PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions on the 2007 Euro Ltd

chrissara
22-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Hi there - am buying a Euro Ltd for the missus. Decided on this as Honda presently have a deal where you receive 5 years warranty, free CTP etc etc.

It was a toss up between this and a Subaru 2.0R with Sat Nav at $35000, but I am getting the manual Euro at $37000 drive away with a bonnet protector.

Anyway...
(1) Does the CD player in the Euro have MP3 playback at all, like my Civic Sport?
(2) Is the 6 speed manual good - most of the reviews I have read all seem to be the auto version?
(3) Does the ESP on the Euro kick in at any stage even if it is turned off? i.e. if the car senses you really are skidding etc.

Thanks for your replies

yfin
22-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi there - am buying a Euro Ltd for the missus. Decided on this as Honda presently have a deal where you receive 5 years warranty, free CTP etc etc.

It was a toss up between this and a Subaru 2.0R with Sat Nav at $35000, but I am getting the manual Euro at $37000 drive away with a bonnet protector.

Anyway...
(1) Does the CD player in the Euro have MP3 playback at all, like my Civic Sport?
(2) Is the 6 speed manual good - most of the reviews I have read all seem to be the auto version?
(3) Does the ESP on the Euro kick in at any stage even if it is turned off? i.e. if the car senses you really are skidding etc.

Thanks for your replies

1. No Mp3 player is optional extra but you can buy a relatively cheap device that allows you to connect an Ipod etc to the headunit

2. It is a fantastic gearbox - one of the best in the business. The auto dulls performance so the 6mt is the better option. It is a 4 cyl so keep that in mind - auto and 4cyl doesn't go so well together.

3. It will not kick in if it is off even if you are way out of control

chrissara
22-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks yfin.

I see there are some threads here on connecting an Ipod - do Honda have an accessory or do I have to get an aftermarket?

Any recommendations as to brand? Own a 5th gen Ipod and 2nd gen Nano

yfin
22-04-2007, 08:24 PM
I went for the Soundgate SNHOND3. Cost a tad over $100AUD. I am sure Honda could do this too but it will be more than $100.

curik
22-04-2007, 08:51 PM
I'll be selling my Blitzsafe adapter soon, check this: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64122&page=2

should-i?
22-04-2007, 08:57 PM
I hope you do get the euro! it will make me feel better about my decision about getting one this week, an auto graphite pearl. I noticed your posts in ozliberty .I couldn't make up my mind either but I think the honda is a more refined car than the liberty. Having said that the 2.5i Liberty had some awesome extras for no additional cost

E-Gene
22-04-2007, 09:20 PM
If you are going to get the Liberty, please at the least get the 2.5i, the 2.0 is really really gutless. If you've test driven it, you'll agree. It's really bad. The 2.5i barely cuts it in my opinion cos it's AWD and I don't think that the 2.5 engine is barely enough to drive all 4 wheels.

Anyway, I've got the Euro Ltd Ed and I've been really happy with my buy. I agree with the Aux device that you can get to connect your iPod.

sendok
22-04-2007, 09:38 PM
yeah mp3 player is optional.. i'm guessing mp3 is already built in before.. but am wrong.. anywy.. not using mp3 much.. euro's gearbox is pretty good imo.. and just go buy an euro mate :D

curik
23-04-2007, 01:05 AM
how about aurion? it's a good car and very well priced too!

BiLL|z0r
23-04-2007, 06:38 AM
Different market though. If you're looking at V6 then that's a whole new can of worms.

E-Gene
23-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I actually decided on the Euro in the end cos it's very "Jap", in the sense that it's still really "modable". Unlike the Liberty or the Aurion where parts are fairly scarce and there isn't much out there for them.

Jap car FTW!