PDA

View Full Version : Euro suspension comparison

sodaz
27-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi guys,

I'm looking at upgrading my suspension for my Euro and after looking around a bit I've decided to get one of the following:

1. D2
2. Tein Flex
3. Buddy Club N+

I've done a thorough search and found quite a few threads about different suspension setups but there aren't any that really can tell me the difference between these three.

So if you have any ideas/thoughts/experiences, please post here and I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

tony1234
27-04-2007, 09:45 PM
You should consider Eibach/Bilstein spring/shock set up,it's good.

aaronng
27-04-2007, 11:30 PM
D2 = Made in Taiwan. Quality = suspect.
Tein Flex = Made in Japan. I have them and are a little stiff for the speedbumps but great for aggressive driving.
BC N+ = Made in Taiwan but still of good quality. The lower damper mount is adjustable like that on the Flex.

sendok
27-04-2007, 11:31 PM
In those 3 options.. i think tein flex seems to be the good one.. but not good with the $$$ :D

E-Gene
27-04-2007, 11:32 PM

Better than the setups that he mentioned?

snYpz
27-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Hi tony1234, i saw ur other post elsewhere in regards to the Eibach/Bilstein setup...seems like ur really happy with it! Im thinking abt doing the same thing...just wondering where u got the spring and shocks from in Sydney and how much?
Hows the performance and comfort...i want to lower the car about 25mm but not compromise comfort. :D

cheers
snYpz

ALN
28-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Get tein flex though. It is good choice, but will probably abit aggressive for daily use.

Hi guys,

I'm looking at upgrading my suspension for my Euro and after looking around a bit I've decided to get one of the following:

1. D2
2. Tein Flex
3. Buddy Club N+

I've done a thorough search and found quite a few threads about different suspension setups but there aren't any that really can tell me the difference between these three.

So if you have any ideas/thoughts/experiences, please post here and I'd really appreciate it!

tony1234
28-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Hi tony1234, i saw ur other post elsewhere in regards to the Eibach/Bilstein setup...seems like ur really happy with it! Im thinking abt doing the same thing...just wondering where u got the spring and shocks from in Sydney and how much?
Hows the performance and comfort...i want to lower the car about 25mm but not compromise comfort. :D

cheers
snYpz
With my setup the car sits approx.35mm lower.performance and comfort is excellent,suspension really firms up when you push it hard through corners,fast lane changes etc.I don't think it would be as good as coilovers on the track but how often do you go on the track??For daily driving and the shit roads we have in Sydney it's firm but compliant.Cost inc camber kit approx.$2200.00 drive in drive out.Not cheap but you get what you pay for.PM me if you want the ph no.of who did it for me.

mugen88
28-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi guys,

1. D2
2. Tein Flex
3. Buddy Club N+

It depends on what yr trying to achieve ie. lowered looks, aggressive driving habits, tracking the car regular.

There is a fair compromise in comfort btw daily driving and a track orientated coilover kit.

Drew
28-04-2007, 08:20 AM
D2's are crap... Don't get them

They crack and buckle on Civics and Integras just imagine them on a Euro

ALF487
28-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Well guys.. Im ordering a TEIN FLEX for my euro from one of the traders here...Theyre selling it for $1980 (Special offer.. dunno when the offer will end tho), getting them delivered next week. For installation it'll cost $170 so in total around $2150.. now i reckon thats a good price!! its way better than paying $2200 for Eibach/Bilstein shocks. the maximum drop for TEIN FLEX is around 4inch.. im thinking of dropping my car around 2inch in front and 1.7inch Rear.

Atjo
28-04-2007, 09:41 AM
D2's are crap... Don't get them

They crack and buckle on Civics and Integras just imagine them on a Euro
Not really, i have D2 on my euro and the quality is not bad for daily driving, i choose D2 cause only D2 that can go very low, anyway i'm selling my D2 soon after my air runner arrived :)

aaronng
28-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Better than the setups that he mentioned?

For daily driving, yes.

aaronng
28-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Well guys.. Im ordering a TEIN FLEX for my euro from one of the traders here...Theyre selling it for $1980 (Special offer.. dunno when the offer will end tho), getting them delivered next week. For installation it'll cost $170 so in total around $2150.. now i reckon thats a good price!! its way better than paying $2200 for Eibach/Bilstein shocks. the maximum drop for TEIN FLEX is around 4inch.. im thinking of dropping my car around 2inch in front and 1.7inch Rear.

You still need to add in your rear camber kit and alignment!

sodaz
28-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks for all the input so far guys. :thumbsup: I'm looking at tracking my car a couple times a year and doing some spirited daily driving (I've already got various bracing bars and the rear sway bar), so the suspension needs to be solid but not a full race setup.

I also want to lower my car a tiny bit but not so low that it will cause clearance problems on speed bumps and carparks.

Let me try and get the approximate costs right:

1. Coilovers - $2000 or so
2. Rear camber kit - $???
3. Installation - $200 or so
4. Alignment - $???
5. EDFC - An option if i'm getting Tein Flex - $600

So how much did it cost you guys all up? Since all these suspension setups are adjustable, how have you guys set up yours?

aaronng
28-04-2007, 12:43 PM
^^ The only thing adjustable are the dampers and the height. My dampers are set to the softest and the car has been lowered by 1 inch. Unfortunately for the Flex, it is still a little harsh at the softest setting because the spring rate cannot be changed without replacing the springs.

doosra
28-04-2007, 12:53 PM
I got BuddyClub N+ for $1899 and installed for $180... i reckon go with coilovers.. better handling and more options .. i.e. adjusting the height if you're not happy with it.....
My car already came with camber kit when i bought it.

i'm a noob.. so don't know much... but i got coilovers because i my car was lowered 2.5" with stock shocks and they wore out and the ride was unbearable.. since the change.. its much more comfortable..even though my wheels hit my guard sometimes..

