PDA

View Full Version : Guest Searching disabled

wynode
29-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi all,

Just letting you know that i've disabled searching by guests in an effort to reduce the load on the server (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63197).

There's a few other things that will be happening on the server side of things to see how we go. If all else fails I might look at getting a dedicated hosting setup....but that's not confirmed yet!

Bayani
29-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Good thinking Wyn! :p

matt
30-04-2007, 08:52 PM
i've been having a bit of a problem searching recently, i dunno if its related to server load like this thread but seemed the approporiate place to post.

problem is as follows...
-im logged in and can view all the sections ok including the lounge, for sale etc.
-if i search or hit 'new posts' it comes up with the log in screen again
-enter details and hit 'log in' but it brings me back to the log in screen
-if i click back to the forum index im still logged in

even if i search or 'new posts' when im in a section thats not veiwable until im logged in will do the same thing.

would this just be because of server load???

im using safari on macOSX and have cleared cache and history.

chunky
30-04-2007, 09:23 PM
but what about the guests :(
the poor helpless guests that dont have a say

wynode
30-04-2007, 10:28 PM
i've been having a bit of a problem searching recently, i dunno if its related to server load like this thread but seemed the approporiate place to post.

problem is as follows...
-im logged in and can view all the sections ok including the lounge, for sale etc.
-if i search or hit 'new posts' it comes up with the log in screen again
-enter details and hit 'log in' but it brings me back to the log in screen
-if i click back to the forum index im still logged in

even if i search or 'new posts' when im in a section thats not veiwable until im logged in will do the same thing.

would this just be because of server load???

im using safari on macOSX and have cleared cache and history.
Sounds like a cookie problem. Has the cookie monster been on your PC lately?

On a more serious note......try clicking the "Remember me" tick box when you login next :)