PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers...

simmyhong
03-05-2007, 12:12 PM
My friends are saying these are not so good, these are better etc etc.
So i was wondering what peoples thought were in general,
personal recommendations, personal experiences and etc.

I drive a 99 EM, so EK's can be considered the same car :p

OH, and, while we're on the subject, does anyone have any reputable sites/places where i can order coilovers?

DreadAngel
03-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Coilovers are not so good? Are they saying brands or compared to shocks and springs?

First of all consider your budget and needs :) That'll help narrow down your choices as they're quite expensive some of them.

OH Traders on here have coilovers of different brands so contact some of them :)

Zdster
03-05-2007, 12:50 PM
My friends are saying these are not so good, these are better etc etc.

I have no idea what you are talking about. What product is your friend saying is better?

As stated, speak with the traders as most of them are able to get coilovers for your car.

simmyhong
03-05-2007, 12:56 PM
sorry guys lol.

specifically, some friends say that the buddyclub N+'s arent good, some say it is. some say the zeal fuction xs are better, while other say it isnt.

ill be taking the car to track, not often mind you. but i still would like coilovers particularly for performance as opposed to comfort.

jeffske
03-05-2007, 12:59 PM
^ Simon you non-believer, listen to master Foo

dsp26
03-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Nothing is better than the other... each one is made for a different application.... well really just the spring rates as most coilovers in the $1200+ price range are height/damp adjustable... theres also additional bits like pillowball mounts...

all in the application mate.... same can be said about just every aftermarket part... especially camshafts... are engine dampers better than solid mounts.. is the whale penis sri intake better than a cai... are 5% tints better than 35%... sprung clutch better than unsprung clutch... viscous lsd better than mechanical... semi slicks better than rain tyres... massive bling chromies better than light weight jdms... white headlight globes better than yellow... would 2 15in subs be better in the boot of a del sol than one 10in... is a ute better than a sedan... etc.. you get the drift right? tuning has never been about who paid the most money and for what brands.. it's about making a combination work

"Drift" spec coilovers I would consider shit if i was going to be using it on road/track and vice versa.

no offence to your "friends" since they have no clue... tell them to stop watching initial d and make your own independent educated decisions in life :thumbsup: :D

simmyhong
03-05-2007, 01:11 PM
^ Simon you non-believer, listen to master Foo

lol. man its getting insanely technical and confusing :confused:
i also heard that zeals need to be sent back to japan if it need to be rebuilt.

i guess i just need whats best for my car :cool:

dsp26
03-05-2007, 01:13 PM
lol. man its getting insanely technical and confusing :confused:

i guess i just need whats best for my car :cool:

BINGO!!! your right on the money mate...:thumbsup:

simmyhong
03-05-2007, 01:30 PM
while i understand that having a combination of parts to make the perfect machine is every man's dream (and some women), you still must be able to rate each part seperately for what it is. from reliability, price, features, settings etc etc. the two that ive mentioned are pretty much all i can think of. and as you can tell, ive been fed this information from friends.

i wont be spending alot on the car, well not that much anyway.
and what i want is a stiff ride that will help my car perform well with only a small list of other mods.

for simplicity's sake, what would you guys recommend if all i had was a stock car (em1) and set of coilovers?

cheers! :D

[[d a n n y]]
03-05-2007, 01:31 PM
get back to work simon

simmyhong
03-05-2007, 01:38 PM
wtf, why is everyone wh*ring forums and not working? lawl

you get back to work! haha

NightKids
03-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Your friends are right, coilovers are no good. King Springs FTW~

mku01
03-05-2007, 02:44 PM
u can send ur zeals to centrax (http://www.centraxauto.com.au/index_flash.htm) in brisbane... they can overhaul it for u... i think its $250 per corner, so i dunno if thats cheap or not. can anyone tell me whats the average price for overhauling?

Zdster
03-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Well put it this way, thats $1000 to do them all and the coilovers cost how much to begin with?