PDA

View Full Version : ITR muffler on EK

vtc
30-06-2004, 07:01 PM
Has anoyone seen this done before? or know what i have to modify? or even if it fits? I just got my hands on one and DAMMM i didnt knw the muffler was so big. Anyway do they fit? anyone know for a fact? and what do i need to do to make it fit? Pictures?

Any help will be appreciated. Going to muffler shop tomorrow. I just want to sleep easier to knw that i didnt waste my money.

Vic

joneblaze
30-06-2004, 08:56 PM
www.honda-tech.com
SEARCH.
I'm pretty sure I've seen them on an EK. Have seen them fitted to many USDM EG's for certain.

vtc
30-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Hey man..

U come with the complete service hey? The product and what to do with it.. Ive been searching forever and started to get worried.. Well ive had some success on that site. It says it can be done but i need to nip the tip becasue it is way too long.. i guess thats not a big deal.

But i tell ya wat... It will be one mighty tight fit..

Thanks again..

Vic

joneblaze
30-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Yeah, on alot of hatches EG and EK the ITR muffler tip "has" to be cut a little shorter, as it sticks out funny, like Mugen Twinloops on some Hondas. You can just slice it flat like a cannon tip, or angled again, like OEM ITR. See what others have to say. I think MRJDM might have an ITR muffler on his EK VTi. Might want to drop him a PM if he doesn't see this thread.

A'PEXi
30-06-2004, 11:57 PM
i know people who have had an ITR muffler on the EK, so yes it does fit, but whether modification is required i am not sure.

EG5
01-07-2004, 12:09 AM
modification is required , but yes it will fit..
you need to chop the tip or otherwise it will sticks out

vtc
01-07-2004, 12:53 AM
thanks for the replies guys.. im sleeping easy tonight...

well how about suggestions.. Angle cut tip like it is now.. or straight cut?

The rear bar is stock and i might be getting a rear type-r lip
which will look better you think?

Vic

TOYOL
01-07-2004, 02:17 AM
Fitted it b4 on my EK coupe. No mods needed.

LatinoHatchCrap
01-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Fitted it b4 on my EK coupe. No mods needed.
This is on a coupe
http://www.coresupreme.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10032/normal_wMzc0MjUxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%253D.jpg

This is a CTR muffler. no hassles no probs fitting
http://www.coresupreme.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10032/normal_P8310015.jpg

http://www.coresupreme.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10032/normal_ITRmuff.jpg

In the last pic the guy ****ed up the tip :thumbsdown: your supposed to cut the tip and reweld it to the muffler. It should looks as clean as the CTR if done properly.

vtc
01-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey latinohatchcrap.

You rock! i dont know how you found those pictures but ive seriously spent hours looking for them and found nothing. What is your point in the last picture? Should i get the shop to cut the inside tip? and then reweld the big tip to the muffler?

TOYOL
01-07-2004, 02:02 PM
It would be a good idea to cut the piping between the flange and box. Last time someone cut the tip and rewelded it on, it turned out crooked. So i had to get anotherone.

TOYOL
01-07-2004, 02:05 PM
It is also different if you have a CTR or ITR one. The CTR one is shorter.
The first pic is a ITR one off a DC2.
The second one is a CTR one.. notice the tip is shorter.
If compared side to side, even the box is shorter.

vtc
01-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey guys..

Just came back from the exhaust shop and they said it dont fit!!!!
They said they couldnt fit it in cause it was way too big. The pictures on top are of an EK sedan and Eg hatches... anyone know for certain they fit on EK hatches? It looks to be it was a very tight fit or too small..

My car is lowered as well.. but it just seems even the length is too long.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

LatinoHatchCrap
01-07-2004, 05:41 PM

Ek with CTR style rear lip:
http://www.coresupreme.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10032/normal_fc114d0d.jpg

You should test fit it yourself. Some places wont do exactly what you want them to do. Jack-up the car's ass already.

vtc
01-07-2004, 05:51 PM
does that green civic have an ITR exhaust? i cant really see..

TOYOL
01-07-2004, 06:59 PM
does that green civic have an ITR exhaust? i cant really see..

Yes it is.
It will definately fit, Just needs some work and mods.

MrPlow
01-07-2004, 09:45 PM
would you gain anything having a type r muffler on a ek rather then the stock ek muffler?

will it sound any differant?

TOYOL
01-07-2004, 09:53 PM
It has better flow and sounds a little lower.

joneblaze
01-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah, not much Stevo. Just a nicer note and phatter lookin tip. If you had a catback or full zorst it would flow alot better too, but that's about it.

vtc, you have to learn to search forums better. :) Try searching the "archived" threads on Honda-tech, and not just Recent. :)

vtc
01-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Yeah... im still learning the ropes of all this forum stuff.. my 10 posts vs your 2500 posts.. i just coudlnt find anything at all.. thought that this swap was alot more popular then it actually is.

