PDA

View Full Version : boot leakage prob in '95 GSi teg

sharky
29-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Im having trouble finding a leak in my boot. I did a search at home and isolated to area to either the right rear light or the right rear quater panel. I took it to honda and its got them stumped. I know its there cos my boot carpet started to smell the other day when getting out my spare there was a pool of water! anyone had similar problem...suggestions?....remedies?

Integra_guy
29-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Had the same isssues, but all fixed now. A few things to look for are:

1. If you have a sunroof there is the drain tube coming down the drivers side rear panel and the tube sits into a 90deg elbow at the bottom. If the elbow rubber is clogged with stuff the tube doesn't fit into the elbow well and will come out the top of the elbow and flood the boot.

2. Your tail lights gasket needs replacing. check for dried water run lines down the back on the inside behind the plastic.

Check these out first and see if they fix it. Let us know how you get on.

EG_2_TEG
30-06-2004, 08:49 PM
1. If you have a sunroof there is the drain tube coming down the drivers side rear panel and the tube sits into a 90deg elbow at the bottom. If the elbow rubber is clogged with stuff the tube doesn't fit into the elbow well and will come out the top of the elbow and flood the boot.

i tried fixing my leak today
which is the drivers side rear panel you're talking about?
i took off the whole back panel (the one which covers the tail lights), then tried removing the right plastic side panel (mine leaks on the right side).
couldn't get the side panel off :(

panel i tried to take off is no. 7 below:
www.teamintegrated.org/random/panel.doc

cheers

Integra_guy
30-06-2004, 09:14 PM
I think the panel you describe is corrcet, the panel runs the entire length from the back corner to the door. The more screws yo remove the more you are able to pull away from the side of the car. I had to reach in after undoing a few of the screws and clips to feel for the drain tube. Its easy to find in their and if u can easily pull it out of the elbow I would suggest that is deffinently your problem.

Hope this helps

sharky
30-06-2004, 09:21 PM
it pissed down all day today so looks like ill be bailing out my boot b4 i go anywhere tomorrow...ive got it booked in for thurs week, ill tell them to have a look at the 90deg elbow. There is corosion on the light fittings so its likely the gasket. cheers for your help

EG_2_TEG
30-06-2004, 10:45 PM
thanks Integra_guy

will have another go tomorrow

Civic Type R
30-06-2004, 10:47 PM
what started it to leak OAS ?
damn .. it shouldnt be doing that

EG_2_TEG
30-06-2004, 11:38 PM
i think its common in gen 3 tegs
i've seen quite a few around with moisture in the tail lights

i've never actually seen water in the boot, but the wood above my spare tyre has rotten over time due to water...

plus i'm doing a proper boot install for my system soon :)

sharky
16-07-2004, 01:32 PM
jus got my teg back - honda said that the leak was caused by a very minor shunt on the rear that split some of the silicon sealant around the lights....i dont remember ever bumping the rear of my car?

EG_2_TEG
16-07-2004, 10:18 PM
hmm, maybe your car wasn't hit
i checked mine out, and the hose was inside the elbow join
i still used a tie-up thingy to keep it in place

but maybe the leak comes from around the lights then
cos mine has had a problem of moisture in the rear lights, plus i've spotted it on a few gen 3 tegs

Spinout
24-07-2004, 10:22 AM
You think the water leakage is a problem for my brake lights always dying out all the time?
I replaced the bulbs like both of them like 2 times a month.
It seems to always die out.

EG_2_TEG
05-08-2004, 06:12 PM
FUK, checked my boot today after its been raining
there's a puddle in there :twisted:

Javed
05-08-2004, 06:31 PM
hope this odesnt happen to me, noticed the wood had rotted out but did a test and got inside the boot and there seemed to be no leaks. Got quite ab it of nice stereo gear going in there too. hmmm

EG_2_TEG
10-08-2004, 01:56 AM
well, finally did a water test today
took the rear panel inside the boot off, closed the boot and hosed crazy around the rear tail lights

found out where the leak is coming from
its leakin on the right tail light, just near this black thing that sticks out on the rear tail light closest to the centre off the boot
bit hard to explain, and plus i don't have a working camera at home

didn't get time to pull out the tail lights, but on the way to work this arvo, my right blinker was flashing crazy
tested out the lights when i got home. all 3 globes on the right tail light don't work
FUK

EG_2_TEG
10-08-2004, 10:05 PM
my bad
just took the rear cover off just then
i took out the plug connection when i had a look at it yesterday :(
so lights are all working :)

but i'm still yet to fix the problem
will probably rip out the tail lights, and fill up the gaps with selleys all clear or something

EG_2_TEG
13-08-2004, 06:30 PM
update:

took out the tail lights from my car
the inside of the tail lights had heaps of water in it themselves
the gaskets were soaked and look a little worn out, but after ringing Honda and finding out they cost $102 for a pair, i chose not to get them

instead i used selleys all clear and tried to glue the gasket to the tail light, and seal around the edges

hopefully that has done the trick

EG_2_TEG
15-08-2004, 11:32 PM
that attempt failed :(
came back after work, and boot was once again flooded

anyone know how much the gaskets cost over east?

lerroy
16-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Dam
i seem to have the same problem having trouble narrowing it down buy my water flows from the back seat down to drivers feet stinking up the carpet i suspected i was leaking under the dash pulled all the carpet up and dried it all but i came from the back casue i noticed the rear seatbelt buckle was wet near the base im gonna have to pull the seats and side panels off an check out that elbow joint i hate investigating :(

anyone know were to get the clips that hold the back panel on cheap plastic clips that break when you pull them off casue mine were old :(

lerroy

EG_2_TEG
16-08-2004, 04:11 PM
hey lerroy

if your referring to the little clips on the back panel covering the tail lights, i got a price from my local Honda for $9.90 each. that is the biggest load of shit i have ever heard!

btw, is ur name Jody by any chance?

cheers

lerroy
16-08-2004, 05:49 PM
hahah
yeah it is my fellow rollaboyz member

serious thats a bit pricey i went to auto plus today they had some that did the job 5 bucks for ten not bad :)

Javed
16-08-2004, 07:04 PM
$9.90 each for a clip JESUS!

EG_2_TEG
16-08-2004, 07:51 PM
looks like i'll be taking a trip to supercheap to get me some :p

EG_2_TEG
17-08-2004, 07:45 PM
i think the prob has all fixed
for once i actually dried up all the water in the boot, then hosed the fuker down yesterday. no water in there

then today it poored down big time, checked the boot, no water :D

guess that $7 selleys all clear did the trick (hopefully ;) )

lerroy
17-08-2004, 08:36 PM
cool nice job