PDA

View Full Version : article on ctr

jeffske
26-04-2007, 07:46 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/civic-typer-cast-into-euro-hothatch-territory/2007/04/26/1177459834920.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

shinji112
26-04-2007, 08:10 PM
"We believe buyers are starting to turn away from the stripped-out boy racer style of vehicle."

well that just about cans the hope of the Type R-R coming here

NeoNode
26-04-2007, 08:27 PM
"We believe buyers are starting to turn away from the stripped-out boy racer style of vehicle."

well that just about cans the hope of the Type R-R coming here
For £65,000 I can think of better cars to buy than a Type R-R ;)

jeffske
26-04-2007, 08:32 PM
For £65,000 I can think of better cars to buy than a Type R-R ;)

lol damn straight. thats like 150grand !!

dupac->
26-04-2007, 11:10 PM
that's coming this july?

xenfacta
27-04-2007, 08:38 AM
like the wheels... look like the lenso's im gonna get

dsp26
28-04-2007, 11:14 AM
"Light Weight" they say and its over 1300Kg. meh.. so many better cars for that price range... golf gti owns!!

aaronng
28-04-2007, 01:43 PM
"Light Weight" they say and its over 1300Kg. meh.. so many better cars for that price range... golf gti owns!!

This CTR will probably be as quick as the GTI in a straight line and probably handle better.

jeffske
28-04-2007, 02:50 PM
i think honda realises there isnt alot of money to be made in the "boy racer" market and basically are giving us the big finger
if they were remotely serious they'd be bringing over the type r-r for the $42grand asking price of the type r, i dont think it would honestly cost them that much more to do the mods theyve done (its all done in bulk, all 3rd party parts are purchased in bulk and installation is done by the same robots)

Cvik_ryda
28-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Well i think its all up to individual liking. Why does Aus Honda alway de-tune their bloody cars compare to oversea model?? oh well atleast they gave it a try. Bring back the EK VTi-R, DC2 VTi-R any day and ill buy one.

Cvik_ryda
28-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Well i think its all up to individual liking. Why does Aus Honda alway de-tune their bloody cars compare to oversea model?? oh well atleast they gave it a try. Bring back the EK VTi-R, DC2 VTi-R any day and ill buy one.

aaronng
28-04-2007, 05:34 PM
i think honda realises there isnt alot of money to be made in the "boy racer" market and basically are giving us the big finger
if they were remotely serious they'd be bringing over the type r-r for the $42grand asking price of the type r, i dont think it would honestly cost them that much more to do the mods theyve done (its all done in bulk, all 3rd party parts are purchased in bulk and installation is done by the same robots)

Go and reread what they did to the Type R-R to make 260hp from 2.0L without requiring 10,000rpm. They did Spoon-level stuff to it. I would expect them to ask for $80k for the R-R (not taking into account the UK's higher car tax).

aimre
29-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Asif ud buy one for 80k. really. WHy doesnt honda make something RWD and/or turbo. Some ppl wont care bout the brand. they'll look at the paper, see how little power it has, and such a huge price tag and then go buy something quicker.

aaronng
29-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Asif ud buy one for 80k. really. WHy doesnt honda make something RWD and/or turbo. Some ppl wont care bout the brand. they'll look at the paper, see how little power it has, and such a huge price tag and then go buy something quicker.

No, I wouldn't buy the R-R for 80k. I'd buy the regular CTR for 42k. Why the obsession with Honda, RWD and turbo? There are many other brands that offer RWD and/or turbo. Go for one of those.

Honda has RWD in their S2000. They have only just started with turbo in their RDX. It will take quite a while before they move turbo from their passenger to their performance models.

xenfacta
29-04-2007, 06:42 PM
This CTR will probably be as quick as the GTI in a straight line and probably handle better.

wheels tested one and said that while its grippy, the chassis isnt as polished or communicative as the gti or xr5. torque is also an issue. but then again, it is a honda...

