PDA

View Full Version : Sun Roof Rattle in Lux Euro HELP!

Adagio
20-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Has anyone found the solution to the niggling rattle in the Lux Euro sunroof? My dealer doesn't want to know other than doing the recall fix on the sunroof. When the roof is cracked open or fully open the rattle disappears. Closed the damn thing is there up to 80KMH. I imagine over 80Kmh road noise may intrude or air pressure my affect the situation.:confused:

Peekay34
20-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Take it to another dealer or complain to Honda if it is under warranty.

tony1234
20-04-2007, 07:05 PM
I suggest you get them to do the recall fix on the sunroof and see what happens.It may fix your problem.

panda[cRx]
20-04-2007, 07:38 PM
i've heard of a few euro's getting the sunroof 'carrier' changed to rectify rattles.

EuroAccord13
21-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Take it to another dealer or complain to Honda if it is under warranty.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Adagio
21-04-2007, 08:19 AM
If at all possible I would like to maintain a good relationship with the local dealer so will give them a 4th opportunity to resolve the issue. I have had the sun roof recall fix done and it made not the slightest difference. Thanks for the input.

Lukey13
22-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Is the sunroof recall fix only for models up to a certain date?

Would the brand new 2007 models already have this remedied?

Adagio
23-04-2007, 07:50 AM
Is the sunroof recall fix only for models up to a certain date?

Would the brand new 2007 models already have this remedied?

I would think so, just ask your dealer.

Adagio
24-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Finally the dealer took me seriously and spent some time sorting out the rattle. The service record report says " Loose sunroof clips" I didn't know the sunroof had clips. However, the rattle has gone and now replaced with a new slight noise similar not not the same as before AND only happening now and then. I am probably now being pedantic but would like to see a drawing of the sunroof workings so I can see what's it all about and, maybe, do a little more to eliminate any chance of a new rattle. Does anyone know how to get a look at the workshop drawings for this area?

aaronng
24-05-2007, 10:59 AM
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7984/sunroofzs9.jpg

Adagio
24-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks Aaronng that was very prompt and very useful. I have copied the diagram onto photo paper.

curik
25-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Aaron, would I be able to get one too? Thanks

LXRY
25-05-2007, 02:57 AM
I have had this problem too and it is very irritating took it too my dealership where i originally bought my car New World Honda, Berwick (Hopeless Dealership IMO) where they kept greasing the rubber, which after 3 attempts did not work. Since then taking it too Travis Honda (very good dealership) where they applied a rubber treatment to the rubber....so far so good although we havn't had sun in a while to dry the rubber.

I thought at first it was a rattle, something loose but pin-pointed it too rubber (loose sunroof) ?? They might have adjusted it too, not sure.

Might be crappy rubber also....there is rubber and there is RUBBER....

Adagio
25-05-2007, 08:09 AM
lxy did this rattle exist with the roof open or closed?

tony1234
25-05-2007, 11:35 AM
lxy did this rattle exist with the roof open or closed?
I had it on mine(more a squeak) with it closed and the shade slid back.Put some silicone spray on a cloth and wiped it on the rubber,gone,but need to redo it approx.2 mths.

LXRY
25-05-2007, 11:47 AM
It only happened when it was closed....sounded so much like a rattle to me I kid you not. Sometimes it was on and off and sometimes it was unbearable. while driving and it is rattling or squeaking put your hand on the window part of the sunroof and apply some pressure see if it makes a differrence. Or even smear some grease on the rubber for a quick relief or a band aid solution. Hope this helps....There is definetly a problem with sunroof squeeking whatever you want to call it, DON'T call it a rattle, call it a fault as rattles arn't covered as warranty.

Hope this helps

Adagio
25-05-2007, 04:09 PM
It only happened when it was closed....sounded so much like a rattle to me I kid you not. Sometimes it was on and off and sometimes it was unbearable. while driving and it is rattling or squeaking put your hand on the window part of the sunroof and apply some pressure see if it makes a differrence. Or even smear some grease on the rubber for a quick relief or a band aid solution. Hope this helps....There is definetly a problem with sunroof squeeking whatever you want to call it, DON'T call it a rattle, call it a fault as rattles arn't covered as warranty.

Hope this helps
Thanks, that is exactly the problem I HAD, it seems like it is fixed. It really wasn't a rattle I just could not find a suitable word hmm, fluttering chatter!!! I will also be trying the silcone treatmet too just in case the bugger is thinking of coming back

Onrmnd
26-05-2007, 10:30 AM
I've had this 2. I found that if i opened and closed the roof it goes away. And for some reason it only happed when the car had been sitting around for a while before i drove it. I also went to the dealer and he claimed to put rubber treatment on it. It only does it from time to time. I personally dont think its the rubber, but hey i guess it works.

LXRY
26-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Yes another band aid solution from Honda......Not sure if they adjusting sunroof aswell when they treat the rubber, I'm assuming they are

Adagio
11-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Further to Tony1234's visit I had the sunroof looked at again as the noise came back. As Tony says just smear some silicon grease on the back rubbers with the roof cracked open and this fixes things but not indefinitely. Done by the dealer who agrees :) ---- all is now quiet.

