PDA

View Full Version : Boot won't open!?!?!

Anthony38
24-04-2007, 06:17 PM
My euro boot wont open. Whenever I use the button at the back of the car it won't release.

The only way I can open it is use the car key.

Anyone here experience this problem. If so how did you fix it

thanks

Merlin086
24-04-2007, 06:27 PM
I think it is the switch near the boot light that disengages the catch. Flick it sideways from memory.

panda[cRx]
24-04-2007, 06:40 PM
inside the boot on the top in the centre there is a switch, try changing that. you have probably bumped it by accident.

mastcell
25-04-2007, 12:25 AM
;1145122']inside the boot on the top in the centre there is a switch, try changing that. you have probably bumped it by accident.

This switch is can be used together with the key lock on your remote boot release (down by the driver's seat, right side) to secure the boot.

The switch is featured in your car manual. There is a wealth of information in there, do read it sometimes.

kam
25-04-2007, 12:06 PM
child safety lock

sendok
26-04-2007, 09:48 AM
try to see the lock inside the boot and also the lock inside the car (near the open boot and open gas tank lever).. maybe you find something.. :D

Dru42
12-07-2007, 03:49 PM
my boot wont open at all, just happened today i took my friends to airport n took their stuff out n yeah now it wont open with the key or the latch inside n the lever on the boot.

Help!! my cold air pipe is stuck in my boot!!!! and how do i fold the seats down? if the fold

Merlin086
12-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Have you tried all the above?

...and the seats open from inside the boot!

Tried locking then unlocking car again?

r-r-redEuro
12-07-2007, 05:17 PM
you gotta open your boot i think lol sorry im not helping am i. read the manual i think it should cover eveything you need.

Dru42
13-07-2007, 01:24 AM
read the manual nothing

tried locking unlocking, even the key lock where the latch inside is... NOTHING!!! ive had the car since sunday too :(

Help any1??? any other ideas? coz it makes a click sound wen i try to open but its like the hook wont unhook or something to open the boot lid if that helps

EuroAccord13
13-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Try using the remote to unlock the boot first.. Then flick the switch next to the boot light...

If the latch next to the seat cannot open, try using the key to unlock it...

Bayani
13-07-2007, 02:06 AM
Different guy to the OP; different problem.

aaronng
13-07-2007, 07:48 AM
my boot wont open at all, just happened today i took my friends to airport n took their stuff out n yeah now it wont open with the key or the latch inside n the lever on the boot.

Help!! my cold air pipe is stuck in my boot!!!! and how do i fold the seats down? if the fold

In your case, it looks like a problem with the release mechanism. Happened to a few guys in the US with their TSX. Go back to the dealer.

You can only fold the seats down from inside the boot. You can't fold it down from inside the passenger cabin.

Merlin086
13-07-2007, 08:35 AM
If you can hear it click try pushing down ( to take the pressure off the mechanism) on the boot while pushing the boot release on your remote.
Worth a try.......

Dru42
13-07-2007, 12:02 PM
If you can hear it click try pushing down ( to take the pressure off the mechanism) on the boot while pushing the boot release on your remote.
Worth a try.......

ive tried this as well and no go.

yeah it does sound like the mechanism. how much would they charge me cos the car has finished warrenty??

terryansimon
02-07-2008, 12:35 AM
apologies for digging up an old thread....

but I've got issues with my boot release as well. initially it was the "switch" that was located next to the boot light that was probably nudged.

but before I realised about that switch, I went to insert the key next to the boot release latch in the cabin. I heard it click like you might have engaged the lock. next thing I know, I can't lift the latch inside the cabin as well. this occurred before I discovered the switch next to the boot light, and when I nudged the switch from Off to On as well. both occasions, I could not turn the key to unlock the latch, and on both occasions the latch did not have any slack to open it.

any suggestions? car manual is not with me so I can't refer to it for now.

aaronng
02-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Close the boot and turn the key to unlock. If the boot is already closed, then open it and turn the key to unlock.

terryansimon
02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Close the boot and turn the key to unlock. If the boot is already closed, then open it and turn the key to unlock.

what I did was...

a) with the boot closed, I inserted the key into the keyhole next to the latch in the cabin. key could turn but the latch remained "locked" with no slack. no "clicking" sound to symbolise it being unlock/lock was heard.

b) with the boot opened, same thing.

c) with the boot closed BUT switch inside boot turned to OFF, same thing

d) with the boot closed BUT switch inside boot turned to ON, same thing

aaronng
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
The switch in the boot won't affect the locking mechanism that the key is trying to turn. Have you tried jiggling the lever up and down a bit (without using excessive force) and then trying to unlock it again? I think you have to keep the boot closed in order to turn the key.

terryansimon
02-07-2008, 06:10 PM
The switch in the boot won't affect the locking mechanism that the key is trying to turn. Have you tried jiggling the lever up and down a bit (without using excessive force) and then trying to unlock it again? I think you have to keep the boot closed in order to turn the key.

yup. in the four scenarios I listed in the previous post, I did use a fair bit of force (to the point of it almost snapping) to jiggle the latch. I also used a fair bit of force to turn the key on each occasion. =\

aaronng
02-07-2008, 07:15 PM
yup. in the four scenarios I listed in the previous post, I did use a fair bit of force (to the point of it almost snapping) to jiggle the latch. I also used a fair bit of force to turn the key on each occasion. =\

If it still doesn't work, it could be that the latch mechanism has dislodged itself... Time to go to the dealer....

terryansimon
02-07-2008, 08:05 PM
ah bugger. is it going to be a lengthy repair? not that I don't have the time to spare... but sitting at the dealer waiting for service isn't my strongest suit.

aaronng
02-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Unless you have a very good relationship with the service department, you won't usually get your car fixed within "wait-able" time.

terryansimon
02-07-2008, 08:22 PM
ah shucks. oh well. guess I'll have to call to make an appointment then.

thanks! (=