PDA

View Full Version : Stupid answers to genuine questions

Drew
26-04-2007, 07:51 PM
As of late there seems to have been more and more stupid answers to genuine questions

Example

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65554
"LOL dot dot dot"
"if u got turbo just get a blow off valve
pshhhhh > chirp"

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65251
"did it fall off?"
"lol i loose traction when its raining and vtec kiks in, its a good indication lol"
"when i come on vteck my dash shakes rofl and smoke comes from underneath"

That maybe acceptable in Lounge but really when it comes to real problems that people have with their cars... Keep it more on topic?

Or am I just knit picking?

panda[cRx]
26-04-2007, 08:04 PM
welcome to ozhonda :wave:

chunky
26-04-2007, 08:10 PM
lolz
dude dw man jus gon on about ur bussiness
jesus
so a couple of people are havin a piss
no need to get all riled up about it

incoming
26-04-2007, 08:32 PM
i used to do that haha
but now i just keep it to lounge

Q_ball
26-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Thats what the PQ system is there for.
If someone is constantly posting rubbish in tech forums, than give em a negative rep.

Chi
26-04-2007, 08:40 PM
You're knit picking.

Buy a box of tissues while you're at it

chunky
26-04-2007, 08:41 PM
:D lucky i deleted my post b4 any 1 had a chance
had a feelin sum 1 was gunna do that

Drew
26-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Cant give bad rep yet :(

bennjamin
26-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Cant give bad rep yet :(

perhaps if its a stupid reply then pm the person and tell them why....better to get a point across :)

Drew
26-04-2007, 10:08 PM
done like a dinner

chunky
26-04-2007, 10:17 PM
lolz wtf
nice experssion :thumbsup:

Muzz
26-04-2007, 11:10 PM
;1147534']welcome to ozhonda :wave:

Yeh welcome to ozhonda.
Is it just me or have any of you noticed a huge drop in the tech related threads and posts over the last few months. It could just be me, i used to spend heaps of time on here, ive barley been on here over the last few weeks its just not doin it for me anymore.:( :(

panda[cRx]
27-04-2007, 07:00 AM
i think there is still a similar amount of tech posts, just less about tuning and engine building now that blkcrx, toda + proecu dont post no more (i'm not saying their loss is a good or a bad thing lol)

ek4-guy
27-04-2007, 08:56 AM
And this comming from the person that brings us threads sutch as

Suicide
Ripping a phone book in half properly
Looking for a new job
Tui
and of coarse my personal favourite Pulp fiction the orange juice thread

Bludger
27-04-2007, 10:05 AM
I'll take negative rep like a man

Merlin086
27-04-2007, 11:03 AM
I don't mean to knit pick but isn't it "nitpick" or "nit pick"

or am I just.....ummm......k/nitpicking......lol

Mr_will
27-04-2007, 11:35 AM
;1148022']i think there is still a similar amount of tech posts, just less about tuning and engine building now that blkcrx, toda + proecu dont post no more (i'm not saying their loss is a good or a bad thing lol)

how come no more proecu? he was funny.

panda[cRx]
27-04-2007, 01:36 PM
dunno, he might still post but i havent seen any posts for a while
angry, angry man

dc2dc2dc2
27-04-2007, 01:39 PM
be a man...and give negative reps out.

Mr_will
27-04-2007, 02:15 PM
be a man...and give negative reps out.

people whinge though. i give out heaps of rep, mostly +, but as soon as i give -, people start crying.

Q_ball
27-04-2007, 02:19 PM
^They should learn to stop posting rubbish, spam or incorrect info then.
Simple.

Mr_will
27-04-2007, 02:20 PM
^They should learn to stop posting rubbish, spam or incorrect info then.
Simple.

i agree 100%, but you know as well as i do that people whinge when the get - rep.

Drew
27-04-2007, 03:53 PM
And this comming from the person that brings us threads sutch as

Suicide
Ripping a phone book in half properly
Looking for a new job
Tui
and of coarse my personal favourite Pulp fiction the orange juice thread

That was posted in the lounge you stupid ****

ek4-guy
27-04-2007, 04:22 PM
yeah and my point was that before we look into unless posts maybe we should look at unless threads

because as Muzz was saying there is not enough tech related posts anymore and seeing threads like yours over and over again gets boring when i come to this site to read about Cars not farking orange juice get a life post your orange juice threads on some farking forum about oranges

Bludger
27-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I hunger for negative REP!!!

Drew
27-04-2007, 07:14 PM
yeah and my point was that before we look into unless posts maybe we should look at unless threads

because as Muzz was saying there is not enough tech related posts anymore and seeing threads like yours over and over again gets boring when i come to this site to read about Cars not farking orange juice get a life post your orange juice threads on some farking forum about oranges

Thats what the lounge is about you knob...

Technical is for technical problems... Maybe don't read the lounge then?

This is really more towards the technical/noob forum than lounge

chunky
27-04-2007, 07:23 PM
lolz wtf unless post and unless threads?
isnt it useless =S
the lounge is where i feel most comfortable though

Bayani
28-04-2007, 12:22 AM
I think he has a point, as do the mods.

People need to realise when it's the technical thread; people are needing accurate information. + and - rep is your friend.

