PDA

View Full Version : y0 ppl, need some sound system helppp !!!

SHIFTY
22-04-2007, 04:00 PM
okaly dokaly....

well as i know ozhonda and many forums dont like the 'i got $.... to spend what should i get' so ill skip that and just ask if there are any ppl on ozhonda that are willing 2 give me some help... if ur so kind 2 give me some advice (as i dont know anything bout sound systems) pls add me 2 msn: Dave_rodan@hotmail.com

As im trying to put 2gether a sound system and dont know what to get and where to get it and how to install.... :S

thanx in advance :)

Vinnie
22-04-2007, 05:14 PM
lol a vague budget still might have been nice :p it also depends on if ur after spl or sq and what type of music u usually listen to. for a general idea on some quality components u can check out this (http://www.fhrxstudios.com/) link (go to faq's then jus scroll down to the best system for xxxx dollars guide).

other than that u might wanna head around to sum good audio places (like the one that that link is from) to get sum more info.

need more info to get any more specific than that tho :)

SHIFTY
22-04-2007, 05:30 PM
i am looking at spending around $1.5k (including fitting)
System will be put in a DC2R...

The music ill be listening 2 will be mainly Ministry of Sound kinda stuff and Trance and all dat kinda crap.... :)

sorry for the lack of information in first post :p

Fhrx
22-04-2007, 06:44 PM
A budget of $1500 is a little low for a whole system install including such things as labour, sound deadening, cables etc (unless you want to use really cheap components) so what I would instead suggest is that you do the system in stages. You won't use all your $1500 budget in stage 1 so what you don't use you can leave in the bank and put it towards stage 2. The stages we usually install here and strongly recommend are:

Stage 1: Deck, splits, sound deadening and diffuser.
Stage 2: Amplifier and cable.
Stage 3: Subwoofer and enclosure.

I know you won't get your whole system right away and I too hated saving for better components all those years ago but trust me when I say it's worth it after a few extra months. :)

SHIFTY
22-04-2007, 06:49 PM
car already has a pioneer deck and some amp (dont know what it is but its massive)... so ill just be getting subs and speakers and if the amp is crap ill replace that....

TRU32U
23-04-2007, 02:16 AM
hey mate u can add me to your msn and il hook you up.
pm me for my msn addie....

SHIFTY
23-04-2007, 07:32 PM
PM sent :)

TRU32U
23-04-2007, 11:49 PM
pm replied

DSNTGR8
24-04-2007, 10:12 AM
my wiring/cables alone cost me nearly your budget :(

Fhrx gave you the best advice, 1 stage at a time. Its definetly worth the wait, even though its going to be a pain

theseven
01-05-2007, 02:07 PM
1500 can get decent everything though u got to install them urself... but it all depend on each of their own...

just spent around 1.5k on my whole system... it's really nice right now though still thinking of improving each time...

notorious_shugg
03-05-2007, 02:59 PM
i just spent nearly 3 times your budget on "stage one" :o
not trying to brag or anything haha.
anywho, i would suggest going to a local audio store (if possible) and testing out some of the gear to see wat you like.

ToFuBoi
03-05-2007, 03:21 PM
1.5k could get you a bangin stereo.. look around for decent 2nd hand stuff off forums and some brand new stuff.. also try ebay.. but if it was me to do the stereo:

these days you could do
deck - 250/300 (brand new)
2sets of splits - 400 (show car civic has 2 x type r splits goin at 200 each)
spkr amp - 200 (2nd hand wouldnt bother brand new)
sub and sub amp ~ anywhere from 300-500+ 2nd hand depends how much bass u want

leave about 100-150bucks for decent cables and possibly a nice phat battery

go out and buy the cables first.. hook it up with a new deck and then go around testing amps/subs etc in your own car instead of buying stuff before u get to hear it

$0.02

Muzz
03-05-2007, 03:27 PM
PM sent

Muzz
03-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Screw it, ill post it here so you can get views from everyone on this option in front of you.

Hey man, i see your after a sound system!
I got an AWSOME second hand package thats in basically new condition and would give you an awsome complete system for a great price. Check it out, its all in supurb condition and less than 8 months old. Im in so much pain sellin my baby, but i need the money:(

All youd need to complete the system is
1. headunit
2. other small speakers

Both of which you have. Instalation wouldnt cost any more than $100. You definatly wont be able to find a better performing system for that price (very smooth rich bass, so loud it feels like somones sticking a drill bit in your ears, true ear dammage stuff lol).

So thats $1150 of your budget all up, leaving you $350 to get some good quality splits or coaxials.

To get the very best performance from the system, you can later upgrade with a Small amp to power the smaller speakers, you will also need rcas and power cables. EDIT: sorry i forgot youve already got an amp, you could use it to power the splits/coaxials. Meaning you COULD have a great system for $1500!

You can also add sound deadening if you deem it necissary.

Heres the setup.

