PDA

View Full Version : Rear Spoiler Removal

rmalov
01-05-2007, 03:10 PM
any1 know how to remove the rear spoiler on a 98 vtir with out cutting the wires?

m3ntAL_l2
01-05-2007, 05:13 PM
lift up ur boot, take off the black plastic interior, find the wire unclip it. and then unscrew the spoiler and get a firend to help u to lift it off. might need sum force to do that so be careful not to over lift it like i did and ended up with a dent on my boot :/

tRipitaka
01-05-2007, 05:16 PM
then get the boot either shaved, or get rubber plugs to plug up the holes..

to avoid rust etc.

don't use tape.. because when your paint starts to fade, it'll leave squares on the boot

rmalov
01-05-2007, 05:20 PM
yeh but how do take off the black plastic interior, without damaging it

dudeling7
01-05-2007, 05:57 PM
my teg didnt come with a spoiler stock :) hehe

but im guessing its the same as when i removed my rear wiper.

pull of the plastic covers you have to pull hard they are slipped into the hatch quite tightly i was afraid i would break it but mine were jsut super tight.

dupac->
01-05-2007, 06:03 PM
isnt it just clips to undo the boot trim?

give it a little yank if its clips..

T-onedc2
01-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah just clips, I had to cut the wires and as soon as I did, it allowed my centre brake light to work :confused: which already had the globes in it. If you need to rejoin the wires oneday just put on some joiners with a crimping tool.

xtat1k
02-05-2007, 02:23 AM
well its just clips, yank it good and it will clip off and i suggest hole plugs if you aint gonna bog up the holes its been 4 months since ive used the plugs and still in good shape.

LoiBoi
13-05-2007, 12:19 PM
hey when u remove the spoiler and its part lights, how do u connect the the rear lights at the back of the integra? the one stuck to the rear window, that is not connected if u use the spoiler light on a vti-r:confused:

2o2y
13-05-2007, 11:06 PM
LoiBoi I had to wire up my 'in window' rear brake light the other day after being pulled over and warned for not having an operational brake light (the one in my spoiler doesn't work). It's really simple, when you've ripped off the black interior plastic to expose the metal of the boot lid, u have a green and a black wire running to the right which goes up into the spoiler. You just disconnect it and reconnect it to the clip in the 'in window' brake light. The 'in window' brake light takes a bit of effort to get off, you'll need to use a small flathead screwdriver to separate the plastic and take off the bottom bit. Once that's off, it's just redirect wires, clip together, and replace all the plastic bits. Easy. Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

LoiBoi
14-05-2007, 01:18 AM
thanks, i was too scared that i break something if i tried to open the plastic cover of the 'window in' rear lights, thanks heaps.:thumbsup:

rmalov
14-05-2007, 12:41 PM
i still cnt remove the black interior plastic to get to ther wireing, i hav tryed pulling it hard as but only the bottom half of the clips come off the top half wont budge, any suggestions?

GReY_CVC
14-05-2007, 01:01 PM
u only need to open the platic interior in the corners...n pulll the wire our from there... n u dun need to cut the wire u can just disconnect it..... well thats how i did my 2000 model GSI