PDA

View Full Version : coilover settings

gelo
27-04-2007, 10:55 AM
ok guys ive got a question regarding the adjustable damping settings on coilovers

take mine for example:
there are 5 settings
so i am wondering, does number 1 setting on the front equal number 1 at the back
OR
does number 1 on the front compliment number 1 at the back, as in its sposed to work together

i know settings depend on personal styles and road conditions, but its just something ive been wondering, since front and rear coil overs are made differently

fatboyz39
27-04-2007, 11:23 AM
its hard to say, depending on which track you going too. For example, at the drags, we have the front on softest damper and rear on hardest settings.

barefootbonzai
27-04-2007, 11:34 AM
nar i don't think the numbers are realated in any way. just adjust to your likey.

bennjamin
27-04-2007, 03:55 PM
yup the numbers are only relative to the damper setting on the coilover its on - noone can say "jsut put 4 on front and 6 on the rear" about ALL coilovers or shocks :)

I think its better to adjust a percentile. This seems to be universal -
Something to work out would be - divide 100 by the amount of "clicks" and you will get what each numerical step equals (% wise of total bound adjustment)
So , on something with 16 levels - 4 clicks front is 25% damper , 8 is 50% , 11 is 68.75% etc. Mind you , there is only any noticeable difference from the lowest to hardest level IMO. Anything inbetween is "filler":)