PDA

View Full Version : sway bar and tie bar difference?

gbang007
21-04-2007, 12:05 PM
whats the difference between sway bar and tie bar? i know a sway bar is for the rear.....does that mean tie bar is for the front? i also know that whiteline is the best for sway, is whiteline the best for tiebars aswell? someone is selling a tiebar fairly cheap and i am considering buying it. thats all.

bennjamin
21-04-2007, 12:08 PM
swaybar is for front and rear.
These are basically a spring link between both lower control arms ( front n rear) these restrict the cars "roll" movement while cornering

Tiebars are for front and rear too. These "tie" in the lower control arm points , and usually mount up to them directly.They are generally to reinforce with swaybars

Whiteline is GOOD for swaybars. Not the best. The swaybar " kit " should come with a tiebar as extra reinforcement

roar
26-04-2007, 03:32 PM
the tiebar reinforces the subframe which can be under lots of shear and twisting force with the installation of a thicker swaybar...the tiebar will definitely aid against shear stress (perpendicular to the surface of the subframe) but won't aid greatly to torsional force (twisting)