PDA

View Full Version : service question...

shortman_alan
20-04-2007, 10:21 PM
im about to hand my car in for a service with honda, and was just wondering what is usually taken care of in the 160K+ service and how much it would roughly cost? he tells me it is a rather large service....
is there anything that i should insist that they change or have a look at? for a 1992/3 prelude 'S'
my car is almost always parked outside, if that makes any difference?

as well as when going over large bumps such as speed bumps i can hear a kind of squeaking from my front driverside wheel and the back ones.. i always crawl over speed humps.

just one more thing... with the radiator fans are both of them ment to run to cool the car when the engine is off or just the one? as i have two and when the engine is off only one runs. As far as i know the other one does nothing unless its supposed to run when im driving?
sorry bout having so many noob questions but any help would be great.
cheers, alan

vtek
20-04-2007, 11:30 PM
spark plugs, oil, filter, fuel filter, air filter, coolant, transoil, valve adjustment, brake fluid. With the fan just monitor it and only be concerned if the temperature rises esp when ac is on.

panda[cRx]
21-04-2007, 10:36 AM
^^ he pretty much got it in one. the 160k service is normally a big one (honda's have a full major service every 40k)

the squeal noise is most likely the brake pad wear indicators, so you'll be hit with new pads as well.

fan sounds fine, but they can confirm that when it's in for service

shortman_alan
21-04-2007, 11:21 AM
thanks alot guys.! great help!
how much would you expect to pay for that basic service in vic without the cost of brakes and other extras.
and do you think i should go ahead and get my air filter replaced when i plan to get a new intake soon.?

btw, the squeak isnt from my brakes its comes when my suspension gets compressed and expands.
:p lol would know if my brakes where squealing.

thanks again!

shortman_alan
29-04-2007, 11:14 AM
*bump* i would like to know any estimate prices for a 160K service through honda. as prices havnt been in my faver lately. i have been quoted 700+ for the base service. i will prob be hit with break pads aswell just the rears.
any help would be good as it goes in on Wednesday.
cheers

shadou
29-04-2007, 12:49 PM
sounds a bit right, remember my aunty got hers done and she racked up a total bill of like $900 for the whole service mind you she had front and rears done with a 10% discount on parts and labour but ouch!