PDA

View Full Version : HID Safe?

BUN-135
25-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi just wondering are HID safe for our cd5 accord headlights, just having concerns about it melting. Cause i got problems with the harness melting behind the headlight.

Drew
25-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Id be more concerned about HID being defected and blinding oncoming traffic ?

Sensei
25-04-2007, 10:04 PM
The housing will be fine, but you'll need to upgrade the wiring harness and add a relay to the battery. And unless you're doing a full retrofit with projectors, then you should probably stay away from this mod as chances are, even with D2R bulbs, you'll blind the crap out of anyone in front of your car. The stock reflector-type housings in CD5s are not designed for the HIDs brightness.

Xplodin
26-04-2007, 08:02 AM
I've got hid's on my CD5 and i've never had a problem with them wats so ever. No ones ever highbeamed me or crap like that. One thing i do have to say is i've got a good set and it is good to get a decent set not just the ones on ebay. Since the CD5 accords are H4 bulbs, Look for ones with a Shield on them. This will help create a more sharper cut off line. its like th D2S blulbs (correct me if i'm rong guys, could never remember if its S or R)found on cars such as the Legend (the one before this new one) Lexus GS300 (97-05) Lexus IS200/300 Sport. As said above the housing isnt designed for HID's so dont expect HID's like the euro's or the S2000's.

Good luck with it

Sensei
26-04-2007, 09:42 AM
For reflector based housing - D2R - incorporated shield to reduce glare
For projector - D2S - no shield

sugz
26-04-2007, 03:25 PM
the glare should be much of a problem Andy, as your car is lower than most cars on the road...

my friend's Jazz is fitted with HID, and as we all know, Jazz is a tall mother f***er...and he's HID (6000K) isnt so much of an issue...
but yeah get a decent brand as it would save u money in the long run...

philmak
28-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Xplodin - what brands have the shield on them?

Xplodin
29-04-2007, 07:32 AM
Xplodin - what brands have the shield on them?
I know Xelux, Bpi, I'm pretty sure Mtecs has them as well. They are the only 3 brands i know of. I'm currently Using Xelux ATM Love them. And was using Bpi (a Korean Brand) and Mtec's are made in China. Despite wat the trader says. If i had the money i'd be getting Phillips. but i'm not spending 800 Bucks on HID's.

mrwillz
30-04-2007, 04:29 PM
dont most HID's bulb haf shields