PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Seal Around Windows

rhysporter
28-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Im selling my Civic now i lost my license so im prettying it up as much as i can before it goes.
The seals around the windows and windscreen are all cracked and ones actually missing so i want to get a new set of them... Does anyone know where i should start looking? Because the few wreckers i called last week only had cracked and faded ones...

Thanks
Rhys

EK4R
29-04-2007, 12:29 AM
if you real deal. go to honda. its going to cost quiet abit from my past experience with honda.

however, i would suggest trying Clark Rubber first and have and look there. im sure they can make something for you and for a decent price too!

good luck

rhysporter
29-04-2007, 12:36 AM
I'll try Clark Rubber then, would they really make them to fit?

Rice_4_life
29-04-2007, 01:26 AM
can't you buy it at honda and just incorporate the cost into the price for the civic? I'm sure buyers would appeal to new rubber seals.

steve88
29-04-2007, 12:13 PM
if i knew he jacked up the price lets say $200 for seals i would ask him too "waive" it as part of negotiations. better cost him $50 (prob less) at clark rubber rather than risk being set back whatever honda charge him

rhysporter
29-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Lol i keep thinking that i'll just drive down and see what Clark Rubber can do but ARGH!!!

If you guys had the choice between selling a 92 civic, and buying a stock Prelude Si n 3 months...

Or, keeping the civic and spending a grand or 2 on upgrades etc...

Which would you choose?

steve88
29-04-2007, 02:31 PM
prelude for sure! Si = dohc engine, what would be your cash adjustment
i doubt ud spent 2k on the 92 civic unless you got alot of damage on it.

look a buying a used car is buying new problems right? thats the only thing id think of from stopping u getting a prelude. i mean you know whats wrong with your 92 civic

make sure this prelude you gets in decent condition, you dont wanna be like me getting a civic about $2k cheaper than usual but know that the gearbox is on its way out :p ok granted i probably saved about $1500 but its a real pain in the ass

rhysporter
29-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Ok, well i payed $4500 for the civic with breeze engine...
I put the new engine in for $1800

It needs a respray which i can get for $600
Then i want to do a leather interior etc (I can do that myself).. custom decal job on the side... spend a few hundred on audio... basically rice it up... then add a few performance things etc...

A Prelude Si i could pick up for like
$7-8grand if i go for over 200,000k's... theres one in the next suburb for $5200!

Wats the 4WS like? lol...

How much would i get for the civic you reckon, If it was sprayed...

panda[cRx]
30-04-2007, 02:04 PM
just get the seals from honda, they're generally still available for the older cars. some may require the dealer to get it in from japan which can take a couple weeks

Vidospace
30-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Damn! $600 for a respray? Thats very cheap. I would hazard a guess and say you would be cleaning up the overspray for years to come. LOL

95civic
30-04-2007, 02:13 PM
How much do the seals cost??

;1151032']just get the seals from honda, they're generally still available for the older cars. some may require the dealer to get it in from japan which can take a couple weeks

90LAN
30-04-2007, 02:57 PM
i would keep the eg for sure !
just do the things u said u were going to do the see if u are happy with it
the 4ws on the prelude is a pain in the butt if u bump a kerb or damage a sensor it will cost u a arm and leg to fix
it only aids u on slow cornering and for parking purposes

steve88
30-04-2007, 03:27 PM
i hope by the $600 respray u mean ur related too the panelbeater or something that'll do a proper job because $600 is generally a very ghetto respray job

rhysporter
30-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Its being painted by Slimer... He's meant to be pretty good, ive seen some of his cars and he does a decent job.

Im doing all prep work though: Sanding, filling dents, stripping accessories and masking... All he has to do it spray it...

Decided to keep the EG... mainly cos i will like it much more than a stock Prelude... and cos it costs like $25 a week in petrol lol...

creativepunka
01-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Im doing all prep work though: Sanding, filling dents, stripping accessories and masking... All he has to do it spray it...
Decided to keep the EG... mainly cos i will like it much more than a stock Prelude..

All the prep work is the biggest pain in the ass lol. Yep eg civics are way cooler than preludes:thumbsup:

Tap.Ris
02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
hey dude, if u can get someone to send the weather strip over from US. eBay is prolly the best deal u can get - check this out http://stores.ebay.com/HONDA-PARTS-HEAVEN

BLKek
02-05-2007, 11:05 PM
If you know a panel beater then see if they can tack the rubber seals to their trade account with honda, then fix the guy up and voila...

rhysporter
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
If i knew a panel beater a lot of my problems would be solved lol..

What would be the price difference between gloss black and metallic gun metal re-sprays?