PDA

View Full Version : Altezzas

IAMVTEC
20-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Are they illegal to fit onto your car? I heard police can defect you for having them.

Also would you say the rear lights of the new Civic model is already Altezza style?

Bayani
21-04-2007, 12:00 AM
The have to have red/orange lenses.

aimre
21-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Police can defect you for what ever they please, wether or not ur car passes the blue slip is a diffrent story

arron
21-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Also would you say the rear lights of the new Civic model is already Altezza style?

Cars that come with "altezza-style" taillights, (such as the altezza/IS200, various mitsu's and the new civic) are allowed to have these sorts of taillights as they were compliance with them while being passed under Australian standards.. They have been allowed to stay on the car and weren't required to be altered to pass Australian standards, hence they are NOT A DEFECT

But when it comes to being defected for whatever item and whatever reason, it is totally up to the police officer's discretion to decide whether or not said item is a defect (as stated by aimre). But in saying that, the decision that the police officer makes is often questionable as they do not possess the knowledge to know what is and what isn't a standard/engineered component of the car, so it is very common to see police officers defecting a component which is entirely okay with the EPA/AUVIS/etc...

moral of my essay: Don't be a c*nt to the police officer, and maybe he/she won't bother with issuing a defect... Makes everyone happy :)

Q_ball
21-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Are they illegal to fit onto your car?
Technically, yes as they aren't part of the original vehicle and in 95% of cases they aren't engineered to be on the vehicle.

I heard police can defect you for having them.
You heard right, cops can defect you for them.

Similar yes, but as above, they come stock from factory, hence will never be a defect.

pat88c
21-04-2007, 06:13 PM
with rear "altezza-style" taillights to be adr legal you must have a orange indicator lenses blinkers not red lenses as most of are

pat88c

defect
21-04-2007, 08:22 PM
yea, just change the indicators to orange and you should be fine.
but end of the day, the police can defect you for it if he chooses to..

Bayani
22-04-2007, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=arron;1141941]But in saying that, the decision that the police officer makes is often questionable as they do not possess the knowledge to know what is and what isn't a standard/engineered component of the car, so it is very common to see police officers defecting a component which is entirely okay with the EPA/AUVIS/etc...
[QUOTE]

Highway patrol should know what they're on about, field cops usually don't - unless themselves are tuners

IAMVTEC
23-04-2007, 02:22 AM
The ultimate altezzas. Over the top but still

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/68/31628368_full.jpg

would this style be a defect?

arron
24-04-2007, 12:27 AM

DO YOU NOT F*CKIN READ ANY OF THE REPLIES TO THE IGNORANT QUESTION YOU ASK IN YOUR THREADS? F*CKIN WASTED MY TIME TRYING TO GIVE YOU A F*CKIN INFORMATIVE EXPLANATION!

Rice_4_life
24-04-2007, 01:08 AM
feeling the love in this thread :p

aimre
24-04-2007, 01:20 AM
If its not standard, the police can defect u, ADR approved or not, a defect is given at their discresion. Why do u think even ppl with engineering cert. get defected

kazam
24-04-2007, 01:58 AM
DO YOU NOT F*CKIN READ ANY OF THE REPLIES TO THE IGNORANT QUESTION YOU ASK IN YOUR THREADS? F*CKIN WASTED MY TIME TRYING TO GIVE YOU A F*CKIN INFORMATIVE EXPLANATION!

hahahahahahhaha after all that i dont belive he asked the same question again hahaha sum people dont deserve to be given others time.

dreamshifter
24-04-2007, 08:17 AM
yea, just change the indicators to orange and you should be fine.
but end of the day, the police can defect you for it if he chooses to..

Anyone know how to change the indicators to orange? I can't find yellow indicator globes.

Is there a paint you can use on light globes or is there another way to change the indicators from red to orange?

Q_ball
24-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Can the noob moderator please close this already?
Thank you :)

tron07
24-04-2007, 08:51 AM
just change the bulb to orange bulbs....

Can the noob moderator please close this already?
Thank you
why close??

dreamshifter
24-04-2007, 09:01 AM
just change the bulb to orange bulbs....

why close??

The casing is red so standard orange bulbs will just shine red.

and yeah why close?

and why "noob"?

thanks

Q_ball
24-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Why close?
Because the question has been answered.

kazam
24-04-2007, 01:33 PM
the question was answered like 6 or 7 times but thread maker still asked the same question

dreamshifter
24-04-2007, 10:07 PM
what about my question?:(

anyone got any ideas rather than me having to start a new thread or resurrect old one.

jeffske
24-04-2007, 10:24 PM

this whole car should be defected, because its FUGLY

dupac->
24-04-2007, 11:09 PM
altezza rear lights are shithouse.

aimre
24-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Those lights look like an abortion