Drew
28-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Not really, i have D2 on my euro and the quality is not bad for daily driving, i choose D2 cause only D2 that can go very low, anyway i'm selling my D2 soon after my air runner arrived :)

I destroyed a set of D2s on a EF8 and a DC2R

Would never use them again

sodaz
29-04-2007, 04:49 PM
I got BuddyClub N+ for $1899 and installed for $180... i reckon go with coilovers.. better handling and more options .. i.e. adjusting the height if you're not happy with it.....
My car already came with camber kit when i bought it.

i'm a noob.. so don't know much... but i got coilovers because i my car was lowered 2.5" with stock shocks and they wore out and the ride was unbearable.. since the change.. its much more comfortable..even though my wheels hit my guard sometimes..

Thanks for the input mate. That's a good price. Where did you get them from?

doosra
29-04-2007, 08:46 PM
I got the coilovers from www.JDMYARD.com. Think i might have got the last one.. but they should be getting more in.. just give them a call....

ginganggooly
30-04-2007, 03:40 PM

I was quoted 2200 installed for the bilstein/eibach combo (includes heasman's wheel allignment), I'd be more inclined to say that is better value than the Teins.

The monotube bilstein shocks are very, very good, the Teins are a twin tube design.

The only advantage i see with Tein coilovers is the heigh adjustability...

tony1234
30-04-2007, 04:02 PM
I was quoted 2200 installed for the bilstein/eibach combo (includes heasman's wheel allignment), I'd be more inclined to say that is better value than the Teins.

The monotube bilstein shocks are very, very good, the Teins are a twin tube design.

The only advantage i see with Tein coilovers is the heigh adjustability...
Yeah,i agree.I've got the Bilstein/eibach combo with Eibach rear camber kit.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ALF487
30-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Just curious
Is the BC N+ equal to TEIN SS?
and BC Racing Spec equals to TEIN Flex?

aaronng
30-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Just curious
Is the BC N+ equal to TEIN SS?
and BC Racing Spec equals to TEIN Flex?

BC N+ has the lower adjustable mount like Flex. What are the spring rates for N+?

Gerald28
30-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Spring rates for the N+ are:

Front 12k
Rear 6k

sodaz
02-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Spring rates for the N+ are:

Front 12k
Rear 6k

How does that compare to the Flex?

aaronng
02-05-2007, 11:27 PM
How does that compare to the Flex?

Flex has 10kg/mm for the front and 6kg/mm for the rear. So the Flex is softer up front.

BusterSonic12
03-05-2007, 10:32 AM

who's the trader?? that's damn good price i reckon... i m interested

sodaz
03-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Flex has 10kg/mm for the front and 6kg/mm for the rear. So the Flex is softer up front.

Thanks mate. How did you set your Flex up btw?

ALF487
04-05-2007, 12:44 AM
who's the trader?? that's damn good price i reckon... i m interested

i bought it from one of the traders here called MAX-HONDAPOWER
and got it fitted at TOP ONE Automotive. i dropped 2 inch at the front and 1.8inch at the back. overall.. im VERY HAPPY!! hehehe

sodaz
05-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Did you install a camber kit ALF?

ALF487
05-05-2007, 08:55 AM
not yet.. im still saving up for one.. probly be able to order one in 2 weeks time.. Skunk2 rear camber kit.. have to order from the states, itll take around 2-3weeks to arrive in aus.. price is around $350

ALF487
05-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Coilover comparison (www.modacar.com)
Prices in AUD

(Basic set)
Buddy Club N+ $1320
TEIN SS $1140

(Racing Set)
Buddy Club Racing Spec $1822
TEIN Flex $1678

if you buy products from Aus make sure you look around and get quotes from different traders... dont get ripped off.. it took me 2months to decide on which coilovers to get and get the best price..

Quotes from traders
Basic sets $1700-$1900
TEIN SS
Buddy Club N+

Racing set $2300-$3200
TEIN Flex
Buddy Club Racing Spec

at the end.. i got a bargain.. the product was in Australia, and it only took 3 days for delivery after payment paid in full.

Results
TEIN Flex: $1950 (Delivered)
Fitting: $180 (Top One Automotive)
Drops: F/2inch R/1.8inch
Damper setting: Soft/Hard
Ride comfort: 8/10
Handling: 9/10

sodaz
05-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Thanks for posting all that info mate. I just had a quick look on the net and here's what i found:

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Ingalls-Camber-Kit-CL7-9-TSX-Rear-ONE-SIDE-pr-1009.html

I've ordered some stuff from them before and they're pretty good. From the info i gathered here I'll only need a rear camber kit even with a bit of drop (like your setup) The link attached is only for 1 side so it'll be $150US in total.

Did Top One do the alignment for free btw?

ALF487
05-05-2007, 09:43 AM
In my opinion, dont buy used coilovers.. ive looked around and found that alot people are selling TEIN SS and Budy Club N+ coilovers which they have used around 5000km-1000km and sell them for $1100-$1450.. for these prices, if you wait patiently and do you homework.. you'll be able to get a brand new one for and extra $150-$250.

And for TEIN FLEX used for 5000km-10000km people are selling them for $1700-$1900. and an extra $150-$250 you get a new one.

Just remember, be patient and do your homework.
Check US websites for prices and use them as a guide to see how much you're looking to spend.

