PDA

View Full Version : Revlimiter or Fuel Cut?

Weq
29-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Hey guys, just wondering. My '94 Eg SOHC VTEC comes with a fuel cut at about ~7600rpm's. I find this quite anouying and also dangerous (would run lean for a second \w a heep of boost). THe thing is, i always see a heep of honda's (esp. EK's) boucing of limiters all the time. Im just wondering, which civic's have limiters, and which have fuel cuts?

bizee_1
29-06-2004, 03:20 AM
i thought they were the same thing, if not similar. Likewise speed-limiter would be the same too, in the way that they all worked.
mine:
rev limiter is at about 8200rpm. speed limiter comes in at about 7000/7100rpm in 5th gear. car sounds/acts the same way for both.

although i thought fuel cut-off had something more to do with boosted engines. [unless i am thinking of something else, that is similar]

basically....i don't know. :|

geo41e
29-06-2004, 09:48 AM
to my knowledge...they both do the same thing, however i THINK the stock ecu cuts ur engine at 7200...but coz ur running a turbo...u should of changed ur ecu, and l'm assuming u can change ur rev limiter.

or u can take of that rev limiter and rev it to the shit house, but then get a fuel cut defender, which allows u to cut off fuel at any rev..upo to you

BLKCRX
29-06-2004, 10:39 AM
All Honda ECU's cut fuel 100% which is perfect, and very safe for your engine, if there is no fuel there's no explosion, rather than cutting ignition which can still cause spontaneous combustion in the chambers.

The only case where this is not true is if your using a piggyback ECU, such as vafc emanage etc. if your piggyback dad’s 10% extra fuel then your fuel cut will add 10% fuel which is very dangerous.

Regards James

VTEChnique
29-06-2004, 11:29 AM
man you should be changin gears not bouncin off the rev limiter..

Datto Sunny
29-06-2004, 02:33 PM
man you should be changin gears not bouncin off the rev limiter..

I thought they were limiters not fuel cuts.

I know on the Nissan engines they are limiters from the ECU. not cutting fuel. Fuel cuts can be detrimental to your engine.

Weq
29-06-2004, 03:53 PM
All Honda ECU's cut fuel 100% which is perfect, and very safe for your engine, if there is no fuel there's no explosion, rather than cutting ignition which can still cause spontaneous combustion in the chambers.

The only case where this is not true is if your using a piggyback ECU, such as vafc emanage etc. if your piggyback dad’s 10% extra fuel then your fuel cut will add 10% fuel which is very dangerous.

Regards James

Im sure i hear all these b16a's jumping off limiters all the time, and im sure they are stock. Jords, i thought i heard ur d16 jump off the limter the other day??? am i going nuts here??

fuel cut is totally different from a limiter. Limiters cut ignition and ur rev's drop but very soon after u get a spark again and it continues.
A fuel cut stops all fuel supply, which basically means u get no power and u cannot do anything until u let off the gas and let it drop past a certain RPM..

edit:
this has nothing to do withthe turbo, i just wanna take a survey of different honda's!

BLKCRX
29-06-2004, 04:30 PM
I think you missed the point.. the Honda ECU does not cut igintion NEVER
it cuts revs / by cutting the fuel. Period.

Regards James

wynode
29-06-2004, 06:54 PM
7,600? Does emanage up the limiter?

And I believe it cuts the injector pulse....hence soon as you get under the limiter, the injectors start pulsing again.......

Weq
29-06-2004, 07:51 PM
nup.. its always been 7,600~