PDA

View Full Version : EK4 B pipe + Buddy Club short shifter

aStRooo
24-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey guys! anyone installed a Buddy Club short shifter in their EK4? do you have any clearance problems between the shifter and the stock resonator on the B pipe? I installed mine today, and due to the longer length of the shifter after the ball joint, the base now sits on the resonator. result is, now exhaust rattle is transfered through the shifter... not the best feeling!
any advice e'mechanics?

peace!

VTi_b0i
24-04-2007, 03:01 PM
i installed the B series Buddy Club Racing Spec shifter last year some time, i have no problems with clearance, however recently the bolt came loose and i had all sorts of problems th fix it...

VicTiR
23-03-2011, 11:36 AM
I have the same short shifter and the stock b-pipe and there is a slight rattle through the shifter too. I also had the engine side bolt and washer come loose and some trouble getting into first at the time. I jacked the car up to have a look but clearance was fine - I think it might be the exhaust hangers and the engine vibration causing the exhaust to get close to the shifter mechanism. Maybe need to disconnect the b-pipe and tap a dent in the shroud??