PDA

View Full Version : b series dizzy lead configuration?

destrukshn
25-04-2007, 01:44 PM
hey people.
kinda need to know which lead goes into the cap.
from my understanding, if your looking at it straight, bolted up into the car.
4 2
3 1
numbers meaning which cylinder.
is that correct?

JohnnyVtec
25-04-2007, 01:51 PM
hey people.
kinda need to know which lead goes into the cap.
from my understanding, if your looking at it straight, bolted up into the car.
4 2
3 1
numbers meaning which cylinder.
is that correct?

Hope this helps,:thumbsup:

EK4R
25-04-2007, 02:04 PM
serz? my dizzy is like

2 4
1 3

lol ...

destrukshn
25-04-2007, 02:10 PM
serz? my dizzy is like

2 4
1 3

lol ...
bah, lol, i dunnoes confused right now, just woke up, and i didn't pull it off, so i just wanna make sure, becuase it ain't starting.
lol.

EK4R
25-04-2007, 02:12 PM
bah, lol, i dunnoes confused right now, just woke up, and i didn't pull it off, so i just wanna make sure, becuase it ain't starting.
lol.

haha my dizzy hasnt started for 2 weeks now...:( maybe u got the same problem as me.

althought placing leads in different order would just offset the timing wouldn't it. :confused:

JohnnyVtec
25-04-2007, 02:17 PM
haha my dizzy hasnt started for 2 weeks now...:( maybe u got the same problem as me.

althought placing leads in different order would just offset the timing wouldn't it. :confused:

It's not a small block chev... LOL You can muck up the cam timing and it will still run. Ignition timing doesn't allow that amenity unless you have the wires in correct order.

:p

EK4R
25-04-2007, 02:19 PM
well my dizzy wont spark with my black plastic cover on for some strange ass reason and my mech cant figure it out even after replacing all the parts... dont think its my leads ?

destrukshn
25-04-2007, 02:20 PM
lol, i've got spark though.
nah i was changing dizzy, somethign happened, long complicated story, in the end, i put back my old dizzy, and it won't start, so i just wanna make sure that the sequence is correct.
placing the leads in a different order shouldn't offset the timing.
but somethign else does, lol, i'm gonna get my techician to check it out tomorrow.
apparently, have to time the dizzy, if you replace it, or something along the lines of that, something to do with the crankshaft as well. ah wells, not my **** up. so it's okay.

JohnnyVtec
25-04-2007, 02:23 PM
well my dizzy wont spark with my black plastic cover on for some strange ass reason and my mech cant figure it out even after replacing all the parts... dont think its my leads ?

If you're refering to the dust cover behind the dizzy cap itself, i'd pull the lil bugger off and give it a go that way. ;)

As far as the leads being the problem. I can't really E-diagnose the problem. However i seriously doubt it's the leads!

Hope this helps, :thumbsup:

EK4R
25-04-2007, 02:27 PM
If you're refering to the dust cover behind the dizzy cap itself, i'd pull the lil bugger off and give it a go that way. ;)

As far as the leads being the problem. I can't really E-diagnose the problem. However i seriously doubt it's the leads!

na not the dust cap. the dizzy cap itself. anyways dont want to side-track this thread. but here is the link Johnny. have a read when you get a chance. cheers

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64699

destrukshn
25-04-2007, 02:28 PM

i think his talking about the dizzy cap?

ek4r, have you checked your coil?
lol.

EK4R
25-04-2007, 02:30 PM
you talking bout the ignition coil? that was replaced i believe. still same problem.

at first we thought the spark wasnt strong enough, but that doesnt seem to be the problem.

maybe my rotor button was shorting my dizzy internals?? and now something inside got rooted?

JohnnyVtec
25-04-2007, 02:33 PM
:p where's the love fellas?

destrukshn
25-04-2007, 02:38 PM
okay....
ek4r, get naked and show johhnyvtec some love.
lol.

EK4R
25-04-2007, 02:39 PM
lol....*strips

hurry up dont keep me waiting destrukshn. u too

JohnnyVtec
25-04-2007, 02:41 PM
you talking bout the ignition coil? that was replaced i believe. still same problem.

at first we thought the spark wasnt strong enough, but that doesnt seem to be the problem.

maybe my rotor button was shorting my dizzy internals?? and now something inside got rooted?

I have a spare module here for b16a2 if you would like to try it. After reading your thread it looks like that could *possibly* be the problem....:p

EK4R
25-04-2007, 02:43 PM
I have a spare module here for b16a2 if you would like to try it. After reading your thread it looks like that could *possibly* be the problem....:p

ill pm you . :thumbsup:

JohnnyVtec
25-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Cranks up the Def leopard & pour's himself a bourbon in hopes they're both chicks:eek:

EK4R
25-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Cranks up the Def leopard & pour's himself a bourbon in hopes they're both chicks:eek:

destruk is ... :zip:

JohnnyVtec
25-04-2007, 02:55 PM
pm replied:thumbsup:

bennjamin
25-04-2007, 06:51 PM
closed. You are a noob that WORKS at Honda , ffs Jonnie ! *slaps*