ALF487
05-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for posting all that info mate. I just had a quick look on the net and here's what i found:

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Ingalls-Camber-Kit-CL7-9-TSX-Rear-ONE-SIDE-pr-1009.html

I've ordered some stuff from them before and they're pretty good. From the info i gathered here I'll only need a rear camber kit even with a bit of drop (like your setup) The link attached is only for 1 side so it'll be $150US in total.

Did Top One do the alignment for free btw?

They dont do wheel alignment, i dont think.. i know the mechanics there, they told me to go to go to a proper wheel alignment place but wait until i have the cambet kit installed... so i dont have to get it twice

sodaz
05-05-2007, 02:34 PM
I see. I think the approx. total cost will be something like this:

1. Coilovers - $2000
2. Ingalls rear camber kit - $300
3. Installation - $170
4. Alignment - $120

Total: $2590

aaronng
05-05-2007, 04:20 PM
They dont do wheel alignment, i dont think.. i know the mechanics there, they told me to go to go to a proper wheel alignment place but wait until i have the cambet kit installed... so i dont have to get it twice

When stock, the only thing you can adjust is front toe. That's why they asked you to do it later. With the Ingalls camber kit, you get to adjust rear camber and rear toe too.

sodaz
05-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey Aaron, where did you get your FLEX installed and aligned and how much did you pay?

aaronng
05-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Hey Aaron, where did you get your FLEX installed and aligned and how much did you pay?

I did it at Pro Concept at West Ryde (NSW). Cost all up was $450. I think the breakdown of the cost is $150 for install, $250 for corner balancing and $50 for alignment.

sodaz
05-05-2007, 09:08 PM
I did it at Pro Concept at West Ryde (NSW). Cost all up was $450. I think the breakdown of the cost is $150 for install, $250 for corner balancing and $50 for alignment.

Thanks mate. I live in that area so that's perfect for me!

aaronng
06-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks mate. I live in that area so that's perfect for me!

Get the Ingalls rear camber kit before you install because you won't be able to adjust the rear camber and toe without it. If you lower without the rear camber kit, your rear camber and toe will be out, and give you issues like the car pulling to the right, even with stock 16" wheels!

Tell him Aaron recommended you, the guy with the Accord Euro, Tein Type Flex and broken EDFC motor. LOL. He does get pretty busy usually (up to the point of not returning calls), so call earlier in advance for quoting and booking.

sodaz
06-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Get the Ingalls rear camber kit before you install because you won't be able to adjust the rear camber and toe without it. If you lower without the rear camber kit, your rear camber and toe will be out, and give you issues like the car pulling to the right, even with stock 16" wheels!

Tell him Aaron recommended you, the guy with the Accord Euro, Tein Type Flex and broken EDFC motor. LOL. He does get pretty busy usually (up to the point of not returning calls), so call earlier in advance for quoting and booking.

Thanks again Aaron! I'm planning to get the rear camber kit and coilovers first this month and install them sometime next month. That way i can get them installed and aligned at the same time. I don't want to drive a single day with my car not aligned for sure.

I'll definitely remember to say that you recommended me. Did you get EDFC and it didn't work for some reason? :D

aaronng
06-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks again Aaron! I'm planning to get the rear camber kit and coilovers first this month and install them sometime next month. That way i can get them installed and aligned at the same time. I don't want to drive a single day with my car not aligned for sure.

I'll definitely remember to say that you recommended me. Did you get EDFC and it didn't work for some reason? :D

I got the EDFC (2nd hand), but one motor was broken due to a dodgy install previously. So everything was installed except the EDFC. Pro Concept helped me get a single replacement EDFC motor and now it is sitting in my living room. I'll get it installed in the future. For now, the Flex is stiff enough even at the softest setting. I don't find the need to adjust the dampers at all when driving on the street, so I won't need the EDFC for now.

BusterSonic12
07-05-2007, 08:26 AM
People..?

Do you think Tein Flex is too hard for street at softest setting? i m a daily driver,driving to & from school each day, like to do a bit of spirited driving on the weekend, and mayb track once every 4-5months. want to drop it around 3-4cm. I still can't decide if i should get the tein ss or flex. according to aaron, there are actually not much point in having the edfc at all + it is cheaper to use that money to change the setting before tracking.

What are your thoughts? :wave:

mugen88
07-05-2007, 09:31 AM
SS are pefect for street not harsh as Flex but for real gains on track Flex is better. Ask yr self how serious u r going to be on tracking yr car regularly cause there is a difference in having fun laps vs competing for serious lap times. Remember u get what u pay for.

Also EDFC is a nice to have but u can easily adust front a rears fitted with SS/Flex manually very easy on the euro, I do it quite often.

BusterSonic12
07-05-2007, 02:55 PM
some say ss is too soft. what do they mean soft? it is still stiff then oem right?

i m after more fun on track, not competing for serious lap times ^^ so i guess ss is the way to go. Also i heard that to get edfc for SS u need upper mount to do so? adjust yourself? do u need to take rims off etc etc

kitbkk
07-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Tein SS if set at maximum will be very stiff for street driving. I have had mine set at maximum for quite a while now. Well, you still get the comfort from it from my opinion. Setting the damper is quite easy as what Mugen88 said. front dampers are just super easy to get access to (take away the rubber covers). For the rear you just need to take out the cushion piece next to the rear seat and then ur set if i remember correctly.

mugen88
07-05-2007, 04:40 PM
some say ss is too soft. what do they mean soft? it is still stiff then oem right?

i m after more fun on track, not competing for serious lap times ^^ so i guess ss is the way to go. Also i heard that to get edfc for SS u need upper mount to do so? adjust yourself? do u need to take rims off etc etc

When tracking yr car u are hitting more corners more often and harder compared with street driving. Therfore the SS can feel a bit soft cause the spring rates are lower than Flex but compression and rebound tension is adjusted the same way but the flex tube is designed differently to SS from memory.