Lounge is for horseplay!

panda[cRx]
29-04-2007, 12:12 PM
what has this (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1149523&postcount=33) got to do with anything in here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1149966&posted=1#post1149966) ??

chunky
29-04-2007, 12:34 PM
bahahahahhhaahahah
rofl OWNED

bennjamin
29-04-2007, 12:44 PM
yeah funny. But spam and stupid in the context of this thread.
IS there any point to this thread ? What goes around comes around.

chunky
29-04-2007, 12:54 PM
well there was another thread 'car covers' even though it was in the lounge there was sone pretty stupid/funny replies eg. 'get a force field from ebay'
and 'can your friendly neighbourhood spiderman web it up for you'

dc2dc2dc2
29-04-2007, 01:04 PM
stop spamming chunky...do u want to be int he red again.

this is ur final warning.

Bludger
29-04-2007, 01:36 PM
chunky is harmless.
I've never seen him post anywhere else but the lounge

You can give me RED anytime 'dc2dc2dc2'

aimre
30-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Did u relise the thread will become gay and boring without ppl posting the occasional funny thing.

Just wait till u become all nazi, then this place will become like fast fours forum. That place used to b buzzing b4 i got my licence. Now look at it, there like 8 ppl trolling around, that forum dies and it aint coming back.

After talking to a few ppl in REAL life, alot of ppl have told me they have grown tired of what this place has become and leaving, only making occasional comeback to sell/buy or if they really dont know something about their car.

Dont sap the fun outta this forum

Weq
30-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Did u relise the thread will become gay and boring without ppl posting the occasional funny thing.

Just wait till u become all nazi, then this place will become like fast fours forum. That place used to b buzzing b4 i got my licence. Now look at it, there like 8 ppl trolling around, that forum dies and it aint coming back.

After talking to a few ppl in REAL life, alot of ppl have told me they have grown tired of what this place has become and leaving, only making occasional comeback to sell/buy or if they really dont know something about their car.

Amen.

Ive never read the lounge. Dont really care for useless banter or homo jokes.

But the tech forums are just trawled by the typical ozh mindless wit chequebook vtec fell off racer *insert JDM slang word of the moment* chuck norris style *waiting for my awsome post in the lounge to be replied too* spammers.

Hence the reason why and previously mentioned personalities dont post anymore. I actually enjoy reading all the misinformation that is passed off as tech advice. Its funny. And i love the unchecked advertising by the favourite ozhonda traders too. passing off products as solutions.

I guess this is why the rest of the car enthusist communities have never taken us seriously. Stereotypes dont come from no-where.

*ps. i love the tech thread condoning running ur oil at 80'C. Yay for spun bearings.

wynode
30-04-2007, 10:49 PM

And then on the other hand we would like to keep the tech threads technical. It isn't as easy as people realise to find a balance. BTW nice avatar Alex ;)

krogoth
02-05-2007, 12:01 PM
people whinge though. i give out heaps of rep, mostly +, but as soon as i give -, people start crying.

oh yeh ppl start crying all rite wen they get a neg rep if it is unfairly given

a member deserves a neg rep if theyr posting BULLSHIT in a genuine thread outside the lounge or if they are making personal attakcs to another member

BUT i DO NOT deserve a neg rep from another member for digging up a 4 yr old thread as a joke and putting a bs reply in ther

if that thread was recently created and i just jumped in and posted rubbish replies to a serious question...then neg rep me away

but the member who made the thread i refreshed doesnt even exist anymore, ffs, the thread is 4 yrz old.....som ppl need to relax

im even more surprised because the member who gave me the neg rep knows that i dont spam

that member has seen plenty of useful posts by me, and im sure u can check whether im lying or not

bennjamin
02-05-2007, 01:00 PM
krogoth (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=8644) , we give out negative rep and infractions for SPAM - which is what you did. Correct ?
All it is , is a friendly reminder NOT to do it again.

Mr_will
02-05-2007, 04:37 PM
oh yeh ppl start crying all rite wen they get a neg rep if it is unfairly given

a member deserves a neg rep if theyr posting BULLSHIT in a genuine thread outside the lounge or if they are making personal attakcs to another member

BUT i DO NOT deserve a neg rep from another member for digging up a 4 yr old thread as a joke and putting a bs reply in ther

if that thread was recently created and i just jumped in and posted rubbish replies to a serious question...then neg rep me away

but the member who made the thread i refreshed doesnt even exist anymore, ffs, the thread is 4 yrz old.....som ppl need to relax

im even more surprised because the member who gave me the neg rep knows that i dont spam

that member has seen plenty of useful posts by me, and im sure u can check whether im lying or not

maybe you just shouldnt take it so personally.

its not a personal attack on you, and it certainly isnt me saying that you never have anything useful to post, because you do, which is why (i think) i have given you + rep in the past.

Bludger
02-05-2007, 05:31 PM
who the hell cares what collour is under your trade rating?
i like the colour red more than green.........

hell, i even got a green block now that i've asked not too.
thats fkn nonsence!!!!!!!!!
the green block was not deserved, Mr_will, plz fix this mistake!!

Mr_will
02-05-2007, 05:34 PM
who the hell cares what collour is under your trade rating?
i like the colour red more than green.........

hell, i even got a green block now that i've asked not too.
thats fkn nonsence!!!!!!!!!
the green block was not deserved, Mr_will, plz fix this mistake!!

dont worry buddy, ill keep a look out and give you some red as soon as i legitimately can. im here to help...