PDA

View Full Version : EG lowering

akusuma
02-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi guys,

I know that there are heaps of threads about this, but couldn't find what I am looking for.

If I want to lower my car maximum 1" (preferably about 2 cms), what is your best advice?

1. If I just change my shock to an adjustable shock and keep using the stock springs, what is the height difference with my stock setup (by changing to highest or lowest setting of the adjustable shock)?
2. Is there any stock springs that I can use to substitute in order to make it lower (max 1") probably eg or dc2?
3. Should I just use aftermarket springs? Do you have any brand in particular that only lowers bout 1 inch?
4. If I decide to go with option 2 or 3, is it ok to use stock eg shocks?

My car is civic eg btw.

thanks in advance

PHAT1
02-05-2007, 10:41 PM
reset the springs or replace with heavy duty ones

akusuma
02-05-2007, 10:52 PM
can you please explain by resetting the springs? is that same as pressing the springs? any negative effect from this? will they back to original height after a while?

heavy duty springs = aftermarket ?

akusuma
03-05-2007, 10:30 AM
I have read some of the posts here about the dc2r and dc2 vtir springs? What do you guys think, can I low my civic EG if I use either dc2r or dc2 vtir springs only for about 1 inch?

[[d a n n y]]
03-05-2007, 01:33 PM
I have read some of the posts here about the dc2r and dc2 vtir springs? What do you guys think, can I low my civic EG if I use either dc2r or dc2 vtir springs only for about 1 inch?

vtir wont lower your car at all
ITR (type R) springs will lower but u wont even notice it at all
but the ride quality will be improved

akusuma
03-05-2007, 05:12 PM
thanks for the replies.

anyone knows about my first option? does it work? using the stock springs with adjustable shocks and set it to lowest setting (probably) can lower my car for about 2 cms?

circuit_DC5
04-05-2007, 01:05 PM
if your planning on aftermarket you should try whiteline.. i dropped my dc5 2inches and it's not as bad.. replacing the shocks would be a good idea to as my car now sits 2.5inches lower lol...

FS: 17inch RS GT from ozzy tyres..came of my dc5

Zdster
04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
For a one inch drop I wouldnt bother replacing your shocks (at least in the short term). Just get a set of spring (either custom or off the shelf).

narut0
05-05-2007, 12:15 AM
I agree with Zdster. Get after market springs and leave the shocks or do it right the first time because eventually you will have to change shocks if you get lowering springs, so might as well do the lot in one go and save $ on labor cost. As for brands, check and research a bit on the following:

Eibach Pro Kit Lowering springs (Drop - front:1.5" rear:1.3") about $520
Tanabe Lowering Springs (Drop - front:1.25" rear:1.25") about $480
Tein (Drop - front:1.3" rear:1.1") about $490

Then you have to find a good shocks as well. Ask the traders around here for more info because there's so many brands of shocks and springs to get. It all comes down to your budget and purpose. If you have more questions about some parts in particular, ask the traders here at OZHONDA or just check my profile or visit my web and email me from there. I am still on probation here so I can't trade and advertise at the moment.

akusuma
05-05-2007, 12:42 AM
hey,

thanks for the replies guys.

1 more thing about lowering the car. If I go with eibach springs + stock shocks, I will be lower bout 3.5 cm front and 3 cm rear. My concern is, whether it would still be legal in Victoria? I think it should be legal, but not if my car is full loaded (5 person). Is there a formula to calculate how much drop if the car (equiped with xxx kg/mm springs) is fully loaded?

Another thing is, what tyre size should I use if I go with eibach? 195/55/15 or 195/50/15? I don't want to scrub my tyres with the guard.