PDA

View Full Version : DA9 Accellerator cable

sikisdr69
29-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi Guys

Just want to know if a DA9 accelerator cable can be shortened and if so how, has anyone ever done anything like this before, As some of you might know the accelerator cable comes all the way in front of the engine loops around and comes back to the throttle body, now my wore is very fraid so i was thinking can i shorten it also miss that whole loop around, let me know if it can be done, as my other option is to get another accelerator cable but it will also cosmetise to lose that long run as it does look like a quick solution they found

iamhappy46
30-04-2007, 09:06 AM
It can be done but shortening the cable can lead to the cable kinking inside the sheath, as the tight bends cause the strands to seperate and grab. A new cable can be bought for under $80 while you will find that having the existing cable modified will cost you a lot more than $80...

stocky
30-04-2007, 09:11 AM
The Integra VTiR cable is shorter and doesnt circle the valve cover

Picking one up at the wreckers would be an easier option.

sikisdr69
30-04-2007, 09:21 AM
but does the vtir cable work for the da9

stocky
30-04-2007, 02:41 PM
It'll be too short if you use stock da9 manifold. Try looking at a gsi or itr one then.

but does the vtir cable work for the da9

sikisdr69
30-04-2007, 06:46 PM
im using a bbk ssi manifold the one that SKREMN had if you know which one that is

sikisdr69
30-04-2007, 08:09 PM
anyone else that can help me

XB-16-AX
02-05-2007, 12:20 AM
try using EF/ED CRX, Civic or even Concerto Accel cables.

just go to a wrecker and tell them that you want to test trial fit it, best bet would be get a DA9 accel cable and other ones from the mentioned above, and see which ones shorter!..

at least then u can physically see which is the shorter one! FTW!!

i had a simliar situation but it was for the clutch cable, turns out that the concerto ones are longer so now im using DA9 clutch cable, same terminology just different parts :)

sikisdr69
02-05-2007, 09:17 PM
thanks for that ill try that when i get the car on the road i guess, but has anyone else tried anything similar

sikisdr69
07-05-2007, 10:56 PM
common you da freeks you got to have tried or heard something

ACTI0NMAN-1
08-05-2007, 06:32 PM
you need the length to be the stock size to prevent kinking. there are no other options as you require all throttle cables to make a large loop.
shortening that loop would create extra friction on the cable as well as possible kinks.
you can loop it under the intake manifold but it will still be the same length and looks messier.

SKREMN
22-06-2007, 08:55 PM
hey man when i had that manifold i had a short cable on it, it was very short
and i got a cable mount of a dc5 coz it has to sit in the reverse mode

what throttle body you running?

how is ya car going anyway?

i got the cable cut it up sorter and re crimped it

very easy but got no more pix sorry the car is long gone