PDA

View Full Version : Dustless Break Pads

vtec-NA.th
18-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi,

I have recently bought White BC QF's for my jazz and am having problems with the break dust from my stock break pads making the insides of my rims look a little dirty.

I was just wondering if there's any good dustless break pads out there? Or some that have very little break dust that would suit a Jazz :)

It's just for daily driving btw.

Cheers,
Nath

Zdster
18-04-2007, 01:53 PM
You need to understand how brakes work to recognise that it is better to wipe of the brake dust than to do much else.

With your brakes, something always must wear. The pad contacts the disc which makes your car slow. If you want less brake dust you need to go to a pad that is stronger than the disc, which results in the disc wearing faster than the pad. It is much easier/cheaper to have your pads wear than your discs.

That being said you should be able to find a pad that is relatively 'stronger' than your stock ones and will produce less dust, but not put ultra excess wear on your discs, but it is always a trade-off.

vtec-NA.th
18-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks for that advice Zdster :)

I've been wiping the dust after every drive with a cloth and I know I will get lazy sooner or later. My wheels look too clean to let them get dusty haha. XD

Nikki
18-04-2007, 09:35 PM
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/brake.htm

all about breaks and everything to do with other stuff like that

creativepunka
20-04-2007, 05:29 PM
You can actually get pads that dont make lots of dust. Bendix make some i think. The cheaper the pads the worse the dust.

Samo
20-04-2007, 09:59 PM
catch the bus would help

vtek
20-04-2007, 11:41 PM
oem is the best pads that last long, not as harsh on the rotors and also less dustier then most aftermarket ones. If your having issues with Oem pads then theres not much you cn do but wipe it off.

mku01
21-04-2007, 12:00 AM
You can try the Endless NA-M's... they're dustless and performance is not bad

panda[cRx]
21-04-2007, 09:15 AM
oem pads are very good for what they are. aftermarket pads for street use (especially on a jazz) will do little than cause more dust and/or more noise

You can actually get pads that dont make lots of dust. Bendix make some i think. The cheaper the pads the worse the dust.

bendix are worse than oem. many people report alot of noise from them too compared to oem

creativepunka
21-04-2007, 11:18 AM
bendix are worse than oem. many people report alot of noise from them too compared to oem[/QUOTE]

Bendix make heaps of differerent types of pads for the same car dude. lol i would put up with the noise, cleaning 10 spokes takes ages let alone everyday.

panda[cRx]
21-04-2007, 11:43 AM
i know bendix have a range of pads, i've heard customers complain about pretty much all of them.... especially the 'better' ones