PDA

View Full Version : cant change email address in uerCP

marabaan
22-04-2007, 12:51 PM
is there a reason why i cant change my email address in userCP
to a hotmail account or even a gmail account.

and why it comes up as banned
even thoe the gmail account is a new account

Q_ball
22-04-2007, 12:59 PM
You cannot use a free email account on Ozhonda.
All free accounts have been banned to prevent further ppl signing up and potentially hacking/spamming the site.

marabaan
22-04-2007, 03:21 PM
well thats gay

Q_ball
22-04-2007, 03:23 PM
well thats gay

Not really...its to ensure the security of members accounts on this forum, as well as the site in general.

dc2dc2dc2
22-04-2007, 03:43 PM
m'eh...why does it matter what email u want to use ? im sure it really can't be that important nor is a major factor.

wynode
22-04-2007, 08:09 PM
It's also a way of tracking users if required and keeping bots/spammers off the site and making sure people who signup are genuienly interested. There are many sites that do this so its not a new thing.

Rasputin
22-04-2007, 08:15 PM
But is there any way of getting emails/notifications sent to free accounts?
i.e. I'm signed up under the family's ISP account, but for some reason they don't enjoy 20 new ozhonda notifications a day, and I can't access the ISP inbox when I'm away from home.

kazam
25-04-2007, 02:32 PM
i dont get it, so how do new people sign up if you have blocked free email accounts?

panda[cRx]
25-04-2007, 02:39 PM
duhhhh! with work/isp/other accounts

chunky
25-04-2007, 05:57 PM
my email inbox is spammed with just under 11000 email from ozhonda
fkfkfkf
takes too long to del em all
all replies from threads

bennjamin
25-04-2007, 07:50 PM
my email inbox is spammed with just under 11000 email from ozhonda
fkfkfkf
takes too long to del em all
all replies from threads

then DONT subscribe to threads. Easy.
follow the link below -
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to this bit -

Default Thread Subscription Mode When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/subscription.php), with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread. Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode:

...and select your choice from the drop down menu. Either DO NOT SUBSCRIBE or NO EMAIL NOTIFICATION

kazam
25-04-2007, 07:57 PM
i think that there should be something to tell you that you ned a paid account, coz when you try to register it just says your emails been banned. and unless you decide to use your isp email straight away your never gunna be able to guess it, considering most people dont use their isp emails for subscribing to forums etc.

Leprechaun
26-04-2007, 03:19 PM
an idea - if someone has been a member for 'x' amount time should be allowed to change their emails as they wish?

wynode
28-04-2007, 01:12 AM
an idea - if someone has been a member for 'x' amount time should be allowed to change their emails as they wish?

Good idea.....but unfortunately the system won't allow that to be implemented!

i think that there should be something to tell you that you ned a paid account, coz when you try to register it just says your emails been banned. and unless you decide to use your isp email straight away your never gunna be able to guess it, considering most people dont use their isp emails for subscribing to forums etc.

Another good idea and one that can be implemented. I'll have a look into it!

kazam
29-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Another good idea and one that can be implemented. I'll have a look into it!

yay :thumbsup:

Rasputin
01-05-2007, 10:16 PM
yay! Rasputin wins!