PDA

View Full Version : Is opds in the civic vti-l 07

chickenisme
19-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the opds is in the passenger seat of the 07 vti-l civic, looking at the Honda website a few vehicles mention they have it in the features section but no vehicles mention they have it in the specifications section?

Some vehicles that mention it in the features section are:
Accord (says all accord models have it)
CRV

Some vehicles that do not mention it but have side airbags are:
Civic (vti-l and vti-sport)
Accord Euro

It is important to find this out because custom made seat covers need to factor this in (to make sure the opds is not inferred with).

Thanks

JaCe
20-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I feel like an idiot but.. whats OPD?

If it helps, in the Honda Civic 06 accessories booklet it says that you can't use (even the official Honda) seat covers in the VTi-L/Sport models which have side airbags.

panda[cRx]
20-04-2007, 07:56 PM
ask your dealer to confirm!

but yes it's correct that anything with side airbags u cant have seat covers or it interferes with airbag deployment (or can use SOME modified covers but the ones i've seen look fugly)

NeoNode
20-04-2007, 08:08 PM
OPD = Occupant Position Detection

chickenisme
21-04-2007, 02:00 PM
opds stands for occupant position detection system, it has a sensor in the passengers side front seat. What it does is only deploys side air bags if it is safe. I have been informed that if a small child is in the seat it may not deploy and if an occupant is in the way of the air bag it will not deploy.

Custom seat covers can take into account the SRS-airbags and the opds but the custom seat cover maker will need to know if opds exists in conjunction with the side airbags.

When side airbags exist, the seat covers made have a large opening on the outer side of the front seats, like panda[cRx] indicated some seat covers like this look ugly and some people just don't like the look of them. To reduce this effect I want to get custom seat covers in much the same colour as the sides of the seat.