LatinoHatchCrap
01-07-2004, 11:23 PM
its ok to bring the information from other sites to OUR site. wouldnt you agree?

joneblaze
01-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Yeah... im still learning the ropes of all this forum stuff.. my 10 posts vs your 2500 posts.. i just coudlnt find anything at all.. thought that this swap was alot more popular then it actually is.
Dude I wasn't being a dick. Just giving advice on how to search a little more throughly. Btw, my "2500" posts are on this forum, not Honda-tech or any other. :)

LHC: of course. :)

LatinoHatchCrap
01-07-2004, 11:35 PM
.. thought that this swap was alot more popular then it actually is.

Just jack up your car take your old muffler out (10mm bolts, spray the rubber hangers with wd40) and put both mufflers side by side. Theres no better way to test fit it. But without doing this Im telling you that the only modification you'll need is to chop the tip and reweld it to to the muffler without the connecting section thats between the muffler and the tip.

IMO these catbacks (ITR/CTR) kick ass! I was lucky to source one for myself and I love the dam thing!! its quiet, ss, mandrel bent and it was "very" affordable. For a lightly modded street car its all you'll eva need.

OEM honda gets a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: from me

vtc
02-07-2004, 12:25 AM
LHC: Yeah thats exactly what i wanted to do. A clean yet reasonable exhaust for the car. Just suprised when the muffler shop said it wont fit..

joneblaze: yeah im not mad or nothn..im pretty laid back.. just suprised at how shit my searching skills are.. but no joke i went through about 4-5 forums looking for info. There were bits and pieces here and there. nothn special. Then LHC comes along with all these pictures! And i thought google was my best friend!

Civic Type R
02-07-2004, 11:50 AM
as it sticks out funny, like Mugen Twinloops on some Hondas..
you lookin at me lol ! :twisted:

VTEChnique
02-07-2004, 04:48 PM
ITR is 2" mandrel - you cant go wrong for NA.. but is more of a bolt-on to EG's than EK's though yeah you CAN make it fit, but may end up costing similar to a whole custom system after all the extra labour. best bet if you are EK, is to keep the muffler, get custom cat-to-axle piping and as someone else said, re-weld the tip - not cut..

joneblaze
02-07-2004, 05:32 PM
ITR is 2" mandrel - you cant go wrong for NA.. but is more of a bolt-on to EG's than EK's though yeah you CAN make it fit, but may end up costing similar to a whole custom system after all the extra labour. best bet if you are EK, is to keep the muffler, get custom cat-to-axle piping and as someone else said, re-weld the tip - not cut..
AFAIK the ITR catback is around 2.38" mandrel bent, not 2". The 2" bottleneck is at the muffler inlet.

LatinoHatchCrap
02-07-2004, 09:58 PM

On an EK hatch the ITR b-pipe will fit lengthwise if you are utilizing the stock hatchback's catalytic converter/exhaust manifold.
If you have an aftermarket header that replaces the D16y7 exhaust/cat manifold and you expect to get a catalytic converter underneath your car instead.. then you'll have to get it shortened.

To be exact the sizes are:
2.146" B-pipe @ flange after 2nd resonator
2.236" ITR B-pipe before 2nd resonator
2.251" ITR B-pipe after cat
thats OD.

One last point I wish to make is that a full catback which would come anywhere near the quality of an OEM ITR/CTR system would have to be TIG welded, fully stanless steel and mandrel bent plus a muffler and one or two ss resonators. Someone do the math already :D

Joe

Taxi-R
03-07-2004, 01:47 AM
They said they couldnt fit it in cause it was way too big. The pictures on top are of an EK sedan and Eg hatches...

from what i understand, all ek mufflers are the same (sedan/hatch/coupe) just the tip is diff with regards to the length...yeah?

joneblaze
03-07-2004, 04:40 AM
They said they couldnt fit it in cause it was way too big. The pictures on top are of an EK sedan and Eg hatches...

from what i understand, all ek mufflers are the same (sedan/hatch/coupe) just the tip is diff with regards to the length...yeah?

I thought he was referring to an ITR muffler not fitting on his EK? :roll:

LatinoHatchCrap
03-07-2004, 09:07 AM

Did you read all the posts before typing in :? ??
HES WANTING TO FIT A ITR MUFFLER TO HIS EK B-PIPE!!!
I swear some people in this forum cant bloody read before typing :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Taxi-R
03-07-2004, 05:00 PM

Did you read all the posts before typing in :? ??
HES WANTING TO FIT A ITR MUFFLER TO HIS EK B-PIPE!!!
I swear some people in this forum cant bloody read before typing :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
mate take a chill pill! what happened to these forums being a friendly place to chat??? maybe i misunderstood...and it's like u NEVER misunderstand anything. CRIKEY!

from what i have read through this thread, there wasn't any mention of "b-pipe" until 1 or 2 posts before ur post on the 2nd page that started to talk abt the piping...so i just thought he was referring to the actual muffler's size - and since it fit on a coupe (as u so gratefully posted pics up of) i just thought well if it fits on a coupe it'll fit on a hatch.

sheeesh! and if i have misunderstood, instead of writing all that bullsh1t trying to give me sh1t, whouldn't it have been better to just simply say "oh yeah, i think this guy is referring to the b-pipe connection rather than the size of the muffler" - if u really had to open ur mouth that is! simple.

LatinoHatchCrap
03-07-2004, 06:08 PM
I accept what you say. I wasnt trying to be an ass but you need to still read more carefully before typing irrelevant information.