PDA

View Full Version : more ls problems!!help pls!!

90xsi
18-04-2007, 04:00 PM
hey after fixing the seal something else came up,
its like a never ending story, the ls ..=[
when i close my boot it still says my boot is open..
the light on the dash stays on.. and also in the boot, which sets my alarm crazy
can someone help asap
thanks in advance

Rasputin
18-04-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm guessing the little light in your boot also stays on?
It'll be the switch. Like the two 'l-shaped' switches for your doors, that turn on/off the interior light. Basically you'll want to fiddle with the switch a bit and if it stays stuck, then wd40 the crap out of it. I'll try and get youa pic of the switch.

Rasputin
18-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Ok, I just went and checked on my car.
If you pull the wire from the switch, the boot and dash lights turn off. Therefore your wiring musn't be damaged as otherwise the lights would be constantly off, not constantly on.

The switch is part of the latch mechanism. I.e. the part in the centre of the rear boot panel that the 'hook' from the hatch locks into. Quick and easy method: With the boot open, try spraying some wd40 in there and closing the latch manually (i.e. press down on it with a screwdriver or something to simulate the 'hook' pressing it down, until you hear it click and lock into place), and seeing if the little boot light goes off. If it doesn't fiddle with the latch mechanism again and give it another go. If that doesn't work you'll have to take the rear boot panel off and remove the latch mechanism (3 screws hold it in) to try and fix it, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Try the easy way for now.

Bludger
19-04-2007, 11:38 AM
good poost

180sx
19-04-2007, 05:15 PM
LS is good dude , u will have way more problem if u have a 180

90xsi
19-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks so much Rasputin, im gonna try it later tonight and see what happens,
ill let you know asap, once again thanks,
dw 180sx i use to own a turbo civic and that thing was a bitch aswell
i love the ls so much more though, so much sportier,
only thing about the ls is the old interior and the lowness of the undercarriage,
not very practical when you slam it
Regards

IZY-10
19-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks so much Rasputin, im gonna try it later tonight and see what happens,
ill let you know asap, once again thanks,
dw 180sx i use to own a turbo civic and that thing was a bitch aswell
i love the ls so much more though, so much sportier,
only thing about the ls is the old interior and the lowness of the undercarriage,
not very practical when you slam it
Regards

true that comment on the under carriage

180sx
20-04-2007, 04:54 PM
true true lol , my LS scrap like a mofo all the time :P

90xsi
21-04-2007, 05:35 PM
lol tell me about it
i checked my undercarriage and on the lowest part of the front end there was chunks of the road stuck on it =(
well i wd40 the crap out of it and it worked,
but then sometimes the light goes on then it dissapears
wdf?its doing my face..anymore suggestions to what is wrong?
thanks in advance

Rasputin
21-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Glad it worked.

You mean as you're driving, it flickers?

KLA80T
24-04-2007, 08:57 PM
i had the same problem recently. You have to keep trying with the wd40 and a bit of a straw and a tooth pick. you have to clean the actual latch on both doors as sand and other stuff gets stuck in it. try to do this by manually pusjing the latch as if you were calibrating the interior lights with the lastch as the switch. it will work just need to make sure that its not rusty and clean.
:)

IZY-10
25-04-2007, 07:01 PM
just tint the contacts in solder:thumbsup:

90xsi
07-05-2007, 10:39 PM
thanks alot fellas
fixed the problem
just needed some cleaning
Regards