57UDD
30-04-2007, 12:22 AM
but remember that the FN2 CTR did win top gear's hottest hatch, beating the Golf Gti and XR5 focus

xenfacta
30-04-2007, 08:30 AM
maybe the aussie roads made a difference? i dont know... i suppose at the end of the day it depends on what u like. if its as good as those two then itll be an awesome drive. even with the 190kW from the upgrade on our gti the car handles like a dream through the twisties

aimre
30-04-2007, 07:05 PM
No, I wouldn't buy the R-R for 80k. I'd buy the regular CTR for 42k. Why the obsession with Honda, RWD and turbo? There are many other brands that offer RWD and/or turbo. Go for one of those.

Honda has RWD in their S2000. They have only just started with turbo in their RDX. It will take quite a while before they move turbo from their passenger to their performance models.

Coz FWD lacks

For LESS than a Type R, you could have

- XR6 Turbo
- WRX CLub Spec 9
- Forrester
- Golf GTI (For Ur FWD fetishes)
- VZ SS Ute
- VE SS Sedan (Slightly More than R)

CBF looking more.

I drive a honda, but id much rather n e of them cars

SiR
03-05-2007, 12:31 AM
even with the 190kW from the upgrade on our gti the car handles like a dream through the twisties

Apologies for hi-jacking the thread, but what about warranty and torque steer issues? Any complaints?

aaronng
03-05-2007, 02:00 AM
Coz FWD lacks

For LESS than a Type R, you could have

- XR6 Turbo
- WRX CLub Spec 9
- Forrester
- Golf GTI (For Ur FWD fetishes)
- VZ SS Ute
- VE SS Sedan (Slightly More than R)

CBF looking more.

I drive a honda, but id much rather n e of them cars

Exactly. There are RWD turbos (or high powered NA) from other brands. Why bother waiting for Honda to come out with one when there are alternatives in the market (assuming you were planning to buy one now). Just irritates me that everyone complains about FWD and NA, when there are good non-Honda RWD/AWD turbo cars in the market like you listed.

xenfacta
03-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Apologies for hi-jacking the thread, but what about warranty and torque steer issues? Any complaints?

torque steer is there but its not particularly vioent or upsetting. apr offer a 1 year warratny if u want it but u can disable the upgrade wen u take it in for service. the dealer's cant detect it. that being said, barloworld VW at mascot will also do the upgrade for u so theyre obviously not too concerned.

aimre
04-05-2007, 12:08 AM
torque steer is there but its not particularly vioent or upsetting. apr offer a 1 year warratny if u want it but u can disable the upgrade wen u take it in for service. the dealer's cant detect it. that being said, barloworld VW at mascot will also do the upgrade for u so theyre obviously not too concerned.

Wont the type r have an LSD, thus little to no tourqe steer??? Plus civic dont have tourqe

aimre
04-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Exactly. There are RWD turbos (or high powered NA) from other brands. Why bother waiting for Honda to come out with one when there are alternatives in the market (assuming you were planning to buy one now). Just irritates me that everyone complains about FWD and NA, when there are good non-Honda RWD/AWD turbo cars in the market like you listed.

Cos i would think with the abilitites honda has, they could make a very good car? WHy not just keep the civic and make it a RWD platform?

SiR
04-05-2007, 12:43 AM

Cool, thanks for that - I'll look into it :) Currently deciding on whether to go for a GTI or a R32 and was interested to find out more about the APR mod for the GTI.

aaronng
04-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Cos i would think with the abilitites honda has, they could make a very good car? WHy not just keep the civic and make it a RWD platform?

Because the Civic was designed as a FWD platform. :)

xenfacta
04-05-2007, 08:35 AM
would the engine even fit if it was rotated 90 degrees for rwd? its pretty tight in there as it is

sendok
04-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Civic always FWD... and it's really good FWD car... :D

simmyhong
04-05-2007, 04:28 PM
well i think it depends how badly its detuned.
i just think hondas are way too pricey x)