Included is:
One Precision response 800WRMS Class D monoblock amplifier – AA-0428.
These amps won the Car Audio Australia amplifier of the year for 2005!
At last, a truly affordable Class-D amplifier that makes absolutely massive power while being able to drive difficult 1ohm loads. The new AA-0428 thunders out over 800WRMS from a compact chassis with an ultra efficient power supply meaning more watts for less strain on your car’s charging system. Tuning your subwoofer’s output has never been easier, with full variable low pass filter, variable subsonic filter, and variable centre frequency bass EQ offering up to 18dB of boost. The input stage will accept a massive 6-volts RMS and the supplied remote level controller lets you vary subwoofer level from the front of the car. This is an ideal amplifier to drive multiple subwoofers wired at 4ohms, 2ohms or even 1ohm, and is a great choice for either sound quality or SPL applications.

Specifications:
Power / channel @ 4ohm 14.4V: 400WRMS x 1
Power / channel @ 2ohm 14.4V: 700WRMS x 1
Power / channel @ 1ohm 14.4V: 820WRMS x 1
Signal/Noise ratio: >90dB
Input sensitivity: 200mV - 6V
Low pass filter: 35 - 300Hz @ 12dB/octave
Bass boost: 0 - 18dB @ 30 - 120Hz
Subsonic filter: 10 - 60Hz
Remote level controller: Yes
Dimensions: 324(L) x 258(W) x 50mm(D)
(Note, the subs provide the amp with a 1ohm load)

Two Alpine 12” Type R Subwoofers, dual 4 ohm voice coils - SWR-1242D
These Subwoofers were highly commended at the sound image awards of 2005.
I chose these subs for there exceptional sound quality, and I got two of them to give out some very strong SPL, the best of both worlds, rich smooth deep bass, way up to high SPL levels!

The Type-R subwoofers just keep getting better and better. Thanks to high grade materials and optimised design, they reproduce all the low frequencies with extraordinary power and clarity.

Specifications
• Power Handling (Peak): 1500W
• Power Handling (RMS): 500WRMS
• Frequency Response: 24Hz - 500Hz
• Nominal Impedance: 4Ohm+4Ohm
• Sensitivity (SPL@1W/1m): 85dB
• Installation Diameter: 275mm
• Depth: 195mm
• Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone
• Custom Cast Aluminium Frame with Integrated Perimeter Venting and Heat Transfer Plate
• Dual Voice Coil Design
• HAMR Surround and Concealed Mount Gasket
• Insert Push Terminals with One-sided Layout
• Designed and Engineered in the USA

One Precision response Capacitor – one farad, LED voltage display, gold plated connectors.

Five Meters of 2 gauge power cable.

One stinger car audio shielded RCA cable.

Two gold plated, 2 gauge power cable end connectors (connects power cable to battery, and earth cable to earthing point)

One Duel fuse, fuse block.

One sub box, made specifically for the subs. – correct volume, each sub has its own sealed cabnet, extremely compact, very stiff and strong, carpeted in black!

Cost to buy new

1x Precision Response amp $400
2x Alpine Type R subs 2 x $399
1x Jaycar capacitor $99
5m of 2gauge wire $65 ($13p/m)
Set of stinger rca cables $23
Sub box $60 of materials
Duel Fuse holder & 4 new fuses $26
Gold plated power cable connecters $35

Total cost Over $1500 (you add it up, i cant be bothered)

Price and price conditions: All sold for $950 pickup, $1050 insured for damage and shipped to you anywhere in Australia, on a pallet. Can find out about COD for buyers security.
My parents are wholesalers so we know how to pack large items well to portect them from all damage.

I know this probably doesn’t mean much to you coming from the seller, but honestly, if I had $1000 to spend on setting up a sound system, and I knew how awesome this setup sounded and how well it had been treated, id definatly look into this system! For the same amount of money, I don’t think you could piece together a complete sub/amp package, that sounds as good and is as loud, complete with all the cables/connectors for $1000.

IF YOUR IN THE SE QLD AREA, I WOULD LOVE TO HOOK IT UP FOR YOU TO HEAR IN PERSON BEFORE YOU BUY, INFACT I INSIST, I WILL WANT TO HEAR IT AGAIN FOR THE LAST TIME, NO OBLIGATION TO BUY! YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED, I ASSURE YOU!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/muzz1987/IMG_6425.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/muzz1987/IMG_6438.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/muzz1987/IMG_6451.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/muzz1987/IMG_6456.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/muzz1987/typer.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/muzz1987/IMG_6470.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/muzz1987/IMG_6460.jpg
…………………………………………………………………………………….................. .................................................. ...................

Mods please dont delete this, im posting it here to show the OP can have an absolutly awsome system, for his budget, contrary to what everyone else is telling him.

I decided to post it in the thread, instead of PM so other people can give there honest opinions and thoughts about the deal (not just my thoughts and opinions, which would be biased), to help the OP make the best informed choice.
Feel free to discuss everyone....