PDA

View Full Version : help with few small things

shortman_alan
02-05-2007, 06:02 PM
i have some leaks...

1. my clutch master cylinder is leaking slightly. and wondering if a a small leak is able to become a big leak any time soon and how much would it cost to get this replaced, and is it a hard DIY?

2. i have an oil leak from my cam, crank and sump gasket. again not a huge one. hard DIY? if so how much would you expect to get it done?

mus ad that im quite lazy and my knowledge it not to good when it comes to engines. so some things can take a bit of time. lol

cheers

bscott
03-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey I had my clutch master cylinder installed into my car by a mechanic for $150 including parts an labour. Also had my Slave cylinder done at the same time for an extra $50. Doubt it would be hard to do it yourself, If you were like me with little knowledge of the mechanics of a car then Its probably a good idea to let the pros do it.

Hope this helps

theseven
05-05-2007, 04:44 PM
it would definitely going to be bigger... just go to the pros and let them do it if u cann't be bothered.. it wouldn't cost arms and legs anyway...

shortman_alan
05-05-2007, 05:13 PM
mmm but everything atm cost an arm and a leg as i need to get the whole front bumper replaced...
as my car copped a tow bar in the nose! only lightly so its only small but the metal bar that sits behind the plastic bumper has been bent inwards, there is no engine damage thank god! but will need to get both headlights and bumper replaced. including the metal bar that goes right across the front the the car. befor the radiator.

lol so while im spilling my story. how much would you expect this to cost? in dreading the wurst.
cheers

Filo_xtc01
09-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Clutch MC is easy DIY. I paid about $67.50 (I think) from honda plus the break fluid.

Have a look at this link, this is what I used - (thanks to Skinnyboy)
http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21645

Filo_xtc01
09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh and btw. I have very little know-how when it comes to things like this as I'm still in the learning process and I found this pretty easy to do. Go and get a 12mm break line spanner. Or be prepaired to round-off the nut on the hard line that goes to the MC.