PDA

View Full Version : Which colour has better resale value?

joey_kev
16-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Hi,

thinking of buying the new accord but not sure which colour to get. I was going for white all the way but then black or the silverstone might look better.

is it true that white cars have better resale value? I guess because white cars are easier to maintain from scrathes and marks so in the future would still look as good

xtc_romeo
16-04-2007, 01:56 AM
silver is the best i rekon, always cleeaan. =D

Vinnie
16-04-2007, 02:15 AM
as long as its not a really obscure colour ide think that there would only be minimal difference on resale so ude be best off jus buying the coulour u like best. :)

some cars (eg. white) are popular coz they dont show dirt as much but then theres always ppl looking for other colours or those that jus dont care so i wodent woory bout it.

Joeyboy
16-04-2007, 02:50 PM
some cars (eg. white) are popular coz they dont show dirt as much but then theres always ppl looking for other colours or those that jus dont care so i wodent woory bout it.

is that y there's sh*tload of white cars out there?! do a test and count how many white cars u can see...u'll be surprised wid d results :D

anyway, i dont know about what colour has better resale value (dont think that far ahead, hihi), but i like dark colours. each to their own i think wid this one....

Rice_4_life
16-04-2007, 10:34 PM
if it comes in a special limited edition colour buy that :p back when I was buying a car saw some putting xxxx/xxx amount more onto the price compared to other colours :s

ae_1861
20-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I always thought that green car are harder to sell compare to other colours. Not that they worth less than the others, but just takes longer to sell. So if someone is desperate to sell a green one, it might be cheaper.
my 2cents.

Merlin086
21-04-2007, 07:02 AM
Whenever I've bought a second hand car the colour has been last on the list.
Make, model, condition, k's then .........colour, as long as it's not offensive.

Riviera
25-04-2007, 06:53 AM
man red lol keep it detailed all i see in teh second hand car maraket is white navy blue and silver, never see a good condition red and everyone likes a awesome condition red. leave notes for the next buyer lol pos**** all around the inside ;)

ek4-guy
25-04-2007, 09:15 AM
It depends on the market at the time and the availability of colours. When it comes to Honda lots of people like championship white. This was a limited colour that pays tribute to the first Honda Formula 1 winning car and was first used on prestige models only.

But like i say above it depends on the availability of a colour in market at the time. Many people dont seem to like green but its personal preference i paid a premium at the time for my green EK cause it was what i wanted. I know that i dont like white cars cause as said in above posts its just to common.

panda[cRx]
25-04-2007, 10:13 AM
just don't get black!

paint quality on cars isn't as good as it was back in the day and black shows ALL the scratches, ALL the swirl marks and is generally a bitch to live with.

black looks good in the showroom or nice and shiny on the sales yard but by the time you bring it in for your 10k service it'll look crap

Riviera
25-04-2007, 01:00 PM
tell me about it mete my misses has a nighthawk black civic and man the scratches just come about so easily i havnt made any personally but theres a few on there and u can see them

championship white yea i like the whites, look real good, mines white lol

white is a good colour to mix and match rims with too bit of ride height adjustment tis good :thumbsup:

zorella
26-04-2007, 09:43 AM
I have this dorky 'ever so mid-90's light green/aqua/thing' color, I hate it, but the car was a thousand cheaper just because no one wanted that color.

Local Government (SthEast QLD) buys in silver cars as they sell quicker.