Psy
11-01-2008, 07:08 PM
I've noticed this problem too, but thought it was just a common problem for everyone, so i just left it. It kind of makes it look cheap being in the car when it rattles..

My car is 2004 Luxury, and out of warranty.. how much would Honda charge to fix it or even do a temporary fix??

tony1234
11-01-2008, 07:29 PM
It's an easy fix.all you do is get some silicone grease(or silicone spray),open the sunroof on tilt,wipe on spray or grease with a rag on the areas(back half) of the rubber part of the glass sunroof that comes into contact with the metal part of the roof,you can also wipe some on the metal areas the rubber comes into contact with the metal part of the roof,close the roof and clean up any excess grease/spray.i did mine with the silicone grease and it's been good for approx.8 mths.:thumbsup:

Adagio
12-01-2008, 06:19 AM
This thread just shows us how useful OzHonda can be when intelligent responses are made.

one4spl
13-01-2008, 07:07 PM
This thread just shows us how useful OzHonda can be when intelligent responses are made.

Shhh, people will start expecting the same from all the threads on here if you keep that up!

Just to keep up appearances... has anyone snorted cocaine of a hookers ass whilst hanging out the sunroof? has this improved the creaking situation?

nighthawk06
16-01-2008, 12:26 PM
gummi pflege
This is what I use to stop the annoying squeaks from the brittle rubber seal on the sunroof. I am sure that it has a meaning in German.

LXRY
19-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi guys my car done 55,000klms sunroof rattle still there from day 1 after being told by dealership that they had put some rubber treatment on and this would fix this issue.........well still there and very very irritating. i went to see a sunroof expert and told them what my problem was and laughed at me said no treatment for rubber just grease or oil or just plain lubrication etc...

So he put it too wrong choice in rubber !! (manufacturing)

The operation of the sunroof seems fine however doesn't feel tight fit where squeeking section is, towards the back of the car.

Is this a fault ? Can this be argued warranty ?

Would appreciate some input or help please, as I will be talking to my dealership at 60,000klm service and mentioning this..

tony1234
19-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi guys my car done 55,000klms sunroof rattle still there from day 1 after being told by dealership that they had put some rubber treatment on and this would fix this issue.........well still there and very very irritating. i went to see a sunroof expert and told them what my problem was and laughed at me said no treatment for rubber just grease or oil or just plain lubrication etc...

So he put it too wrong choice in rubber !! (manufacturing)

The operation of the sunroof seems fine however doesn't feel tight fit where squeeking section is, towards the back of the car.

Is this a fault ? Can this be argued warranty ?

Would appreciate some input or help please, as I will be talking to my dealership at 60,000klm service and mentioning this..
You need to use some sort of soft penetrating grease(i use silicon grease which they use to lube swaybar bushes)apply it where rubber meets the rear of the sunroof and wipe it off gently leaving a fair bit there.it the penetrates the rubber.i had the problem,greased it up and 8 mths.later NO squeaking.:thumbsup:

LXRY
19-01-2008, 06:40 PM
these guys are greasing the rubber every service though not going the distance. Starts to squeak at 5000 klm. I'm not satisfied with them greasing every service it's another one of their stuff ups i have to live with.

ENVSSS
31-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Bringing up an old thread here, sorry.

My 2005 Luxury has just over 100 000km on the clock and has just started to make quite a loud creaking/clicking from the roof up the driver (rear drivers side corner of sunroof opening) The noise occurs over any bumps/driveways etc, noise occurs when sunroof is in any position (inc. all the way open). Sounds like the roof creaking from that corner :eek:Anyone else experienced this? Maybe something just needs tightening...

aaronng
31-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Get someone to sit in the back seat and listen if it is coming from the sunroof or the rear parcel shelf.

ENVSSS
31-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Nope, definately coming from sunroof area (occurs right above head while in driver's seat). I have fix the parcel shelf by using dynomat.:)

aaronng
31-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Nope, definately coming from sunroof area (occurs right above head while in driver's seat). I have fix the parcel shelf by using dynomat.:)
Try a heavy grease on the rails first then. I like black/gray lithium grease, because it maintains a thin film even under pressure.

ENVSSS
31-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah I usually do this to prevent the rubber from drying and making noises but this is different.

I've noticed that if I open the sunroof all the way and stand outside the car I can hear the noise when I press down or pull the roof along the side of the roof opening, kind of like a click/creak sound.

ENVSSS
31-01-2009, 07:45 PM
OK updating my own post. After removing the wind sheild and further examination I think it is actually one or some of the clips that are holding the inner roof lining on. Does that make sense?

jasonbb
31-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I had this issues after I got my hail damage fixed, told Honda at the service, standard response lube the rubber, they didn't check to see if it was fixed. I took it back to the smash repairs and they found the problem after the second time. It had something to do with the roof lining.
It was driving me insane.
The rubbers around the doors need to be lubed at each service to stop squeaks, sometimes I have to lube in between services.