are you going to get the repairs done by a mechanic or attempt them yourself? If you're gonna use a mechanic, just take it there and let him determine the fault. He'll incorporate the cost of assessment into the bill irrespective of if you tell him what the problem is...

panda[cRx]
16-04-2007, 09:41 PM
it's not your brake pad wear indicators?