PDA

View Full Version : AutoMatic Window

tangyoonee
18-04-2007, 09:43 AM
my passenger side window doesn't close easily.
Do I nd new motor or is there some other solutions?
cheers:confused:

XB-16-AX
18-04-2007, 10:11 AM
remove the door strip and have a look at the power window assembly, as sometimes it just requires lubrication to the alloy frame, and sometimes just needs to be loosen abit to allow easy flow of the window itself.

but if the motor is making weird and rattly sounds, then u may need to replace the power window motor (get one from wreckers or sumptin)

otherwise a good clean and lubrication should fix this.

tangyoonee
18-04-2007, 10:18 AM
remove the door trip and have a look at the power window assembly, as sometimes it just requires lubrication to the alloy frame, and sometimes just needs to be loosen abit to allow easy flow of the window itself.

but if the motor is making weird and rattly sounds, then u may need to replace the power window motor (get one from wreckers or sumptin)

otherwise a good clean and lubrication should fix this.

Oh ok!!
I'll try that.
thanksomuch:thumbsup:

EuroDude
18-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Buy some Graphite Powder from SuperCheap/AutoOne and puff some powder into the rubber rails while the Window is down.

Avoid using liquid lubricant since it can attract dirt a month later and seize up the window.

kazam
18-04-2007, 01:59 PM
man i c a topic on honda related window issues at least once a fortnight here. im sure sum sort of searching will solve your problem...

XB-16-AX
18-04-2007, 04:55 PM
corrections!

lubricate is good on the motor and the window alloy frame assembly ..

Graphite Power is good for the "rubber".

so yes .. do not put lubricate on the rubber as it will make it oily and attract dust.

:thumbsup:

tangyoonee
18-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Buy some Graphite Powder from SuperCheap/AutoOne and puff some powder into the rubber rails while the Window is down.

Avoid using liquid lubricant since it can attract dirt a month later and seize up the window.

Oh really..
I'll try that..
cheers~:thumbsup: