PDA

View Full Version : Integra ls leaking

90xsi
16-04-2007, 05:01 PM
hey
my car is leaking like a bitch on the driver side foot wall
Ive taken apart the whole plastic thing in front of the windscreen
and siliconed the whole panel back but it still leaks..
need help asap
any help will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Rasputin
16-04-2007, 05:08 PM
By the plastic thing, I'm guessing you mean the wiper cowling. Long, black plastic with two rubber 'boots' on the ends which go over the bonnet hinges.

I know you already siliconed it all, but you're going to have to take it off, and do it again. But this time, also silicone the black plastic panel UNDER the wiper cowling, on the driver's side. When you pull this back you'll see that it covers a big hole, which is where the water is getting into the cabin. Also silicone all the little holes used for attachment, not just around the edges of the plastic.

90xsi
16-04-2007, 09:13 PM
thanks alot mate
i did that aswell
but somehow its still leaking
maybe tear it all apart again n redo the one underneath
once again thanks much appreciated
just curious, have you done this before?
Cheers

Rasputin
16-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Haha, yeah man I've been there. Rain used to be my biggest fear. Well, second biggest.

Siliconing the hell outta everything I could see in that area did the job for me. There might still be some water that's not completely dried up yet, that might explain why you still have a little bit coming through, even after sealing it up?

Just came across the perfect explanation/DIY on an american site that you'll soon learn to love. www.g2ic.com
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138017&highlight=leaky

ACTI0NMAN-1
16-04-2007, 11:25 PM
check for leaves inside the engine bay against the fire wall perhaps causing water to leak into the cabin through a firewall grommet.

IZY-10
18-04-2007, 12:42 AM
welcome to the DA world my friend

90xsi
18-04-2007, 03:56 PM
well i siliconed the piece that covers the hole,
and all seems to be sweet,
just gotta silicone the main cowl back on n0w..
ballbreaker of a job but hopefully in the end its well worth it
Thanks alot for all your input
it has been very helpful
Regards

dc2dc2dc2
18-04-2007, 03:57 PM
welcome to the DA world my friend

lol ! :D

JHMDA9
20-04-2007, 07:07 PM
There's a much better way than just trying to fill every hole with silicon. I had a small leak on the passenger side and wanted to fix it before it got worse. Each of the scrivets holding the cowling actually has a clear rubber boot underneath it which is there to stop the water getting in. All but two of mine had dried up and cracked. I got new ones from Honda and replaced all of them. Worked a treat. They cost $2.30 each but I'll get another 15 years of life out of them rather than spread silicon all over my car :thumbsup:
Honda part no.: 91608SJ6003.

90xsi
21-04-2007, 05:38 PM
thanks but i re siliconed all up again then i saw your post about the part number, it was leaking through those little tiny rubber things you are talking about but i siliconed it and it doesnt seem to be leaking anymore, lets just wait for it to rain and see what happens..i cbf doing all that again, its been twice already