PDA

View Full Version : Overheating

b4dnuf
23-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Ok background story.
couple of weeks ago I went on the QLD cruise. once we got to our destination I noticed my car leaking coolant. popped the bonnet n sure enough it was leaking from one of the hoses of the IACV valve n the radiator hose had expanded. let it cool down topped it up again n off i went. got gome tightened the clamp from the hose of the IACV and it was all sweet. been driving for two weeks without any hastles.. :)
Finished work today drove to uni n as i am looking for a carpark noticed the temp starting to rise. found a carpark and sure enought the radiator hose has expanded again. ( no leaks this time).
My question is if i do a ratiator flush will it fix it as it or do i need to do something more as there is pressure in there somewhere causing the hose to expand.. ?
Thanks in advance ppl...

TRUMAN
24-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Ok background story.
couple of weeks ago I went on the QLD cruise. once we got to our destination I noticed my car leaking coolant. popped the bonnet n sure enough it was leaking from one of the hoses of the IACV valve n the radiator hose had expanded. let it cool down topped it up again n off i went. got gome tightened the clamp from the hose of the IACV and it was all sweet. been driving for two weeks without any hastles.. :)
Finished work today drove to uni n as i am looking for a carpark noticed the temp starting to rise. found a carpark and sure enought the radiator hose has expanded again. ( no leaks this time).
My question is if i do a ratiator flush will it fix it as it or do i need to do something more as there is pressure in there somewhere causing the hose to expand.. ?
Thanks in advance ppl...

Mate, have u checked ur thermostat yet??? that could be the problem.. it happened to me once

muhhan
24-04-2007, 09:40 PM
What do your radiator hoses feel like? What condition are they in? Do they feel spongy are they cracked? These are signs that the hoses should be replaced. Does everything else look good and proper?

Also, follow TRUMAN's suggestion on checking the thermostat.

b4dnuf
25-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Radiator hose looks fine.. Did A Flush today see how it goes, Apart from that everything else looks fine.. will check the Thermostat just need to find the DIY for it..

Drew
25-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Just remove the bolts that are holding the housing to the block
Take out the thermostat and drop it into boiling water...

If it opens then good, if not or not fully then bad

dsp26
25-04-2007, 05:24 PM
^^^ i would have said thermostat also but i remember a mod here correcting me ages ago that Honda thermos fail open which should make it a non issue right?

i know mines failed coz it gets to temp but having the heater set to middle temp and fan on 1 gets the temp gauge back down to a quarter...

Drew
25-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Could be either or; if its seized because of rust or the like