U adjust the 16 levels of compression and rebound (soft to hard) by turning a pin on the top of the strut, front and rear. You can access this with yr hood up for the fronts and access the rears by removing the side bolsters of yr rear seat. I dont have my rear bolsters bolted in as they sit pretty firm and it gives me access to adjust damping when I need too.

This is the front damper in the engine bay and the top of the SS strut adjustment pin.
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/615/eurofrontstruttopes7.th.jpg (http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eurofrontstruttopes7.jpg)

Here is a couple of shots of the rear with the euro side seat bolsters off and my large hand reaching in and adusting the compression pin.
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/881/eurorearstruttopwe5.th.jpg (http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eurorearstruttopwe5.jpg) http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/9572/eurosidebolsteryf6.th.jpg (http://img476.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eurosidebolsteryf6.jpg) http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/3798/adjustingrearstrutgk0.th.jpg (http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adjustingrearstrutgk0.jpg)

Note you get an adjustment pin tool with the coilovers but I find doing it by hand is just as easy.

Hope this helps alittle.

BusterSonic12
07-05-2007, 06:42 PM
fair enough, that sounds/ looks pretty easy.

u got a upper mount with the set of ss

BiLL|z0r
07-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks very much for the pics and explainations Mugen88. You're very helpful.
Are the SS much cheaper than Flex?
What adjustments do the Flex have that the SS don't?

BusterSonic12
07-05-2007, 09:03 PM
:wave: Tein SS with uppermount ordered from oversea. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
now just 3-4weeks wait, cos they don't have upper in stock at the moment. :p yahyah~~!!

need to get camber kit now.

ALF487
07-05-2007, 09:13 PM
bustersonic how much you gettin the SS for with delivery?

BusterSonic12
07-05-2007, 09:18 PM
cannot really compare because i'm getting it oversea.
$---- with upper mount

but i got a quote from edw-r today for $---- *w/out upper mount* but still good price compared to others

ALF487
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
nice.. you got a bargain... the only reason i got it from edw-r is bacause the product is in Australia.. any problems, they're easy to reach.. i was too scared to order from overseas.. didnt wanna risk it

BusterSonic12
07-05-2007, 09:35 PM
nice.. you got a bargain... the only reason i got it from edw-r is bacause the product is in Australia.. any problems, they're easy to reach.. i was too scared to order from overseas.. didnt wanna risk it

ya, i find his price the best. did u just ordered it like me? did u get upper mounts with it?

ALF487
07-05-2007, 09:39 PM
i got mine from edw-r, came with upper mounts.. i was going to get the SS, but decided to go with the Flex because its got more ride height adjustment.

BusterSonic12
07-05-2007, 09:44 PM
i got mine from edw-r, came with upper mounts.. i was going to get the SS, but decided to go with the Flex because its got more ride height adjustment.

ohhh but after hearing from everyone, i decided to go with ss, suit me more.

narut0
08-05-2007, 03:19 PM
:wave: Tein SS with uppermount ordered from oversea. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
now just 3-4weeks wait, cos they don't have upper in stock at the moment. :p yahyah~~!!

need to get camber kit now.

Tein SS model DSA64-KUSS2. They use OEM upper mounts?
How much did you get it for? PM me price please

BusterSonic12
08-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Tein SS model DSA64-KUSS2
They use OEM upper mounts.
How much did you get it for? cheaper than $1450?

i do not want to disclose the price, sorry :eek:
It is about $1430 + 200 for upper mount, which u get through Traders on OH
Tein SS range from $1400 - $2200... just depends who u get it from n with / without upper mount

tony1234
08-05-2007, 08:32 PM
i do not want to disclose the price, sorry :eek:
It is about $1430 + 200 for upper mount, which u get through Traders on OH
Tein SS range from $1400 - $2200... just depends who u get it from n with / without upper mount
Leon.we'll have to meet up when you get Tein SSs on,i'd be int. to see what it rides like.:p

sodaz
08-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks again for the ideas and opinions guys. I'm always amazed at how helpful ozhonda members are. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've decided to place an order for the Buddy Club N+ Coilovers and a Rear Camber Kit. I'll post a review once it's all set up. :D

turbo56k
14-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Hi guys,

I'm interested in lowering my 06 lux too. I was think maybe dropping it to 1inch. The car serve as a family car, will not be tracking what so ever. Often carry abit of weight due to 2 kids (prams and stuff in the boot). Comfort is more important then performance. Street driving (lots of speed hump). thanks in advance Any recommendation????

also would this mod stuffs up the car's warranty????

regards,

T56k

aaronng
14-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Hi guys,

I'm interested in lowering my 06 lux too. I was think maybe dropping it to 1inch. The car serve as a family car, will not be tracking what so ever. Often carry abit of weight due to 2 kids (prams and stuff in the boot). Comfort is more important then performance. Street driving (lots of speed hump). thanks in advance Any recommendation????

also would this mod stuffs up the car's warranty????

regards,

T56k
Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers are probably the way to go for your requirement. But I'm not sure how much they lower your car by. Ask Tony1234, he has that on his car.

snYpz
14-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers are probably the way to go for your requirement. But I'm not sure how much they lower your car by. Ask Tony1234, he has that on his car.
Yeh i enquired Eibach in regards to the prokit...lowers the euro 30-35mm (~1.5inch) at the front and about 30mm at the rears.
Tony1234 said he got the Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks, Eiback camber (i think) for about $2200. Hopefully i will get mine sometime later this year!! :D

sodaz
14-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey guys my suspension and camber kit has arrived! Going to install it either this week or next. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of lowering it about an inch front and back and set the suspension dampening right at the middle. Would that be a good setup for daily spirited driving (plus occasional tracking)? Since it's FF, maybe it would be better to set it firmer in the rear? I wonder if it would cause clearance problems with my cusco lower tie bar too.

