PDA

View Full Version : ek4 Engine rebuilds

Limbo
29-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi just wanted some feedback from ek4 drivers in relation to standard engine rebuilds for our b16a

Main thing is where you got it done, how much it cost and if you think it was a good job. Also any tips you might have in relation to rebuilds. Looking at the cost/effeciency VS a performance rebuild

hyrpm
29-04-2007, 08:45 PM
give hannys in smithfield a call they do pretty cheap std rebuilds

PHAT1
02-05-2007, 09:35 PM
if tou want rebuild its cheaper to get a second hand engine.it depends on how much work you want done.ranges from $2k to$10k totally upto you.second hand is about $1500

misteR_bilzz
02-05-2007, 09:46 PM
i dont think thats correct PHAT1.

TODA is offering STD rebuilds for b16 and b18s from $3000..

---
B16A – B18C std engine rebuild package
From $3000** (Check & repair engine builds for less)
Turn time 1~2 weeks

Included parts:
HONDA genuine parts – upper engine gasket kit (VRS) / Lower engine gasket kit / oil filter / piston rings / pistons (if required NB: $500 cost increase)/ water pump / timing belt /
Other manufacturer parts – engine bearings / sump baffle

Included processes:
Hot tank clean cylinder block
Bore & or hone – dummy head used - plataeu hone
Deck cylinder block – as required
Linnish ~ grind crankshaft as required.
Full cylinder head overhaul – includes 3 angle valve cut & pressure test
--

if u were to get a workshop like hannys or something im sure you could get cheaper.

fatboyz39
04-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Cost would be abouts 3-3.5k. Our type R motor has been rebuilt, i would have to say the quality is good, made the power which a stock R motor would do out of factory.

STOCK
04-05-2007, 04:43 PM
no point, sell me your motor cheap and get a b18c =)

bennjamin
04-05-2007, 04:46 PM
what makes you think you need a rebuild ?

Spun a bearing ?
Coming up to 250,000kms ?

hyrpm
04-05-2007, 11:20 PM
rebuilding it is better than buyin secnd hand as the rebuilt engine will be like new and you dont know how good the second hand engine is and like said give hannys a call standard rebuild should be a bit over $1000 not over $2000 as i asked for my crx and he quoted $1200

chrisyuym
05-05-2007, 08:45 PM
I would prefer to rebuild my engine rather than getting a 2nd hand one, cost you never know if the 2nd engine that u go for may have the same or even more serious problem than urs.
and one guy said is true, to rebuild urs can make sure it will work like new.(at least have 90-95% new. and what if u buy the shit 2nd engine and the money u need to spend for the labour will be a lot! so, think twice!!

Limbo
07-05-2007, 11:56 PM
nothing wrong with engine. Just wondering if i turboed it and blew the engine how much it would cost to rebuild it.

Was only gonna run 6PSI max boost so wasn't gonna rebuild the engine now.

SO i though i'd ask if anyone actually rebuilt their engines, and their opinions

STOCK
08-05-2007, 11:04 AM
depends on how you "blow" the engine..

broken rod through the block?
melted piston?
cracked piston?
scuffed cylinders from broken ringlands?
burnt valves?

too many variables for a blown engine scenario for anyone to give a re-build cost.

Budget anywhere from $1000 upwards to get hannys to get it sorted

BlitZ
08-05-2007, 11:33 AM
depends on how you "blow" the engine..

broken rod through the block?
melted piston?
cracked piston?
scuffed cylinders from broken ringlands?
burnt valves?

too many variables for a blown engine scenario for anyone to give a re-build cost.

Budget anywhere from $1000 upwards to get hannys to get it sorted

:thumbsup: to above
hole through the block will cost alittle more.. new sleeves cost abit too for it to be done coreectly.. ringlans are the cheapest...

take your pick

Limbo
08-05-2007, 03:47 PM
just the usual ring blown, high oil consumption.
I'm only looking at little boost so just a worn engine rebuild