PDA

View Full Version : major shacking wen driving

Honda 94 DANTE
30-04-2007, 05:07 PM
hey guys, i jus got my car up to scratch put a new gearbox into it, got a new clutch, got the engine mounts done and major service including timing belts done. the otha day i was drivn roun, took of from the lights with a lil speed then the whole front end shook as if my two front tyres wer gonna fall of, wat could this be, it doesnt start shakin until i hit roun 70 - 80 kms but wen it does it scary.

has any1 dealt with this b4 and wat could it be

thmx guys

Merlin086
30-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Going by the thread title sounds like ......shagging

You mean "major shaking when driving" ?

JasonGilholme
30-04-2007, 05:25 PM
How violent is it??

Probably just a wheel alignment or balance thats needed.

Spicey
30-04-2007, 05:52 PM
+1 wheel balance or something

FkjAccord
30-04-2007, 06:53 PM
It could be many things...

Either CV joint problem, or Drive Shafts or suspension.

Or just a wheel alignment.. and balance

Get it Checked out - safety first

Hope this helps mate

dc2dc2dc2
30-04-2007, 06:57 PM
my car shook violently like i had a flat tyre...it was only on the rhs...turned out to be drive shaft...it was like loose and looked like it was gonna come off sooner or later. :)

as other has mentioned could be anything, just get it checked out and hope it doesn't cost too much.

Honda 94 DANTE
01-05-2007, 11:03 AM
yeh the shaking gets voilent after u hit 60 kms for every km after that it gets worse iv jus had the cv joints replaced, and the suspension is new had it lowered few months ago, i think its to much shacking for a wheel alignment,
i aint drivn it which is prob the right thing to do .
it goes into the mechanics today 4 a check up, hope its sumthin small hahah

thnx guys

ECU-MAN
06-05-2007, 08:46 PM
inner cv joints could be causing the problem.. some times they need to be greased up to stop the problem.

Joeyboy
10-05-2007, 09:47 AM
yeh the shaking gets voilent after u hit 60 kms for every km after that it gets worse iv jus had the cv joints replaced, and the suspension is new had it lowered few months ago, i think its to much shacking for a wheel alignment,
i aint drivn it which is prob the right thing to do .
it goes into the mechanics today 4 a check up, hope its sumthin small hahah

thnx guys

Hiya Honda 94 DANTE. I take it that you got the shaking problem fixed. What was making it?

Honda 94 DANTE
10-05-2007, 02:09 PM
na i havnt got it fixed yet, i got w full wheel alignment done and it made a lil difference but the guy that did the wheel alignment recons it could be sumthin likw a drive shaft, or a cv joint.
i havnt had time to get it to a mechanic yet, i should go soon tho.
as soon as i get the probem sorted out illpost wat the problem is

thnx guys

Drew
10-05-2007, 06:59 PM
If it changes with the RPM it could be the harmonic balancer

Other wise probably something iffy with the drive shafts

h22a accord
16-05-2007, 04:18 PM
inner cv joints probably, it happened to me.