PDA

View Full Version : reset computer system

Shimian
21-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know if i disconnect the battery for the civic sport 06, will it reset the computer system? Or will everything be ok (normal) when i reconnect the battery?

thanks

shadou
22-04-2007, 12:36 AM
why do you want to reset it for anyways? Best to locate the fuse for the ECU instead cos taking the lead off will reset everything and you'll need enter the anti theft radio code ect.

Alternatively you can bring to a Honda dealer and get them to reset it for you, takes less than 15 mintues (10minute idle learn)

Shimian
22-04-2007, 01:10 AM
I dont want to reset anything. Just making sure nothing will reset other than the clock/radio when i remove a terminal from the battery. As you can see, i dont know what happens when u remove a terminal (+ or -). Just want to make sure everything will be back to normal when i plug the terminals back to the battery.

cheers

D4rk4n63l
22-04-2007, 06:50 AM
disconnecting the battery will pretty much reset everything that runs on it.. that includes ECU, clock, CD player, etc.. the only thing remains is I think the SRS system which has some sort of redundant system.. someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've heard that if you connect a 9V battery to the cig lighter it will retain most if not all the settings memory on all electrical devices.. just don't try to start the car with it tho :p

Shimian
22-04-2007, 10:03 AM
I dont really care about the clock/radio, but as you mentioned it resets the ECU, once i plug it back, will it go back to my factory presets? I havent done any ECU mods or electronic mods to my car, its just stock. I just want to disconnect the battery to do some electronic work so i dont get zapped while im installing it

D4rk4n63l
22-04-2007, 10:57 AM
it will revert to factory settings... you'll have to let it idle for about 10 min or until the fan kicks in for the ECU to re-learn the fuel mapping

ECU-MAN
23-04-2007, 12:24 AM
disconnecting the battery will pretty much reset everything that runs on it.. that includes ECU, clock, CD player, etc.. the only thing remains is I think the SRS system which has some sort of redundant system.. someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've heard that if you connect a 9V battery to the cig lighter it will retain most if not all the settings memory on all electrical devices.. just don't try to start the car with it tho :p

ABS and SRS have non volitile memory, which means faults are still remembered after battery has been removed,

as above you have to leave the engine running with no electrical load for 10 or so min for the ecu to relearn.