PDA

View Full Version : Black railing thing!

Dy_
22-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I've noticed on many of the older model civics there is that black railing guard sorta thing that runs along side the doors. Personally i find this very ugly! and have noticed some people have repainted them to match the colour of the car.

I want to do this also. Problem is i cant take the black railing thing off so i can work with it alone rather that on the car making it alot harder. Does anyone know how its done? if so please help! and thanks a bunch.

Fr3aKi3
22-04-2007, 01:37 PM
You need to take the door trim off before you can take the door guards off, they're attached on by clips and I think a couple screw or bolts but there's no chance of getting it unless you take the door trim off.

D4rk4n63l
22-04-2007, 02:07 PM
also, depending on the car.. some of these clips are non reusable which will most likely break if you try to take them off, so will need a few clips from honda ($2-3 each)

Dy_
22-04-2007, 02:45 PM
oh so i was right. reckon one of yous could show me how to take it off? i unscrewed 3 screws and couldnt find any other ones but couldnt get the door trim off. maybe im just scared to pull it off lol.
so after the few screws do i just pull the thing off?

thanks heaps guys

Zdster
22-04-2007, 05:06 PM
oh so i was right. reckon one of yous could show me how to take it off? i unscrewed 3 screws and couldnt find any other ones but couldnt get the door trim off. maybe im just scared to pull it off lol.
so after the few screws do i just pull the thing off?

thanks heaps guys

Here you go. The link is how to install tweaters, but will show you what to do:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/instal/aii/pages/civic/1999/19816_01.html

Dy_
22-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Here you go. The link is how to install tweaters, but will show you what to do:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/instal/aii/pages/civic/1999/19816_01.html

with that link are you showing me the about the lock rod? so if i take that part out i'll be able to remove the door panel ?

AsH_
22-04-2007, 08:24 PM
i seen pic of ppl who have taken that black thing off... if it leaves holes what do they use to patch em up???

bennjamin
22-04-2007, 09:05 PM
they usually weld in the holes - then prime and paint back.

Zdster
22-04-2007, 09:18 PM
with that link are you showing me the about the lock rod? so if i take that part out i'll be able to remove the door panel ?

Actually I dont know if the AU models have the lock rod setup like that, but if you follow the rest of the steps, yes that is how you remove the door panel.

Dy_
22-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Actually I dont know if the AU models have the lock rod setup like that, but if you follow the rest of the steps, yes that is how you remove the door panel.

Thanks dude

adu
22-04-2007, 10:15 PM
ey ..

yeh i painted mine myself ..

u wanan see some foto's??

hahha my car was red .. so i had to match it ..

it was pain in ass .. but happy with the results ..

u can see that its abit dodge from close up .. but from afar its fine ..

i also painted my side skirts .. perfectly fine ...

Dy_
22-04-2007, 10:16 PM
ey ..

yeh i painted mine myself ..

u wanan see some foto's??

hahha my car was red .. so i had to match it ..

it was pain in ass .. but happy with the results ..

u can see that its abit dodge from close up .. but from afar its fine ..

i also painted my side skirts .. perfectly fine ...

yeah! i wouldnt mind you showing me some photos lol.
how'd you do it?

adu
22-04-2007, 10:33 PM
ey dy ..

uploadin a pic is a bitch !! ..

pm (send me a msg) and il add ya on msn .. send u thru there..