PDA

View Full Version : right mirror doesn't move left and right

quang
28-04-2007, 07:33 PM
hi guys, a little help, i got a 96 vti-r and my electric right mirror doesn't move side to side when i push the button, the left mirror is fine and so is the up and down movement, this only came up recently. anyone had this happen before?
thanks

shadou
28-04-2007, 07:39 PM
try pushing the left and right side of the mirror back, don't use force as it will break easily I've tried it before :P

quang
28-04-2007, 09:25 PM
yeah, ive tried that, nothing, a few days after it happened the mirror started working again but now is gone bum again. the motors not dead or anything, could it be a wire connection thing?

shadou
29-04-2007, 12:41 AM
don't think so, I remember when my old civic played up like that I had the same problem but I broke the mirror trying to push it back in :p so I had to order a new one and replace it (**** of a job with the little pin) anyway there was 2 white ribbed sticks on the back of it with a rubber gromet? I think that was pushed out and was behind it not moving side to side with the adjust pad.

paddy13
29-05-2007, 03:39 PM
I've got the same problem on my 97 vti-r.

Although my mirrors are after market so i thought it was just how they were fitted....

Nick.
31-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Hi there,

Open your door as far as you can and look at the wiring loom that goes from the A-pillar to the door.
I think you will find that 10 years of opening and closing the door has rubbed through the protective sheath AND through the wires that control the mirror.

The fix is easy in theory, however access is not-so-easy!
I ran a piggyback loom for the two wires that were broken.
My hands are still recovering after working in such confined space.

Let us know how you go.

Regards,
Nick

quang
01-06-2007, 02:17 PM
thanks, will do, got exams at the moment so it will have to wait

Blulude98
02-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Behind the mirror glass there is a plastic casing with two little motors inside.
One of them would be burnt out for sure.
Not hard to change you need some brains to work out how to strip it, a motor that you could buy from an electronic store and a soldering iron. took me 5 minutes to fix on my EG.
If you lived in Melbourne i could have done it for you.