PDA

View Full Version : how hard is it to....

Adoomi
26-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey.. just wanted to ask how hard is it to find a eg6 rear engine mount or a vtir engine mount, the mount that is connected to the gearbox..?

VT3C
26-04-2007, 01:02 PM
firstly the 'mount' is the rubber part.. the 'bracket' is the piece you are refering to.

secondly, fitting in this T-bracket with the engine IN the car is a nightmare.. can be done but with lots of busted knuckles to get it into place and aligned before you can do-up the bolts etc.

ensure you have the correct bracket - internet 'folk-law' suggests that "all B-series transmission mount brackets are the same" but they are NOT. Try to match the bracket to the original chassis that your GEARBOX came from. if it's a Type-R box, it should be the same as a B16's gearbox housing so should be OK. but if you have a VTiR B18C you might have some issues.

from memory with the wrong bracket combo you could still fit 2 out of the 3 bolts so the mount was doing half of it's job but for the best result for rigid engine positioning use the correct mount bracket :D

I had an integra VTiR bracket and was trying to install to my Del-Sol SiR-II engine and Gearbox. the holes didnt line up to the gearbox housing. I ordered a genuine Del-Sol bracket and when it arrived i compared it side-by side to the Integra bracket and there was a 4-6mm difference.. so anybody that says all the B-series brackets are the same is not truely acurate.

*edit* jsut realised you said 'find' not 'fit'.. oops.. my bad.. but above post may be relevant.

if you need an EG6 bracket - ask HONDA asutralia for the 1995 CRX bracket (Del-Sol) as they wont jump up and down saying "we dont do japanese parts" as it's the same as EG6 anyway.

Samo
26-04-2007, 09:54 PM
are u sure VT3C??

im using a dc2 sir gearbox, b16a2 from ek4 and bracket from the dc2 sir in my EG ... everything lines up no probs

dc2sir should be same as our vtir.

bennjamin
26-04-2007, 10:21 PM
are u sure VT3C??

im using a dc2 sir gearbox, b16a2 from ek4 and bracket from the dc2 sir in my EG ... everything lines up no probs

dc2sir should be same as our vtir.

There is 2 possibly 3 versions of this B series mount.
All i know sofar is the EG6 and DC2/R mounts are the same.
There is a variant which the 2 large bolts stick in , is alittle different spacing.

IN answer to your question - its pretty easy to find the mount you are after.
Go to a wrecker. OR a workshop. They shoud have these lying around...

EG5
28-04-2007, 10:30 PM
if you need an EG6 bracket - ask HONDA asutralia for the 1995 CRX bracket (Del-Sol) as they wont jump up and down saying "we dont do japanese parts" as it's the same as EG6 anyway.

EG6 civic and EG2 Delsol rear engine bracket is different dude.