ALF487
14-05-2007, 07:07 PM
what suspension did u get? and which camber kit? and may i ask how much for each? thanks =]

sodaz
14-05-2007, 07:22 PM
what suspension did u get? and which camber kit? and may i ask how much for each? thanks =]

Buddy Club N+ coilovers + Ingalls rear camber kit. Price is $1900 + $330.

tony1234
14-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeh i enquired Eibach in regards to the prokit...lowers the euro 30-35mm (~1.5inch) at the front and about 30mm at the rears.
Tony1234 said he got the Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks, Eiback camber (i think) for about $2200. Hopefully i will get mine sometime later this year!! :D
Yep.I've got that setup.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gibbo
14-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Okay - Can someone help me - I have looked on a few sites and cant find anything on the spring rates of the various springs available for the Euro... I have Pedders with Koni's at the moment but am looking for something a bit softer - The Euro needs to be more family friendly (my other half says it is too rough for her and the baby on the way) Does anyone have access to this info and can give me a factual (not personal) answer on what would be a better rated spring for the Koni's ??? Thanks guys...

tony1234
15-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Okay - Can someone help me - I have looked on a few sites and cant find anything on the spring rates of the various springs available for the Euro... I have Pedders with Koni's at the moment but am looking for something a bit softer - The Euro needs to be more family friendly (my other half says it is too rough for her and the baby on the way) Does anyone have access to this info and can give me a factual (not personal) answer on what would be a better rated spring for the Koni's ??? Thanks guys...
I can't quote you any spring rates but i'm sure if you swap out your Pedders(which i think are rebadged King springs)for Eibach or H&Rs you'll be happy with the result.Pedders/King springs are linear(firm all the way) i think whereas Eibach & H&R are progressive(softer then firm up on progression) rate.someone correct me if i'm wrong.

aaronng
15-05-2007, 10:11 AM
The spring rate should be printed on your spring.

tony1234
15-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Gibbo,call/email either Eibach or H&R distributor, they should be able to tell you.

snYpz
15-05-2007, 10:03 PM
quick question...is the tein ss softer than the flex??
whats the spring rate?

BusterSonic12
15-05-2007, 11:40 PM
whats the spring rate?

It Tein SS is softer then flex

SS- 8kg/mm front, 4kg/mm rear
Flex- 10kg/mm front, 6kg/mm rear
BC N+- 12kg/mm front, 6kg/mm rear

aaronng
15-05-2007, 11:41 PM
whats the spring rate?

Yes, SS is softer.

SS has 8kg/mm front and 4kg/mm rear.
Flex has 10kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear.

sodaz
16-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey Aaron did you drop your car at all when you installed the Flex?

Gibbo
16-05-2007, 10:46 PM
cheers to all the answers - ill be emailing and checking springs come the weekend - Thanks once againto all for your input !! :)

E-Gene
16-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Useful info from the Tein website about our Euro. Soring rates and part numbers are all there. http://www.tein.com/ti/a42.html

aaronng
17-05-2007, 02:31 AM
Hey Aaron did you drop your car at all when you installed the Flex?

I lowered my car by 2.5cm, for handling benefits.

aaronng
17-05-2007, 02:32 AM
Useful info from the Tein website about our Euro. Soring rates and part numbers are all there. http://www.tein.com/ti/a42.html

The Tein Japan website is more updated. In the USA site, it lists the SS with 10kg/6kg spring rate, the same as for Flex (which is not true).

I prefer this site: http://www.tein.co.jp/price_list/item.html

sodaz
17-05-2007, 09:11 AM
I lowered my car by 2.5cm, for handling benefits.

Cool mate. That's what i'm planning to do too. 2.5cm drop for both front and back should improve handling without causing clearance problems.

ALF487
17-05-2007, 09:14 AM
ive dropped my euro 5cm at the front and 4.5cm at the back.. i still dont have any clearance problems.. basickly the body of the car sits right on top of the wheels.. looks very nice.

aaronng
17-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Cool mate. That's what i'm planning to do too. 2.5cm drop for both front and back should improve handling without causing clearance problems.

Mine's not an exact 2.5cm at each corner though. I had the car corner balanced, so the height of each corner was reduced by 2.5cm first and then the heights further adjusted up or down by a few mm to balance the weight.

sodaz
17-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Mine's not an exact 2.5cm at each corner though. I had the car corner balanced, so the height of each corner was reduced by 2.5cm first and then the heights further adjusted up or down by a few mm to balance the weight.

I'm going to be installing my coilovers at the same place as you. I'll be doing alignment and balancing the same day so if i tell them to lower my ride height by approx 2.5cm they should know what to do right?

aaronng
17-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm going to be installing my coilovers at the same place as you. I'll be doing alignment and balancing the same day so if i tell them to lower my ride height by approx 2.5cm they should know what to do right?

Yup, when I asked them, I said 1 inch all round and corner balanced.

sodaz
17-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Yup, when I asked them, I said 1 inch all round and corner balanced.

Cheers mate! I'll have it installed sometime next week hopefully.

