PDA

View Full Version : Asap! Fu&*ing Freaking Out!!!!

macoman69
16-04-2007, 11:12 PM
I need help urgently!
I just got home to find not 1 but 2 of my wheel nuts had fallen of while driving

WTF!

How the hell could this happen. Before ppl say the obvious. Yes they where on tight, and no they where not stolen.

I think i also have a problem with my CV and Wheel Bearing, could this have contributed!

Need advice ASAP

chunky
16-04-2007, 11:14 PM
prolly jus came loose when u were driving
or sum 1 stole em
replace dem quik

DreadAngel
16-04-2007, 11:16 PM
chunky, read the man's post before replying ><

serpo
16-04-2007, 11:18 PM
How do you know they wernt stolen?

chunky
lolz hey i was jus saying whut i thought happened
and i did read the post jus thought there was no other way they could of come off

macoman69
Because one of them was lying in my garage when i came back and the other one i dont know?

serpo
16-04-2007, 11:19 PM
lolz hey i was jus saying whut i thought happened
and i did read the post jus thought there was no other way they could of come off

totaly agree

bennjamin
16-04-2007, 11:19 PM
are your wheels FLUSH with the hub itself ?

IE , when you place the wheel onto the hub , does it move at all , or does it sit firm ?
If not , you need proper hub centric rings to allow the wheel to sit flush on the hub. IF not the wheel can "loosen" itself off the hub and the lug nuts too. Alos puts stain on your hub / bearing etc

macoman69
16-04-2007, 11:20 PM
OH i also have wheel spacers to fit my calipers.

m3ntAL_l2
16-04-2007, 11:21 PM
were they aftermarket ones? u been driving hard?
it happened to my mates r31 he had the aftermarket locknut on and hav been drving hard, out of the nowhere the nut just snaped off and same with you he didnt notice it till got home, lucky the oem ones are storng!!

fatboyz39
16-04-2007, 11:21 PM
sif you don't know if wheel nuts are loose.

Use the correct wheel nuts!

macoman69
16-04-2007, 11:25 PM
They are ****in OEM

bennjamin
16-04-2007, 11:28 PM
OH i also have wheel spacers to fit my calipers.

how thick ?

Methinks the spacers are the reason ( or more so , the installation of them)

They reduce useable thread length of the lugs. This means the nuts cannot grip the entire length and less force is on the wheel / hub. If one nut is a tiny bit loose it can work itself loose quite quickly.

ACTI0NMAN-1
16-04-2007, 11:29 PM
if they were on tight and not stolen, then obviously its ghosts. and we can close this thread.

serpo
16-04-2007, 11:32 PM
hahaha look man happens somtimes i must admit, just tighten again and check in a few days

Bayani
16-04-2007, 11:34 PM
No one touched them; and they were on tight.

Yep. Ghosts. LOL

macoman69
16-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Alright first all im ready to admit it might have just come loose due to the fact that i have spacers.
Secondly does anyone know where i get proper H&R spacers 5mm in QLD ASAP

riceball
16-04-2007, 11:41 PM
lil trolls took it

serpo
16-04-2007, 11:45 PM
the underpant knomes have gone into a new business lmao (southpark character)

Mr_will
16-04-2007, 11:59 PM
spacers are illegal and stupid.

there are only two frames of mind for people who put spacers on their car:

1) i want the mod, but i dont have enough money for wheels with the correct offset

2) i want the mod, have the money for wheels with the correct offset, but am too stingy/stupid/need to pay for hookers so i dont want to buy new wheels.

either way, youre stupid and either way the answer is to get new wheels, with the correct offset, or **** those calipers right off

Muzz
17-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Its recomended you check your wheel nuts a week after initially tightening them they can work loose.

Now the questions that no ones asked yet lol.....
Did you torque them up to correct specs? they may be tight, but they need to be done up to proper specs, or risk them working loose as has happend.

Also, i see your using OEM nuts, are your wheels OEM?
There are two types of nuts, conical and rounded. OEM are usually rounded, aftermarket wheels often require the conical nuts.

If you dont know the difference, just ask and ill draw u a simple diagram;)
hope this helps

riceball
17-04-2007, 12:03 AM

1) i want the mod, but i dont have enough money for wheels with the correct offset

2) i want the mod, have the money for wheels with the correct offset, but am too stingy/stupid/need to pay for hookers so i dont want to buy new wheels.

either way, youre stupid and either way the answer is to get new wheels, with the correct offset, or **** those calipers right off

LOL GOLD! :thumbsup:

macoman69
17-04-2007, 12:05 AM

How about nobody asked for your fu*ckin input dips*hit.

WHy dont you go sit in your LS and tell yourself its fast Idiot

Mr_will
17-04-2007, 12:10 AM
How about nobody asked for your fu*ckin input dips*hit.....are you sure

I need help urgently!
Need advice ASAP

macoman69
17-04-2007, 12:11 AM
yeah advice!!!

Not criticsm. Go look in a dictionary you might find out what it means.

Mr_will
17-04-2007, 12:14 AM

i gave you advice, learn to read

macoman69
17-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Right mate.

Forgot you have to deal with E-Thugs on the internet who think they are tops.

However important you think you are, why dont you look at reality and see how money ppl use spacers not to mention a small 5mm one.
I can name many off the top of my head.

macoman69
17-04-2007, 12:19 AM
BTW ive found out my answers and dont need anymore fuc8kheads ruining my thread.

serpo
17-04-2007, 12:35 AM
what was the answer??? was it underpant knomes??? dude just take critisism on the chin, I have dodgy ideas aswell there just tryin to help and they dont wana see a Honda with dodgy spacers

ACTI0NMAN-1
17-04-2007, 12:41 AM

i would have to agree with you.

Muzz
17-04-2007, 11:07 AM
While spacers are not very good, and there are plenty (the majority) of poor designs out there which are very dangerous, there is nothing dangerous with using THIN, HUBCENTRIC spacers, which barly changes the forces seen in the studs. Still a sheering force, no bending moments, the spacer fits tightly over the hub, which takes the weight. Have been used in racing cars for years.

So replys like Mr Wills there are completly unnecissary, unless you actually know the design. Most people just repeat what they hear^^^, and this info is often throwen around, cause the majority ARE very dangerous, and can cause problems. NOT ALL THOUGH :thumbdwn:

Somone also mentioned about you cant ballance the wheel properly when using spaces. This is rediculous the wheel is ballanced independantly, and if using hubcentric spacers they will not throw any weight offf centre of the hub.

As ben said, it will give you less thread on the stud to use, but its easy to check if all the thread in the wheel nuts are being used.

macoman69
17-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Im glad some ppl on this forum know what they are talking about

jdmlvn
17-04-2007, 11:16 AM
the borrowers took em