PDA

View Full Version : Custom Heater Control box

EGB18CT
16-04-2007, 09:18 PM
FOR A EG CIVIC HATCH yO....

Im trying to find out if it is possible to make like a custom race heater control. I know most race cars remove their heater but im toying with the idea of making like a heater control out of rocket switches and mounting a kill switch there too.

Now the only drama is the eg heater control uses a cable to move from cold to hot so if i remove the heater control unit id lose this function. Would it be possible or is there aftemarket motors that enable cnversion t a kill switch drive thingy!

Basically id like:
Kill Switch to isolate batt/car/engine
Rocket Switches that control: F&R Demister, and just cold warm hot function.

The vents can say in the aways open position and the air not to recirculate.

is there anyone with experience makeing these custom dashes on here like to hear from you!!!

Anyway heres what a spoon one looks like in their jazz so something along the lines of this....

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/egb18ct/0504_ht_10_zHonda_Spoon_Fitinterior.jpg

bennjamin
16-04-2007, 09:24 PM
those switches are for other electrical items ( lamp etc). Nothing to do with the heater.
The heater switches are down below

FYI yes you could do something , but as you stated the heater control is via cable to the heater core so it would have to be swapped with something electronic...NFI what honda has this.

creativepunka
16-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Just swap to a vacume operated heater tap and an electric vacume solenoide. shouldnt cost over $30 using second hand parts lol.

EGB18CT
17-04-2007, 10:32 AM
care to explain more on the vac solenoid? in particular which hondas use it that would be compatible with the eg heater?

also would u need to connect the demister and such to relays or just straight to switches? ...having trouble finsing info on this stuff

creativepunka
21-04-2007, 11:05 AM
well if i was building a street race car (the only reason i would do it lol) i would set it up so when it is on it would be full hot and pointing to the front window (DEF) as that would be all you would need. I would remove the honda heater tap and put in a VZ v6 commodore vacume operated heater tap. i would then get a vacume hose from the engine manifold to the cabin. on the end of this hose i would put a vacume switch, then from the vac switch i would run another hose to the heater tap. When 12v is applied to the vac switch (via a dash mounted switch) the heater tap will open and you will have hot air.

Vac switches are just an electrically controlled tap. Many early 90 model cars run them for all sorts of things. most of your turbo imports will run a few. you can probably get them from repco i guess