Suntzu
30-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Im now looking at the Acura TSX ASPEC suspension. It now about $750 AUD and about $400 for delivery so approx $1200 landed.

Does anyone have this Honda setup ? Comments?

What else is available at about this price point? Im not interested in dumping hte car or setting it up. Just want it 20% stiff with less roll. cheers

BusterSonic12
30-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Im now looking at the Acura TSX ASPEC suspension. It now about $750 AUD and about $400 for delivery so approx $1200 landed.

What else is available at about this price point? Im not interested in dumping hte car or setting it up. Just want it 20% stiff with less roll. cheers

go for the Tein SS, i think yfin has the a spec setup

tony1234
30-05-2007, 05:18 PM

Bilstein/Eibach combo.Few more $$$than Aspec but IMO the best allround setup for the Euro.:thumbsup:

Suntzu
30-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Ist that like $2200 ? A fair jump.

tony1234
30-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Ist that like $2200 ? A fair jump.
That's installed, with a rear camber kit,alignment etc.drive in drive out.

yfin
30-05-2007, 07:05 PM
^^ Not worth it - at least get fully adjustable suspension if you are going to spend $2000. The good thing with the A-Spec is price and the fact that it is tested and tuned by Honda specifically for the vehicle. You don't need a camber kit from my experience with this set up. It is much firmer than stock and I like the way it improved handling.

Suntzu
02-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Getting a very good offer on the Tein SS from a dealer here. Do i need any extras?? Whats this pillow top business?

Can anyone using the Tein SS pls PM me so I can ask a few Q's?

sodaz
02-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Getting a very good offer on the Tein SS from a dealer here. Do i need any extras?? Whats this pillow top business?

Can anyone using the Tein SS pls PM me so I can ask a few Q's?

PM Chris_F. He's got the Tein SS and is a very helpful guy.

aaronng
02-06-2007, 12:29 PM

It's the upper mount using a polyurethane spherical bushing instead of the stock rubber ring. If you don't buy it, you will have to swap you stock upper mountf of your shocks over to the SS. You'll need a spring compressor if you choose to do that. The pillowball mount improves steering response at the sacrifice of noise.

http://www.tein.com/pumnt.html

BusterSonic12
02-06-2007, 05:52 PM
my tein ss arriving on the 15th ^^ yah~~

sodaz
02-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Good stuff Buster. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. :D

snYpz
02-06-2007, 08:36 PM

kool...tell us how the tein ss is like on the euro once u install! :cool:

E-Gene
02-06-2007, 08:43 PM

Where did you get this great offer? Can I get it too? :thumbsup:

BusterSonic12
13-06-2007, 01:54 PM
it will be at my house this coming friday, but need to wait for the camberkit from us also which will be here next week.

i m planning to DIY with ben since he's quite pro at it and installed coilovers before, but i need to get it align after that, would it be much dmg to my tyres if i drive around 15km without align.

with the tein ss, what damper setting would u recommend for street use (generally a spirited driver =p) and how low to go to not lose performance?

tony1234
13-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Good stuff Leon.We'll have to meet up and compare suspension setups as i'd be interested to see what your car rides/handles like as i haven't driven a car with coilovers.PS.you can drive mine as well if you like!!!Driving 15 kms to get alignment will be no problem.

BusterSonic12
13-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Good stuff Leon.We'll have to meet up and compare suspension setups as i'd be interested to see what your car rides/handles like as i haven't driven a car with coilovers.PS.you can drive mine as well if you like!!!:p

mine's auto!! but if u don't mind, sure lol

sodaz
13-06-2007, 07:57 PM
it will be at my house this coming friday, but need to wait for the camberkit from us also which will be here next week.

i m planning to DIY with ben since he's quite pro at it and installed coilovers before, but i need to get it align after that, would it be much dmg to my tyres if i drive around 15km without align.

with the tein ss, what damper setting would u recommend for street use (generally a spirited driver =p) and how low to go to not lose performance?

Good stuff Buster. Don't forget to take DIY pics! :cool:

Driving 15km without alignment should be fine, but i wouldn't drive more than that. Install everything in one hit (including camber kit) and get a full alignment done and you should be good to go.

Regarding the damper settings, go full soft and move up from there until you find a point you are comfortable with. I'd drop it about an inch or so front and back but not more as you might encounter clearance issues with the lower tie bar over speed bumps. I've bent mine slightly already and I only dropped it about 3cm.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

BusterSonic12
14-06-2007, 09:41 AM
got it today at 6:55am:confused:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/bustersonic12/Tein%20Super%20Street%20Coilover/DSC04247.jpghttp://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/bustersonic12/Tein%20Super%20Street%20Coilover/DSC04248.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/bustersonic12/Tein%20Super%20Street%20Coilover/DSC04250.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/bustersonic12/Tein%20Super%20Street%20Coilover/DSC04259.jpghttp://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/bustersonic12/Tein%20Super%20Street%20Coilover/DSC04253.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/bustersonic12/Tein%20Super%20Street%20Coilover/DSC04259.jpghttp://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/bustersonic12/Tein%20Super%20Street%20Coilover/DSC04260.jpg

Suntzu
14-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Which one SS? Flex? CS? How long did it take to come and did you buy it from a trader here?

aaronng
14-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Read his post:

enkay
14-06-2007, 02:09 PM
lol nice buy busta, wish i had money for coilovers! lol =P

BusterSonic12
14-06-2007, 02:22 PM
arrived in hk from japan on friday, sent from hk to aus on tuesday, arrived today so 2 days only.

^ more photos added ^

it is tein super street with the optional upper mount. i will install it once i get my camber kit, it is on its way from usa right now. should be here tomorrow or sometime next week.

