PDA

View Full Version : Pod Filters etc

Mike Star
01-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi there,
Can someone tell me what benefits (if any) and also disadvantages (if any) you get by fitting a Pod Filter to an Accord Euro. If there are advantages to fitting one are there better brands to buy over others?
What are the best Leather Care and Interior Care products for the Euro that you have found through experience?

tony1234
01-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi there,
Can someone tell me what benefits (if any) and also disadvantages (if any) you get by fitting a Pod Filter to an Accord Euro. If there are advantages to fitting one are there better brands to buy over others?
What are the best Leather Care and Interior Care products for the Euro that you have found through experience?
There a number of CAIs such as K&N,Injen etc.if you search you'll find lots of info on this and other topics on this site.Meguires car care products are good(and reasonable price).Their leather foam i find is great as i have the light beige leather interior.I clean the drivers seat once a mth and you should see the dirt that comes off on the white towelling cleaning cloth.:eek:BTW.Welcome to Ozhonda.

aaronng
01-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Fitting a pod in the engine bay doesn't give much gain as you are sucking in hot air. Go for a CAI like tony1234 suggested and you get cold air instead of hot.

sendok
02-05-2007, 10:13 AM
CAI seems to be an ideal solution now.. :D no more pod.. otherwise you can make custom pipe through bumper.. :D

aaronng
02-05-2007, 10:38 AM
CAI seems to be an ideal solution now.. :D no more pod.. otherwise you can make custom pipe through bumper.. :D
Hehehheh :D

tony1234
03-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Ask aaronng the ghetto king!!!:D

joey99
03-05-2007, 08:57 AM
I've had a couple of vtec civics, s15, rx8 and now a DC2R.
on hondas I find that putting in a pod that's not enclosed you loose a lot of low end for some reason. It makes very good noise and revs up faster but evertime I put on into a honda just for fun, I always go back to the air box with a K&N panel after a few days of driving.

but on a turbo car, it makes a huge difference when combined with a full turbo back exhaust.

That's from my experience anyway. so it's good that the DC2R has a huge pod inside a air-box.

if going for a pod, it's been tested that apexi makes the best .. best airflow plus the best filtration. 2nd is K&N. foam ones are usually not as good.

Mike Star
03-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks heaps everyone for your thoughts on this. I'll do a bit more research.