PDA

View Full Version : LSD Diff and driveshafts need advice

INTEG
19-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi plz Of Ozhonda
Hi i got a project going on, building a turbo integra vtir dc2 b18c2. I just bought t3/t4 turbo kit but having to problems with getting a lsd diff for my gearbox. Is it better to get an aftermaket lsd for my box or to find a type r gearbox and will my stock drive shafts will be able to handle my application? were would i find one in perth and how much would it cost?

Cause i heard from plz it is hard to find type r box in aus?

thanks if u can help me:thumbsup:

C:\Documents and Settings\Integ\My Documents\My Pictures\Memories\integra and 180sx3

JRC
20-04-2007, 12:29 AM
really depends on the amount of boost you'll be runing.

What sort of figures are you after?

Then we'll be able to speak on the driveshafts...they are good, but not good enough for a high boost app....

And yes the type r is better, 98 spec as it has shorter ratios the lsd.....but again you may need to strengthen the box depending on boost.....

Photonic_Si
20-04-2007, 04:02 PM
What i didnt know driveshafts failed under boost?!

POWER, stock driveshafts will fail under high POWER applications.

Your driveshafts, unless already worn, will be fine for any bolt on turbo kit application where the target power is below 350 hp or so. As long as you dont go dropping your clutch everywhere there is no reason they wont last the duration of the setup.

A type R helical lsd transmission is ideal for any b series but its not really a must. The only reason a type r transmission would be advantageous to you is if you are a gear-smasher, which u probably are - like every honda driver that turbos their engine, because it is equipped with double synchros on all gears above 1st for sports driving. These are pricey and rare, expect to pay AUD2500+ for one. You can, however get the KAAZ 1.5 way drop in LSD assembly that can be installed at any drivetrain mechanic. It provides good Acceleration engagement. Also half locking when cornering.

And your gearbox is good for anything you can throw at it with a bolt on kit. It will not break. Unless you cant drive, in which case get out of your car, and put the chassis on ebay, sell me the engine cheap, and put the turbo on your mantle at home.

PaZzMaN-R
20-04-2007, 06:27 PM
oh i vote for a cusco 1.5 way lsd. the beeeeze kneeeeze!!!!

INTEG
20-04-2007, 06:29 PM
To JRC question yerh i do want to run high boost but not high around the 17-19psi mark.

Photonic, yerh i was finding it hard to get a type r gearbox in perth. so my only option was to go to an aftermarket lsd kit but i dont know were to get one for a good price. KAAZ 1.5 way is that what you recommend for appl and were would i be able to get KAAZ 1.5 way in perth or aus

Photonic_Si
23-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Give neil at hondwreck a yell. He found a cable LSD box for me the othr day. For a Gen1 teg swap im doing so no good to you as its cable clutch, but im sure he said they had type r boxes in stock

www.hondwreck.com

as for where to get kaaz lst, not sure, but i have seen it advertised recently. ask around your local performance shops

panda[cRx]
23-04-2007, 11:13 AM
hondwreck are pretty hopeless for b-series parts, i've tried them many a time -__-

as for aftermarket lsd have u considered a quaife?

also when posting an image u need to host it on a image hosting site such as imageshack or photobucket then post the url to the image in the [img] tags

bennjamin
23-04-2007, 11:45 AM
thought of using a OEM DC2R LSD unit ?
Never seen one fail under any circumstances....even with lots of boost.

It will fit into your gearbox NPS too.
Also , driveshafts fail when you are launching too hard / too much - aftermarket ones are rarely worth the extra $$$ IMO.
Just get a few 2nd hand B series ones (from 92-00 AUDM or 92-98 JDM b series cars)

INTEG
23-04-2007, 11:00 PM
cheers for the help guys:wave:

Photo my gearbox is a hydrolic type anyways