Which one SS? Flex? CS? How long did it take to come and did you buy it from a trader here?

no i didn't get the suspension from a trader on OH, i got from Top Racing (HK) but i waited a month because they did not have the upper mount in stock.

Pumped
14-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Nice :-)

stephen8512
14-06-2007, 02:27 PM
haha leon
watever happened to "im not modding until i finish my HSC cuz my parents want me to finish that before any more modding" or was that all bs?
nice coilovers however. will look good with the drop

aaronng
14-06-2007, 02:47 PM
haha leon
watever happened to "im not modding until i finish my HSC cuz my parents want me to finish that before any more modding" or was that all bs?
nice coilovers however. will look good with the drop

Haha, I think he ordered this before his mum put her foot down (on his wallet). LOL!

Nice SS! Not many SS owners go for the upper pillow mount too!

stephen8512
14-06-2007, 02:55 PM
hmmm really? cuz i remember he was still debating whether to get my headers or sussy but wasnt gonna get neither cuz of what his parents said about HSC?

u'll never kick the habit leon! hahaha im telin ya ur gonna keep goin and goin and goin. its a neverending cycle of pouring $ after $ after $ for mods LOL

u just need some better rims and a kit perhaps and u should be sweet

aaronng
14-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I was just guessing. LOL. Especially considering how quick he is progressing with his mods. He will soon be one of the most modded auto Euros around. :)

tony1234
14-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Modding,it's a disease.

BusterSonic12
14-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Tein Super Street w/ upper mount
Where: Top Racing (hong kong) 2770 4812 *mongkok* or 2311 1668 *kowloon bay*
Price: don't want to disclose, but cheaper than getting here even tho i sent it by air mail which only took 2 days, but like i said before i had to wait for a month tho because the upper mount of out of stock.

Ingalls Camber/Toe Kit
Where: Ebay Seller (US)
Price: $230 (inc kit + shipping) 5-10days, extra $40usd u can get express post.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-HONDA-ACCORD-ACURA-TL-TSX-INGALLS-REAR-CAMBER-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33581QQihZ013QQitem Z230101696267QQtcZphoto

which vendor did you get the tein ss from? and if you dont mind me asking how much?
also what camber kit you git and where did you get it from?
thinking of doing exactly the same as you basically!
have you got a link for your HK supplier so that I may enquire? Maybe a link for the ebay camber as well?
let me know how it goes

cheers

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/bustersonic12/Tein%20Super%20Street%20Coilover/DSC04262.jpghttp://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/bustersonic12/Tein%20Super%20Street%20Coilover/DSC04263.jpghttp://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/bustersonic12/Tein%20Super%20Street%20Coilover/DSC04264.jpg

BusterSonic12
14-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Good stuff Buster. Don't forget to take DIY pics! :cool:

Driving 15km without alignment should be fine, but i wouldn't drive more than that. Install everything in one hit (including camber kit) and get a full alignment done and you should be good to go.

Regarding the damper settings, go full soft and move up from there until you find a point you are comfortable with. I'd drop it about an inch or so front and back but not more as you might encounter clearance issues with the lower tie bar over speed bumps. I've bent mine slightly already and I only dropped it about 3cm.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

sure will take some photos as i go along, not sure about instruction tho since i m noob in this area lol because i will keep on bugging ben about it. But i need to wait for my camber kit to come in first. i got advan tyres, so i don't wanna just burn them up meaninglessly lol but ya i need to drive around 15km to get to the bobjane.

i thinking about 3cm too. yes i will play around with the damper and see what feels best then decide on it.

sodaz
14-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Modding,it's a disease.

Modding is crack for sure. Once you pop you can't stop lol.

tony1234
15-06-2007, 07:42 AM
sure will take some photos as i go along, not sure about instruction tho since i m noob in this area lol because i will keep on bugging ben about it. But i need to wait for my camber kit to come in first. i got advan tyres, so i don't wanna just burn them up meaninglessly lol but ya i need to drive around 15km to get to the bobjane.

i thinking about 3cm too. yes i will play around with the damper and see what feels best then decide on it.
3cm drop will be good.I think you've got 16 settings to play around with from soft to hard.:D

Merlin086
15-06-2007, 09:10 AM

I'm running SS and personally I found that a setting of 8 (midway) on the damper adjustment is about the same as stock.
So you have a pretty equal amount of adjustment either way from stock. I have my rear set at 9 and my front at 7 due to the bumpy roads I drive on as it seems a little more forgiving in the steering.
I suggest that you start with a midway setting of 8 and fine tune from there. (16 is bone jarring! )
I have a drop of 5cm and I've had a couple of scrapes, so 3cm will probably safer regarding driveways, speedbumps etc.
Good choice, I can't complain...........:thumbsup:

Suntzu
15-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Merlin,

are you getting any noises from the suspension after a bit of long term usage? Ive heard of this from the tsx forum.

Also did you get the upper pillow mount or use exisitng? And do you have the Rear Sway Bar?

Does the car tramline more or less now? My euro is about 2 years old and the stock suspension seems to be getting worse in regards to tramlining and bump soaking.

Did you use a camber kit and if so what model and did you fit the suspension yourself?

Lots of questions !

cheers

russ

Merlin086
15-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Merlin,

are you getting any noises from the suspension after a bit of long term usage? Ive heard of this from the tsx forum.

Also did you get the upper pillow mount or use exisitng? And do you have the Rear Sway Bar?

Does the car tramline more or less now? My euro is about 2 years old and the stock suspension seems to be getting worse in regards to tramlining and bump soaking.

