PDA

View Full Version : Tinting

Abs
25-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Im not sure if its legal or not...but is it legal to tint ur rear lights?

I have an EG civic and ive seen a few with rear lights that are tinted...and to me it looks pretty good, but my brother says its illegal. Does anyone know the law lol?

Ta

slowly
25-04-2007, 01:45 AM
rear light---you means tail light.
the rules in victoria is
if the modification that affect the orginal brightness of the beam is illegal.
good luck

bennjamin
25-04-2007, 06:07 PM
yep as above. The general rule is its illegal.

You can do it but you run the risk of defect and possibly someone hitting your car !

riruiz_88
25-04-2007, 09:06 PM
hey dude, i have smoked tail lights on my eg and i have been pulled over many times by cops. i put them on after i bought my car. they havnt said anythin to me about them either. i guess im lucky ey [knock on wood]. just addin my 2cents. gotta admit they do look pretty mad :thumbsup:

Abs
26-04-2007, 06:54 PM
thanx for the replies guys...
i guess thers always that risk, i don think ill take it..ima try to be as clean as i can with the cops lol. the headaches and the drainage isnt worth it..

thanx again

94_Accord
26-04-2007, 07:54 PM
it depends on the extent u tint them and also on the officer at the time.. some are nice and are more concerned with other things, but some could be having an off day and can be utter BaS***Ds..

in the end i guess it depends on ur run of luck.. but from wot ive noticed, if u only just slightly tint them u run a less risk as compared to if you completely black the light out.

vtec-NA.th
29-04-2007, 04:41 PM
what do you's mean by tinted taillights?

because i bought my new jazz and it comes with tinted taillights i think...

riruiz_88
29-04-2007, 06:43 PM
i think the proper name for them is "smoked tail lights". it means they either coat the tail light in a light black spray or layer it with a light black film. hope that gives you some light dude