PDA

View Full Version : manual change to auto for ek

temeike
20-04-2007, 06:09 AM
hi, just want to ask if anyone done a auto swap for a ek civic, i have a maual ek civic, and want to change to auto, is it hard? or just very easy? is the engine mount the same? thx for the help.

TODA AU
20-04-2007, 06:58 AM
We've done it the other way a few times.
The major change is the D/S gearbox mount on the chasis rail. (This is what stops the DIY @ home)
You'll also need the consol etc & shifter components.
We have a customer doing the opposite quite soon, pm me if you'd like to buy his auto components, my guess is he'll be selling them.

fatboyz39
20-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Don't know whether its the same for EK's, but for EG's we had to remove the drivers side mount(auto to manual), i.e Drill out spot welds, get a manual mount and weld it back on.

There is alot of labour involve with this process (At least 1k+ at workshops). IMO Not worth it. Engine will be needed to be taken out (makes life easier).

barefootbonzai
20-04-2007, 12:48 PM
not sure y you would want to do such a thing. but you're probably better off just selling or swaping your car for an auto one.

TODA AU
20-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Don't know whether its the same for EK's, but for EG's we had to remove the drivers side mount(auto to manual), i.e Drill out spot welds, get a manual mount and weld it back on.

EK is the same.