PDA

View Full Version : EDIT - progressive or linear springs for cd5

rahul
02-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi All,

finally decided to lower for accord (cd5). after a bit of reading on this site, decided to go with kmac's. i will be lowering my car about 1 to 1.5 in. havent decided yet.

i went to pedders a while back, and the guy suggested to have progressive springs only at the back and kmac said its up to me if i want progressive springs at front, now i'm confused!

should i have progressive springs front and back or back only and why?

also would like some advise or spring rates, have no idea, the only thing i can say is i wont be using the car for any wkend racing or anything. i will have about 30-35 kg of audio equipment in the boot.

what springs rates should i have based on my scenario?

ps, i will be upgrading shocks at the same time or soon after

thanks in advance

rahul

rahul
04-05-2007, 09:19 AM
c'mon ppl, someone must know the answers

mods, if you think my question has better chances of getting answers in the suspension subforum, can you please move it there.

narut0
04-05-2007, 11:46 AM
If you're just after the looks, then you don't need to worry about any of these things. Just got to pedders and tell them that you want your car lowered and they will do the rest. Progressive makes your ride stiffer but can improve your handling on corners, so it's really up to you. If you decide to put progressive springs then my common sense calculates that you do them for both front and back. Make sure to change your shocks as well. It's better to do it right the first time.

If you want looks and performance, then it's a different story. You need to look at you budget and re-calculate.

rahul
04-05-2007, 02:18 PM
i have decided to go with K-Mac

progressive only makes the ride stiffer when driven hard, otherwise they are supposed to provide you with more comfortable ride, which is all well and good.

the reason i'm asking question is that based on car/model, its better to go linear than progressive in some instances. i would like to know for a CD5, whether it is better if i get linear at the front and progressive at the rear or progressive all around.

i do want performance at a price, just trying to maximise that performance with the equipment i'm going to use.

narut0
04-05-2007, 04:10 PM
i do want performance at a price, just trying to maximise that performance with the equipment i'm going to use.

Get an Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs instead to solve any of your problems. It is designed for performance and ride quality specifically for your car. Probably between $480-$500 delivered to you! Maybe another $150 for Installation depends where you live and where you get it done. Just ask around here where and who to get it from, I'm pretty sure some traders here can help you. (if they can't... I will :D)

rahul
06-05-2007, 12:08 AM
narut0, i know eibach's are good, dont want to spend that much on an older car.

i was looking at the eibach pro kit. they look like a linear/progressive combination. not sure if it is for my accord though as the pic shows a generic pro kit, which is what i want to know, to go for linear front progressive rear or progressive all round