Did you use a camber kit and if so what model and did you fit the suspension yourself?

Lots of questions !

cheers

russ

Ok....firstly no noises whatsoever from the front suspension, and no I don't have the top pillow mounts.
I had them fitted by a mechanic ( I hate doing mechanical work!) for approx $100.
I then adjused to my preferable height.

Next stop was a suspension shop to fit the Whiteline sway bar and Ingalls camber kit followed by a wheel alignment.

I had noticed some minor tramlining before, but almost non-existent now. Although I did change my rims to Advanti 17x7 ( with a 45mm offset), so I think this had a beneficial effect on the tramlining too, as the rim change was prior to the coilovers etc.

I've done about 13k's on the Tein SS so far.

aaronng
15-06-2007, 04:59 PM

It's probably because of your tyres wearing down and hardening due to age.

Also, if you get the upper pillowball mount, that will cause noise from the suspension when going over sharp road defects like perpendicular grooves.

BusterSonic12
16-06-2007, 02:23 AM
Hi,

Just got a quote from topracing for $5700HK or about $870 aud.

What did he charge you for freight?

I take if from you post they are a reliable supplier yes?

cheer!

they can do it for you but i m not sure how much, u can ask them because i got my auntie to post it for me. Yes they are a reliable supplier. If u from hk, u should of heard of them since they are one of the more performance based shop + workshops. Lots of cars in Option Fans (car mag) feature top racing modded cars.

sodaz
17-06-2007, 06:30 PM
My Cusco lower tie bar has been scraped again from yet another speed bump and now it's touching the header and making noises. I had it removed last night. The bar is made of very light alloy and can be damaged pretty easily. If it was made of another material (e.g steel) it might stand up to abuse a bit better.

After removing the bar, the front feels less stiff now with a larger dead spot in the centre. However, i did notice that the car turns a fair bit easier now, with less understeer overall. Now I'm wondering if the bar actually increases understeer.

I'm still undecided on whether I should get another one. :confused:

aaronng
17-06-2007, 06:40 PM
My Cusco lower tie bar has been scraped again from yet another speed bump and now it's touching the header and making noises. I had it removed last night. The bar is made of very light alloy and can be damaged pretty easily. If it was made of another material (e.g steel) it might stand up to abuse a bit better.

After removing the bar, the front feels less stiff now with a larger dead spot in the centre. However, i did notice that the car turns a fair bit easier now, with less understeer overall. Now I'm wondering if the bar actually increases understeer.

I'm still undecided on whether I should get another one. :confused:

That's right. The bar is made out of aluminium which is soft. But it is better to bend the bar than to bend your subframe. Stiffening up the front does increase understeer.

ALN
17-06-2007, 07:15 PM
IF you wanna make sure that Tein coilover doesn't make noise just buy the top mount from Mr Heeltoe in acura-tsx forum. They sell the top mount which similar to stock and have rubber layer between coil and the top mount.

Suntzu
20-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys. Based on this I ordered today:

Tein SS
Ingalls Camber Kit
Whiteline RSB
Cusco Strut Tower Brace

Got some decent prices so I went for it.

Cant wait to get it all done at once. It should be a dramatic difference.

Im glad I did it right the first time.

FTR I did try to get Eibach + Bilstein/Koni yellow but it was $about $400 more expensive and couldnt get the parts till next financial year. So I grabbed the teins.

I'll let you know how it goes in my mod log thread here http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69193&goto=newpost

cheers

Merlin086
21-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Good choice and combo..

:thumbsup:

Suntzu
25-06-2007, 09:16 AM
My gear has started to arrive. The tein ss took about 4 days. Not bad. Looks the goods. Will report in when fitted.

BusterSonic12
25-06-2007, 12:08 PM
got my Tein SS w/ upper mount installed with Ben. took around 3 hours. Getting it align as i typing right now. I will give some feedback on them once they are align.

Suntzu
25-06-2007, 08:12 PM
One question. My Tein SS comes with a manual and stickers on the struts that say CL7 ? Is this normal? ie is the CL7 and CL9 the same package/compatible??

sodaz
25-06-2007, 08:15 PM
One question. My Tein SS comes with a manual and stickers on the struts that say CL7 ? Is this normal? ie is the CL7 and CL9 the same package/compatible??

Yep exactly the same. Nothing to worry about. CL7 = Euro R, CL9 = Accord Euro.

Suntzu
25-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Ok thats sweet. Takes my mind off it.

My camber kit may be a bit late. My install for the tein ss ( using existing pillow mounts as mine is Jap Spec) is on this thursday.

My question is , if I get the tein installed and the RSB and then the alignment in the afternoon but have to wait a week later or so for the Ingalls Camber kit, will this screw up my alignment settings in terms of Toe etc? cheers

sodaz
25-06-2007, 08:27 PM

My camber kit may be a bit late. My install for the tein ss ( using existing pillow mounts as mine is Jap Spec) is on this thursday.

My question is , if I get the tein installed and the RSB and then the alignment in the afternoon but have to wait a week later or so for the Ingalls Camber kit, will this screw up my alignment settings in terms of Toe etc? cheers

I think you should wait for the camber kit to arrive and install everything in one go and then get an alignment. That way you won't have to do it twice.
Your rear camber will definitely be off if you lower the car.

aaronng
25-06-2007, 09:01 PM

You don't have pillow mounts. The stock mounts use a rubber ring bushing.

If you are getting an alignment without having the Ingalls kit installed, the only thing you can adjust is front toe. And that doesn't really change a lot when lowered. What changes is your rear camber and toe, which you need the Ingalls kit to adjust.